" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" Bad graphics. "
lol"
Something wrong there? "
Graphics don't make a game. "
Neither does story alone, gameplay alone, or anything. All components of a game should come together and form a great overall experience. Are you saying you wouldn't care if Uncharted 3 came out and used the Call of Duty 4 engine? "
I understand what you're saying, graphics can sometimes make the experience.  Red Dead Redemption for example would not be quite so immersive if it were an NES game. However, in general I don't think graphics matter at all.  I can enjoy old games just as much as state of the art ones. "

Just going to add something on to this. To me, when someone says that a game has bad graphics I like to assume they are saying that a games graphics are noticeably inferior to other games from that time period/console. Surely, no one would say something like, "Ocarina of Time has shit graphics because it doesn't look nearly as good as Gears of War."  That is not a fair comparison. It might be true, but it is just a stupid thing to say. Sadly, people do say things like that, though. I know this doesn't really contribute much, but I wanted to chime in on how annoying this is. Now, if a brand new game developed solely for PS3 comes out and looks like I'm playing Siren (the original PS2 one) then we have a problem. Because I am going to spend the entire time wondering why it looks this way. That being said, good graphics can't make a game good either. Take Final Fantasy XIII for example. Yeah, it looked nice, but it was nothing but over produced J-Pop bullshit built around a horribly told story featuring astoundingly annoying characters. Oh, and a battle system that earned the dubious honor of being called "kind of OK."

As for a small detail ruining an entire game, I would have to say Otis from Dead Rising. That asshole would literally call me at the worst time possible. Then he would get pissy at me if I 
hung up on him because I had to suddenly fight tooth and nail against a crowd of seventy something zombies. Fuck you, Otis. Fuck you and your goddamn janitor closet ivory tower.
#152 Posted by floodiastus (1262 posts) -
@jim_dandy said:
" Mouse acceleration. "
Totally agree, is that even done anymore though? :) 

Lack of Local COOP.
#153 Posted by theguy (796 posts) -
@DanielJW said:
" Being inable to jump. "
This, and not being able to see the sky.
#154 Posted by JoeyRavn (4974 posts) -

Having to switch to your Rogue if you want to pick a lock in Dragon Age: Origins. If you're not playing with a Rogue, you'll get nuts with the switching back and forth between characters. Luckily there's a mod for PC that automatically makes your Rogue go and pick the lock when you click on it with any other character, and even one that makes the Rogue pick locks by themselves... but I guess console gamers are f*** up. 

Also, terrible loot, as in DA:O. I just killed an extremely hard boss, don't make it drop a lesser health poultice, FFS. In DA:O, %90 of the loot is completely useless.  

ALSO, RPGs with few armor and weapon variety. It kills the sense of progression, IMO.

#155 Posted by lazyartist (61 posts) -

killzone 2 - when the game freezes for a few seconds to load. and when the in-game dialogue starts skipping like a broken record. fuckin irritating

#156 Posted by ajamafalous (11997 posts) -

All of the shitty unnecessary changes they made between ME and ME2.

#157 Posted by thehuntsmen5434 (434 posts) -

Very bad art or character design choices

#158 Posted by White_Silhouette (473 posts) -

Invisible walls and (horribly placed) fixed camera angles. 

and soon to be 3D games on a 2D set.

#159 Posted by Akeldama (4247 posts) -

basically any inconsistency of any kind. 

Also, fuck the vehicles in ME.

#160 Posted by Bluethunder35 (337 posts) -

Any of you ever heard of the fangame Super Mario: Blue Twilight DX? It's such a nice looking tribute to Super Mario World, except that the jump and run buttons are mapped incorrectly. It makes the game frustrating to play because the run button is now to the right of the jump button instead of the left, making running jumps a pain. You can't re-map it either. That little flaw ruins everything.

#161 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Poor FOV handling can be enough to make me sick (Borderlands in 16:9 while sitting at PC monitor distance). So that I guess.

@White_Silhouette said:

" and soon to be 3D games on a 2D set.   "
Whaaaat? How would that affect anything whatsoever? Seriously, I'd like to hear some reasoning behind this.
#162 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Being forced to watch a really long and totally boring intro. I rented Half-Life 1 back on the PS2 long ago, and used my new memory card to save. Well, apparently if you save with 2 memory cards in your PS2 at once, it'll corrupt your cards. So... that's exactly what happened. All my progress (which wasn't much, to be honest) was lost and I tried to play it again, but that boring 10 minute tram intro just killed it for me when I realized I couldn't skip it the 2nd time.