• 160 results
Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

weird dead zones in first person shooters, damn you xiii i wanted to like you promise

pyroman31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By pyroman31

Backtracking. 

Hands down. Lazy ass game design.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By teh_pwnzorer

Barf inducing 3rd person camera (the original Tomb Raider on PC).  I hadn't tried another 3rd person game for years, after that...until, as far as I remembr, Socom on he PSP which didn't induce the same nausea.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By jasta

Not being able to see the gun in an FPS.

wormz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By wormz

Enemies that aren't really intimidating. I've tried and tried to get into Halo, but those little guys just make it impossible for me. They make the game feel like I'm shooting 5 year old hobbits with machine guns so the war kinda feels pointless and one sided.

Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#56  Edited By Ferginator4k
@DanielJW said:
" Being inable to jump. "
ooh thats a good one, but its not a game breaker.
Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By Pazy
@Ferginator4k said:
" @DanielJW said:
" Being inable to jump. "
ooh thats a good one, but its not a game breaker. "
I think that is the point, it shouldent be a game breaker but for some reason it is. There are so many times when stupid non-gamebreaking things have broken games for me. A good example are graphical flaw's I cannot unsee like weapons on a character's back floating out from them, when this is a character I will be constantly looking at for hours this can lessen my enjoyment potentially to a degree which stops me playing.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By trophyhunter

I don't believe one thing and ruin a game

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By Tennmuerti

It's kind of weird reading this topic.

When some one mentions a small flaw in a game, it makes one think: "Really, you get uppity over a small thing like that? Kind of lame to dislike a game because of that."
On the other hand when people mention serious and significant things that are a major part of a game that are flawed then it's not really the "smallest flaw", is it?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#60  Edited By natetodamax
@AlwaysAngry said:
" Bad graphics. "
lol 

For me it's a short single player campaign that gives you no reason to play through more than once.
AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" Bad graphics. "
lol"
Something wrong there?
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By Geno

Any games that have unwarranted performance issues/glitches break it for me. See Mini Ninjas for PC. 

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By natetodamax
@AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" Bad graphics. "
lol"
Something wrong there? "
Graphics don't make a game.
AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" Bad graphics. "
lol"
Something wrong there? "
Graphics don't make a game. "
Neither does story alone, gameplay alone, or anything. All components of a game should come together and form a great overall experience. Are you saying you wouldn't care if Uncharted 3 came out and used the Call of Duty 4 engine?
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By natetodamax
@AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" Bad graphics. "
lol"
Something wrong there? "
Neither does story alone, gameplay alone, or anything. All components of a game should come together and form a great overall experience. Are you saying you wouldn't care if Uncharted 3 came out and used the Call of Duty 4 engine? "
Pretty graphics don't make a game great. It's the story and gameplay that make it great. And no, I wouldn't care if Uncharted 3 used the CoD4 engine because I don't have a PS3.
Clembo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#66  Edited By Clembo

That's a pretty big issue, OP.  It's also why I didn't like Bioshock.

secretagent099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By secretagent099

Any framerate that dips below 30.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" Bad graphics. "
lol"
Something wrong there? "
Neither does story alone, gameplay alone, or anything. All components of a game should come together and form a great overall experience. Are you saying you wouldn't care if Uncharted 3 came out and used the Call of Duty 4 engine? "
Pretty graphics don't make a game great. It's the story and gameplay that make it great. And no, I wouldn't care if Uncharted 3 used the CoD4 engine because I don't have a PS3. "
That's a bad answer because whether you had a PS3 or not wasn't the point. It was an analogy.
Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Mrskidders

Being on the Wii.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By natetodamax
@AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" Bad graphics. "
lol"
Something wrong there? "
Pretty graphics don't make a game great. It's the story and gameplay that make it great. And no, I wouldn't care if Uncharted 3 used the CoD4 engine because I don't have a PS3. "
That's a bad answer because whether you had a PS3 or not wasn't the point. It was an analogy. "
Even then, you weren't talking about graphics, you were talking about en engine. Call Of Duty 4 is still a good looking game, so if Uncharted 3 had those graphics it wouldn't be the end of the world. But the engine? That's a whole different thread.
AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" Bad graphics. "
lol"
Something wrong there? "
That's a bad answer because whether you had a PS3 or not wasn't the point. It was an analogy. "
Even then, you weren't talking about graphics, you were talking about en engine. Call Of Duty 4 is still a good looking game, so if Uncharted 3 had those graphics it wouldn't be the end of the world. But the engine? That's a whole different thread. "
If you can't tell that we're talking about graphics right now, that's pretty bad...
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By natetodamax
@AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" Bad graphics. "
lol"
Something wrong there? "
Even then, you weren't talking about graphics, you were talking about en engine. Call Of Duty 4 is still a good looking game, so if Uncharted 3 had those graphics it wouldn't be the end of the world. But the engine? That's a whole different thread. "
If you can't tell that we're talking about graphics right now, that's pretty bad... "
I know we are talking about graphics, do you think I'm dumb? You said "......if Uncharted 3 came out an used the Call Of Duty 4 engine?" You said engine, not graphics. Engine can be different from graphics.
AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" Bad graphics. "
lol"
Something wrong there? "
If you can't tell that we're talking about graphics right now, that's pretty bad... "
I know we are talking about graphics, do you think I'm dumb? You said "......if Uncharted 3 came out an used the Call Of Duty 4 engine?" You said engine, not graphics. Engine can be different from graphics. "
I said "engine" because I didn't feel like typing "graphics engine." Same thing you did, you type "lol" because you obviously didn't want to type "laugh out loud." Who cares!? If you're that nit-picky, I refuse to argue with you any longer.
mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#74  Edited By mx
@davissc9 said:
" @mazik765 said:
" Equipped armour/weapons not changing the appearance of your character. "
"

This and bad lip syncing really fucks me up.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By natetodamax
@AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" Bad graphics. "
lol"
Something wrong there? "
I know we are talking about graphics, do you think I'm dumb? You said "......if Uncharted 3 came out an used the Call Of Duty 4 engine?" You said engine, not graphics. Engine can be different from graphics. "
I said "engine" because I didn't feel like typing "graphics engine." Same thing you did, you type "lol" because you obviously didn't want to type "laugh out loud." Who cares!? If you're that nit-picky, I refuse to argue with you any longer. "
According to Wikipedia,  " The core functionality typically provided by a game engine includes a rendering engine (“renderer”) for 2D or 3D graphics, aphysics engine or collision detection (and collision response), soundscriptinganimationartificial intelligencenetworking, streaming, memory management, threading, localization support, and ascene graph

When you said engine, was I too assume you were talking about a graphics engine? You could have been talking about the physics from CoD4, the animation, the AI, etc. I'm not being nit picky, I'm just trying to make sense of your nonsense, which frankly is more difficult than it sounds.
WEGGLES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By WEGGLES

Barrel rolling in Afterburner: Climax.

urk

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" Bad graphics. "
lol"
Something wrong there? "
I said "engine" because I didn't feel like typing "graphics engine." Same thing you did, you type "lol" because you obviously didn't want to type "laugh out loud." Who cares!? If you're that nit-picky, I refuse to argue with you any longer. "
 When you said engine, was I too assume you were talking about a graphics engine?
YES! Yes you were! That's what we've been talking about from the beginning! Do you realize this whole conversation is about graphics!? Who the hell mentioned AI!?
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By natetodamax
@AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" Bad graphics. "
lol"
Something wrong there? "
 When you said engine, was I too assume you were talking about a graphics engine?
YES! Yes you were! That's what we've been talking about from the beginning! Do you realize this whole conversation is about graphics!? Who the hell mentioned AI!? "
Well sorry I bothered you then, I misunderstood what you were trying to say.
GaZZuM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#79  Edited By GaZZuM

The gameplay in Assassin's Creed

Eidderf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Eidderf

I'm not really bothered by small flaws, though I am starting to get a bit annoyed at some of red dead's weirder weapon problems. For example using the lasso doesn't always seem to work, for some reason he refuses to throw it at the target sometimes and just sort of stands there, it gets annoying when trying to hogtie the bountys sometimes. (Though googling it it seems I'm the only one who's hand this problem)

Tasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#81  Edited By Tasus

Lag on menus

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By themangalist

I don't know about you, but I get motion sickness quite easily. That's why I absolutely HATE games that are so good and keep me playing, BUT the field of view is just intolerable. I get that feeling playing Call of Duty and especially, Half-Life 2.

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By ectoplasma

I couldnt play Dead Space on PC because it played like a piece of crap with the mouse. Also I cant Play ut3 because everything is grey. How can it be so grey? I hate playing games which can't achieve a steady frame rate (best 60fps+) or don't have very spot on controls.

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ectoplasma
@themangalist said:
" I don't know about you, but I get motion sickness quite easily."
This too! I get motion sickness from HL2 for example. I don't get motion sickness from BBC2 or MW2.
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#85  Edited By demontium

Lag, even in the slightest bit, and framerate dipping.

SourMillennia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#86  Edited By SourMillennia

The horrible multiplayer lag that pervades Gears 1 and 2. When the game works it's great, when it doesn't it makes me cry and curse all at the same time...which is awkward to say the least.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#87  Edited By skrutop

It's a really minor complaint, but playing the intro riff to Iron Lung by Radiohead on expert guitar on Rock Band drives me nuts.  It's such a clear ho/po, but you have to strum it.  I know it was released early on, so the game didn't have hand-placed ho/po's, but I just can't play that song because of it.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" Bad graphics. "
lol"
Something wrong there? "
I understand what you're saying, graphics can sometimes make the experience.  Red Dead Redemption for example would not be quite so immersive if it were an NES game.
However, in general I don't think graphics matter at all.  I can enjoy old games just as much as state of the art ones.
Avatar image for horsepuckishness
Horsepuckishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Horsepuckishness
@mazik765 said:
" Equipped armour/weapons not changing the appearance of your character. "
This. It's just lazy design.
Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#90  Edited By buzz_killington

Third-person shooters that have the reticule on the screen at all times, even if they have the over-shoulder view.

shiptoncraig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By shiptoncraig

"Hollow" graphics.  It's hard to describe though :p

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Burns098356GX

Overly loose controls. I tried Killzone 2 when I owned a PS3, I found the controls would be so loose it was just annoying to try to be precise.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#93  Edited By dbz1995

Lack of character development in pretty much any game. For example, in Borderlands, without caring for the characters, I felt a lot of the time I was just shooting for no particular reason.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By shadows_kill

not being able to aim down the sites and bad aiming in the game. fallout 3 is impossible for me cause it has the "><" but really could fire 500 feet to the right or left instead in the given area....

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By CL60
@Make_Me_Mad said:
" Oblivion: Skin Tone of the head not matching the body, with a noticeable line around the neck.  It pains me so much that I couldn't play the game for months, and when I do I have to keep a shirt or robe on every character at every time. "
That and how sometimes the beggars would have 2 different voice actors depending on the question you asked them.
ryno9881

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By ryno9881

Dragon Age's lack of any kind of appealing armor and a general terrible art style.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

#97  Edited By eccentrix
@CL60 said:
" @Make_Me_Mad said:
" Oblivion: Skin Tone of the head not matching the body, with a noticeable line around the neck.  It pains me so much that I couldn't play the game for months, and when I do I have to keep a shirt or robe on every character at every time. "
That and how sometimes the beggars would have 2 different voice actors depending on the question you asked them. "
That's because they were trying to sound more pathetic to get money off you.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#98  Edited By Yummylee

Lack of customisation for your character. More specifically for open-world games.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By EVO

I can't think of anything. 

If it's enough to ruin a game a game for me, it's must be a pretty big flaw.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#100  Edited By s10129107

Not being able to map my buttons.  I remember Batman Arkham Asylum required an xbox controller if you wanted to use a gamepad.  Also i believe beyond good and evil had that problem.  I hate that kind of stuff.