So did anybody watch Mass Effect Paragon Lost?

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

So randomly by chance while shopping on Amazon today I found out this anime movie came out last week on dvd and blu-ray. I'm tempted to press the "one-click" shopping button and take one last dive into the Mass Effect Universe but honestly will this be any good? The story presumably explains some back story to James Vega, which already gives this movie one strike as I found him the least interesting in Mass Effect 3. The one plus to the movie is that it's produced by production I.G which is a legit quality Japanese animation studio. Anyone else gonna take the plunge on the film or are you pretty much "Mass Effect" out? Anybody seen it already and what are your thoughts of it while keeping spoilers to a minimum?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Animasta

if it's as bad, or even half as bad, as death to the seeker or whatever that DA2 anime was, then fuck that shit.

that movie was garbage.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By TheHT

I thought about it but wasn't all that interested in a Vega movie. That thing that happened to him that he was all guilty about I remember being interesting, but I guess it wasn't interesting enough for me to remember.

Quality looks alright though, so I might check it out just for the hell of it. Also that dude's head blew up really good. Also also, anime Krogan and Vorcha look weird.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#4  Edited By Little_Socrates

I liked Vega. He got the short shrift 'cause they only gave him about an hour's worth of content in the game, but I liked him. He was someone new to meet in the Mass Effect universe before I met Javik; that was almost enough.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By buft

I ended up falling asleep the one time i had a chance to watch it, got about 15 minutes in and at that point i just couldnt see the story going anywhere, other than Vega i couldnt stand any of the other characters.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By ThunderSlash

It looks like one of those bad Dead Space anime tie-ins.

Gaspatchosoup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Gaspatchosoup

Avoid it like the plauge it is awful. Got if off psn early and didn't even finish it and deleted it. Its not worth your'e time.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Branthog

Frankly, I'm Mass Effect-ed-out. I experienced my story and I'm done.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

It's not great, but I didn't hate it. The animation is pretty good and the action is decent, but that's the extent of the highs. There aren't any actual voice actors other than Freddie Prinze Jr. What other existing characters make appearances (Hackett, Anderson, Liara) are sound alike of varying quality. The plot is actually from ME3, it's the mission Vega mentioned about a Collector attack where he had to make a choice that resulted in his CO's death. The dialogue is hit or miss and the characters range from ok to the worst thing ever.

As far as Mass Effect expanded fiction is concerned it's neither the best (first three books) or the worst (fourth book). I look at it much like the iphone game (not the ipad game), where it tells a story you already have some knowledge of starring an already established character, but doesn't really add a whole lot to the universe.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By FLStyle

I stopped the embedded video at 1 minute in when the dying Brute sound-byte was used as a Varren's roar, meh.

If you want to see a real prequel, in live-action and starring the voice of MaleShep, Mark Meer, check out Red Sand.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Justin258

Doesn't look that bad just from the five minutes I watched, but then I've paused it after five minutes and don't care to finish it.

Seems like the people who have seen it really didn't like it, so I'd say "don't". It doesn't look like anything particularly interesting anyway.

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Roger778

I'm not really interested in this movie I got all the background information I needed from Vega in the game.

I know a lot of Mass Effect fans don't like Vega, but I thought Bioware did a very good job developing this character who at first glance, looks like he is a musclar idiot. However, if you get to know him, he will open up about his past, and I thought that was a very nice touch.