So any of you guys have a massive backlog of games to go through?

• 91 results
triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By triple07

Holy shit yes. I can't remember all the games I've started and haven't finished. Instead I'll play Dota 2 and never finish any of them.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Ben_H

Roughly 100 games on Steam and a couple on Xbox Live Arcade. I just finished up Dead Island (That game is amazing) and I'm now working on Trials Evolution, Fez, Saints Row 2,  and STALKER: CoP. I intend to get the Civ V expansion so a lot of this will be put on hold. I also am working my way through the challenges for the Porsche Pack for Forza 4 (DUDE PORSCHES)

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#53  Edited By beard_of_zeus
@Aetheldod said:

Well mine is no longer that long , unfortunately most of the are RPGS D:!!!!! Baldurs Gate , Planetscape torment , temple of elemental evil , The Witcher , The Witcher 2 , Last Remnant , Persona 3 , Skyrim (well the main quest ... almost there tho) Fallout New Vegas , Freescape 2 , Lone Survivor , Amnesia The dark decent , Braid , Far Cry 2 .... Hexen Heretic and Hexen 2. Not too many ^___^

That's my issue - I'm a sucker for RPGs, and having even just a couple on the backlog is a huge time investment. I've been playing through both Tales of Graces F and Xenoblade Chronicles since their releases a couple months back, and still haven't finished either. Not to say I haven't been playing and finishing other games to supplement them, but man, companies should make shorter RPGs, I would appreciate that. Witcher 2 was only a 20-25 hr investment, and I loved it (note the part where I actually finished it!).
captain_max707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By captain_max707

Yes.  

Cryostasis 
The Witcher (And then The Witcher 2) 
Penumbra Black Plague (I'm relatively close to the end I think. I just learned there is a dogman.) 
Mass Effect 2 
Alan Wake 
Max Payne 
Hitman Codename 47 
Stacking 
Limbo 
Gemini Rue 
System Shock 2 
E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy (maybe.) 
Super Meat Boy (I technically finished, A+ on all the light world, but the second half of darkworld and cotton alley continue to be difficult) 
Deus Ex Human Revolution (I gave up on the first one after losing 15 hours of progress) 
Skyrim (maybe. Not even close to a priority) 
 Fallout New Vegas 
Bioshock 2
LA Noire  

And the Steam Summer Sale is coming...

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By NegativeCero

I generally am pretty good at finishing the games I buy this generation since they're pretty short. Instead I'm going through my backlog from previous generations. Finishing up Final Fantasy IX (last dungeon!) and loved every minute of it. That game has some genuinely touching moments and is very charming.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

All games ever, because I haven't had the money to buy a game since Skyrim, and before that, it was a long ass time too. Starting work HOPEFULLY this week so that'll change soon. I don't want to type it out, it's huge.

knetic2341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By knetic2341

Hah. Yes I do, enjoy my list of 38 or so console games:

1. Grand Theft Auto IV
  2. Halo Wars
  3. Far Cry 2
  4. Brink
  5. Fallout 3 DLC
  6. Crackdown 2
  7. Fallout: New Vegas
  8. Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
  9. Bioshock 2
  10. Dragon Age 2
  11. GTA IV DLC
  12. Rage
  13. Dark Souls
  14. Mortal Kombat
  15. Mass Effect 3
  16. Skyrim
  17. Halo: CE
  18. Final Fantasy XIII
  19. Final Fantasy XIII 2
  20. Borderlands DLC
  21. Batman: Arkham City
  22. MGS Collection
  23. Assassin's Creed: Revelations
  24. Splinter Cell Conviction
  25. Crysis 2
  26. Space Marine
  27. Dragon Age: Origins
  28. Singularity
  29. Brutal Legend
  30. Dead Space
  31. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  32. Uncharted 3
  33. Metal Gear Solid 4
  34. Infamous
  35. God of War 3
  36. Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
  37. Jak and Daxter HD
  38. Resistance 3

Yeah I don't look forward to Fall. Huh, I actually called it at 38.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Clonedzero

games i actually own that i need to beat? i dont have any.

games that are currently out that i'd like to play? yeah theres a ton but im poor lol

Avatar image for verticalstripes
verticalstripes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By verticalstripes

Of the games I own, my backlog isn't big at all, I do a good job of playing the games I buy.    The games currently on my backlog are: Dead Space, the second half of GTA IV, and Pikmin 2.   Diablo 3 would be on that list also, but I've haven't been able to play it because of computer problems.   I'm not really sure if Viva Pinata has a true end, but if it does, I need to beat that too.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By mandude

Some of the games I'd consider my very favourite are on my backlog. Of course, the list of games I have yet to finish would officially clock in at novel length.

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By gunslingerNZ

I've gotten better at this and don't just buy games I know I won't have time to play even though I desperately want to. Slowly working down my back catalogue now but I'm currently hitting a road block with a bunch of RPGs.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By BPRJCTX

To many to list... Really.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

There are dozens of AAA games I haven't played yet. However, I fail to give a shit about any of them and carry on just fine without them, so I wouldn't exactly consider it a "backlog". More like games that I'm just fine never playing.

I never thought it would happen, but I've finally reached a point in my life where games simply do not interest me anymore, at least not like they used to.

ftomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By ftomato

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/ftomato/games-id-like-to-play/46-73377/

That's ~275 games, and the list doesn't count games I've started and have no intention to finish. I think I own ~100 of those already, likely more.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By MeierTheRed

@S0ndor said:

There are dozens of AAA games I haven't played yet. However, I fail to give a shit about any of them and carry on just fine without them, so I wouldn't exactly consider it a "backlog". More like games that I'm just fine never playing.

I never thought it would happen, but I've finally reached a point in my life where games simply do not interest me anymore, at least not like they used to.

I'm somewhat in the same boat. But with my age i have become more picky about what i want to play. Like i really loved Mass Effect back in the day and ME2 was ok too. But i could not give two shits about Mass Effect 3, and for more reasons than one. I never saw it coming, had it been 3-4 years ago i would just have bought it without even thinking about it.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By TheHT

dude. i really, really don't want to list them out. it'll just make it all seem like a chore, like the last threads i listed them in.

i'm just gonna play whatever i feel like, old or new, and i recommend you all do the same.

Phr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Phr4nk0

I have a huge backlog, huge. It got that way by constantly buying games online and on sales for super cheap prices. I decided a month or so ago that I'm no longer buying any new games until I atleast half my backlog is gone. Since then I've finished close to 20 games and still have somewhere around 60 XBLA titles and 40 odd Xbox 360 games left.

I realised I'm just wasting my money as some of the games have been sitting sealed and unplayed for over a year, and with prices constantly going down, buying games as I go is a better bet. he problem is compounded with my completion OCD with me wanting to 100% everything in every game I play, even if I end up not liking the game too much. I've put 100's of hours into single achievements that could have seen me a whole bunch of other completions but that's my vice, I guess.

Hairy_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Hairy_Fish

I still have to play all the games I got from when GAME went of business. I had a backlog before that too. I'm so behind...

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By morningstar

Hundreds...I buy too many games....

darkfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#70  Edited By darkfury
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By CL60

Too many, ever since I've started working 12 hour shifts, I keep buying games but never have time to finish them, and lose interest.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#72  Edited By Fearbeard

It is way too big, and I haven't updated it the last couple months

http://backloggery.com/fearbeard

My one consolation is that the only new release game I bought this year that I've added to my backlog is Witcher 2. Though there were a number of games on sale that got added to it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#73  Edited By Humanity

I ordered Max Payne 3 and Vanquish (Damn you Bombcast!) and had to actively stop myself from purchasing Binary Domain and Borderlands GOTY before those first two even got here. So I'm keeping my eye on it!

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Vexxan

Only a few I haven't finished or played, I usually finish games before I buy new ones, the exception being when I buy indie game bundles and sometimes I just don't have time to finish all the games that come with it.

betterboulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By betterboulder

In terms of games I've played for at least a bit but have yet to finish and not games that I haven't even begun-

360:

• Bayonetta
  • Brutal Legend
  • Witcher 2
  • Rage
  • Ghostbusters
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Bastion
  • Fez
  • Dragon Age
  • Lost Odyssey
  • Alpha Protocol

Wii:

• Skyward Sword
  • Muramasa
  • Zack and Wiki
  • Xenoblade Chronicles

PS3:

• Alice Madness Returns
  • GOW 3
  • Dark Souls
  • Resonance of Fate
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • Castlevania Lords of Shadow
  • Vanquish
  • Deus Ex: HR
  • Neir
  • Tales of Graces F
  • Syndicate
  • LA Noire
  • Folklore
  • FF 13
  • MGS 4
  • Yakuza 4
  • Disgaea 4

DS/3DS:

• Ghost Trick
  • Okamiden
  • Solatorobo
  • SMT: Strange Journey
  • Devil Survivor Overclocked/2
  • Radiant Historia
  • Tales of the Abyss
  • Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

I honestly doubt I'll be able to complete them all in this lifetime

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#76  Edited By nightriff

My backlog is around 30 games or so, slowly working my way through them. Here's the list I created for them.

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#77  Edited By TobyD81

Plenty, and I think the rest of the year will be great for it. There'snot a lot I'm looking forward to until 2013, so it's a good time to go back.

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#78  Edited By ahoodedfigure

I didn't used to, depending on how you define massive, but a big purchase at GOG has set me up, that and buying an older console, which I'm already regretting. If I put it into a list I'm going to get depressed, although I think some of my old lists pretty much show what I have waiting for me. And there's Kickstarter, assuming all those projects work out... Bleah.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#79  Edited By OneManX

I still have to finish Gears 3, Uncharted 3,Kingdoms of Amalur.

I want to hop back into Arkham City and mop that game up. Tis summer is looking pretty thin with releases I want to play, until Borderlands 2 drops, so I got time to finisha few of these games.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#80  Edited By Still_I_Cry

Sure do, more than I can remember. Seems like lots of games just don't "click" with me.

Cyrus_Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Cyrus_Saren

Let's see...

• The Witcher 2
  • Xenoblade: Chronicles
  • Tales of Graces f
  • Rayman: Origins
  • Diablo 3
  • Bastion
  • Lost Odyssey

That's all I can think of for now... I know I have a lot more though.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Hitchenson

I've got like 100 games on steam with no hours - only a couple hours played, about 10ish PS3 games I've yet to touch and a few 360 games that I have just written off at this point. My 3DS itself might as well be considered backlog too.

So, yes.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#83  Edited By NMC2008

Over 120 games are on my backlog, I am not listing them. lol

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#84  Edited By MachoFantastico

I remember actually rather enjoying Bourne Conspiracy... which for some reason seems really odd for me. 

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By wjb

Just Skyrim right now -- purposely waited until the summer to play it. Other than that, maybe Amalur, but I wasn't into it during the first five hours.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By stryker1121

I used to have a rule that I wouldn't buy a new game if I had one unfinished. But having a gaming PC nowadays has scotched that plan. Games I have unfinished include:

PC

* Torchlight (stuck on the last boss)

*Witcher Enhanced Edition

*Planescape Torment (I know it's a classic, but having a hard time getting on w/ it despite the excellent writing)

*Morrowind GOTY (finished the main quest, just now getting back into the expansion stuff)

XBOX

*Far Cry 2 (I don't see myself ever completing this tbh. Great, interesting game in many ways, but massive flaws hold it back)

*Vanquish (very fun but score attack games are not my bag and I keep putting it down)

*Crackdown

* KoA Reckoning (50 hours in and finding the game a little dull. I slow burn RPGs like this but i feel like I've already seen everything of interest)

* Deus EX HR (Very good, but flawed. I plan to finish it, though)

*Metro 2033 (like the atmosphere, dislike the slippery shooting mechanics)

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#87  Edited By crusader8463

Not counting Steam it's about 50-60. With Steam it's closer to 150-200. I also stopped keeping track of it because it became just one more reason to not work on said backlog. Knowing that if I did get into a game then I would have to go update a couple lists that I was making just made me not want to do it more. I got through about 10 of them in the last year or so, but ever since I started this job a few months back I haven't touched a game. Just can't get motivated to start anything knowing that I will only get to play it for an hour or so a day, and since most of my games are super long RPG's it will take months to complete a single game. Don't like the idea of committing to a game over that long of a time to be played in such small chunks because I know myself well enough to know I will never complete a game if I have to play it like that. So instead I just watch movies and TV shows on my PC.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#88  Edited By zeforgotten

I buy games all the time and many games at a time so I'm actually surprised that I have no backlog to dive into.   
There's actually nothing that I have played and never finished left on my PC or my shelf.  

Weird feeling, I don't like it

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Gaff
  • Heavy Rain
  • Hyper Dimension Neptunia
  • Demon's Souls
  • Dark Souls
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Alpha Protocol
  • Sword & Sworcery EP

And... That's it, as far as I can tell? Of course, there's a difference between having an unfinished game on your shelf and actually wanting to finish it.

Grimmy616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Grimmy616

DOUBLE POOOOOOOOST 

Games I need to finish - July 2012

1. Gears of War 3

Played until Act 2 or so. Beast and Horde Mode were fun but the competitive multiplayer in Gears was never really for me. May even look for people to finish it in co-op?

2. Driver: San Francisco

Was playing this after hearing about the crazy storyline and it is pretty crazy. Got about three quarters through. Multiplayer was dead in that game.

3. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

SHPACE MARRENS?! Been so long I don't even know if I remeber what the story was in this game. Something about a cannon. MAybe that's all I reall need to know?

4. Fallout: New Vegas

This is just for getting all the DLC and then finishing them in rapid succesion

5. Shadows of the Damned

After playing Lollipop Chainsaw this game came back to me. Will probably play it after I finish Lollipop Chainsaw. Or maybe that's just too much Suda 51 for me.

6. Iron Brigade

Had this weird bug where I was in a online game and I became someone who just entered the game and left? And inherited all his game progress and medals, even though I only finished the first set of levels. Haven't gone back since.

7. Ms. Splosion Man

Even though I love the first one I never finished this game. I remember it being hard and had really shit checkpoints.

8. Super Meat Boy

While we're on the subject I never beat this friggin game. Got pretty tough for me towards the end there and I never got to finishing it. Got the PC version too but I didnt have a gamepad "thingie".

9. Syndicate

Played more of the co-op than the main game. But I guess people started playing the same level over and over because that'S how you got the most chips. I last remember ziplining over and busting through a building.

10. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Got the 360 version. Didn't have time for a RPG but perhaps during this summer break I can reall get into this.

11. Darksiders

Played till the 2nd boss. The second one is coming out soo so might as well finish this before it comes out.

12. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

On the HD collection. Played it until the part where PAtrick and Jeff got stuck for a while in the Quick Look.

13. The Saboteur

Replayed this game a few months ago after putting it off for some time. I probably stopped playing around the time I stopped the first time.

14. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Might as well.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#91  Edited By Milkman

With nothing really coming out, I decided to go through a list of games I skipped or never finished.  

Starting with 

• Catherine
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Darksiders (made it about halfway through when it came out)
  • Vanquish (made it about an hour in)
 I'm trying to make it through these pretty quick though since Gods & Kings just came out and I kind of just want to play that forever.