So do you have any Christmas gaming plans?

• 69 results
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mordukai

Last night I bought the Double Fine pack from Steam so I can't wait to sink my teeth into Iron Brigade. I also hope that I will figure out the controls issues I'm having with Psychonauts because that's one gaming experience I don't want to miss due to technical problems. In all likelihood I will get another play through of Journey somewhere in there.

We also have friends coming over for a Cards Against Humanity night with the new holiday expansion pack.

What are your plans?

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Mijati

Not much as the only extra day I have off is Christmas Day (and new years). Going to try and shove in as many things as possible this weekend, smaller games most likely just to get a better impression for games to put on my GOTY list but other than that nothing specifically planned.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DoctorTran

Probably just dicking around with the ipad Mini I'm getting.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

@mordukai said:

I also hope that I will figure out the controls issues I'm having with Psychonauts because that's one gaming experience I don't want to miss due to technical problems.

If it's on the PC, get a gamepad. Trust me: it's much better with a gamepad.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Hizang

I have until the 31st, I'm off from work for the longest time since well, before I started work. I intend to finish up Far Cry 3 tomorrow morning, then either work on my GOTY list or try and fit either XCOM or Dishonoured in before the end of the year. Because what I really want to do, is spend my time playing a few older games, spend some time on my SNES or N64.

Slurpelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Slurpelve

Probably finish Borderlands 2 and X-Com, play some Portal and buy Farcry 3.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By C0V3RT

I'm going to finish up Sleeping Dogs probably Monday. I've got an unopened copy of Far Cry 3 that's begging to be opened so I'll probably start that soon after. On Christmas itself, my family's requested me to bring over the Wii U (it was a huge hit at Thanksgiving) so I'll play some of that and know my family got me ZombiU so I'll probably play that this upcoming week too.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By UitDeToekomst

I finished Dishonored and Forza Horizon (mostly) today and just started Spec Ops: The Line, which I should finish tomorrow (my understanding is that it is pretty short). So, that leaves me Monday and Tuesday before I have to go back to work. I'll probably try to fit in as much of Fez, Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Binary Domain as possible.

Alibambam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Alibambam

I'll be playing a bit of me old Dota 2, a game or two in the morning before I start my 2 full-fletched family dinners

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By GunstarRed

I'm a few chapters into Max Payne 3 and I'm really enjoying that. I'm also probably going to play more of Zone of the Enders HD... and by more I mean not just play the Metal Gear Rising demo.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By jacdg

Need to finish Sleeping Dogs and then the DLC for it, I'll also try to get through Asura's Wrath, which I borrowed from a buddy.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By Sooperspy

Gonna play myself some Far Cry 3.

Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mighty

Lots and lots of exploring in Far Cry 3, then some NCAA Football (because I can) and Minecraft as well. That, and I'm gonna keep hitting Halo 4 multiplayer.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By jakob187

About the only time I'll have to do any gaming is after 6pm on Christmas Eve. Depends on whether I stay at the store and play with whoever stays late or if I go home to play one of the multiple games I was gifted for the holidays.

Goddammit, there are too many games to play and nowhere near enough time for them!

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By mosespippy

The minecraft server I use is going to set a wither boss loose on the world. That'll be fun. I'd like to play some co-op games (I'm thinking Borderlands or RE5) but my sister and her husband just had a baby so my usual co-op partners are rather busy.

fisher81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By fisher81

Finish Far Cry 3 before Christmas so I can re-gift it to my brother.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17  Edited By granderojo

Go play pool at a billiards hall because I'm a schmuck. Also I will have beat ME3 by Christmas day so there's that. FINALLY.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rjayb89

I'm gonna try to finish the second Phoenix Wright game and Asura's Wrath.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19  Edited By crusader8463

Nothing. I work on Christmas and just got usual time off after. I don't really have any game I'm going crazy wanting to play ether. I'm hoping to start digging into my backlog and beat a game or two from there, but I just can't seem to get motivated to start anything since most of the games are very long RPGs that will take a lot of time investment.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20  Edited By musubi

Trying to just wait out these last couple of weeks until DmC. I need new releases! I might actually have to play my backlog and who wants to do that!

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By Clonedzero

im fairly confidant my big brother bought me XCOM, so ill probably play a bunch of that.

cus he called me last week "hey, do you have XCOM yet?" "nope" "ok im getting you that for xmas then."

pretty pumped for it actually.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SaFt

I'll probably just play some Shenmue and maybe try to start again on Wild Arms 3.

medacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By medacris
Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

@crusader8463: I find it best to just jump headlong into a game. I did that with the Witcher and had a very enjoyable time, even if I didn't finish it.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#25  Edited By SMTDante89

Play through some Mass Effect on the PS3, hopefully to finish it and get onto Mass Effect 2.

Originally finished both on the 360 but now that I don't have one, I'm going to finally finish the fight on the PS3, and play some of the multiplayer in ME3.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not on Christmas day because I'll most likely be visiting family. After that though I intend to pick up and enjoy Far Cry 3.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By butano

After Christmas, due to being away from my gaming desktop til then, I'll be spending my free time playing all the games I've wanted to play but never had time to beat due to school, so Dishonored, Spec Ops, Sleeping Dogs, and depending if XCOM gets a little lower on Steam, that. Also picked up Guild Wars 2, so I'll be wasting my life away with that :D

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By fetchfox

I'm hoping to get the time to play (and finish!) The Walking Dead episodes. That's pretty much it, considering all I have is my laptop.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By villainy

Finally finished Dragon Warrior VII last night. Starting into Growlanser 2 (Generations) today. Yes, I have a problem.

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By living4theday258

Finish Torchlight 2 and chrono trigger again then ill proceed to fuck around with a few other games

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By ThePickle

Late night FTL sesh is expected.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By Justin258

I want to finish Torchlight 2 and Dishonored, and I want to play more of Forza Horizon. Then, before Christmas break is over, I'm going to slip into some old shoes and play something classic from start to finish. Probably Metroid Prime.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By 49th

Not really, just started properly playing MGS3 HD. Man, that game is awesome.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#34  Edited By FancySoapsMan

-I need to finish Far Cry 3

-I bought myself a 3ds, Super Mario 3D Land, and Virtue's Last Reward. I'm probably going to buy Pushmo at some point as well.

-If Star Wars KOTOR 2 is part of a daily sale on Steam anytime, I'll probably get that too.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Mrsignerman44

Probably finish Borderlands 2 which is long as shit and hopefully play some Farcry 3

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Well I'll be stuck at my sister's house this Christmas so I'll only be able to play in the morning and night but I will be playing the rest of Dead Space 2 during those times.

smokeyd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By smokeyd123

I have 3 days off the day after Christmas, so I'll be digging into some fighting games with a long time friend I haven't seen in forever, and some Link to the Past.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#38  Edited By Svenzon

A co-worker is staying at my place on Christmas Day since we start work early on the 26th, so we'll put some hours into Halo 4 co-op while we're at it. Probably playing some Castle Crashers with my brother, sister and brother-in-law tomorrow.

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#39  Edited By beard_of_zeus

Kinda all I am doing for my Christmas time off is playing games. I'm working on finishing Fall of Cybertron right now - which is super fun, High Moon did a great job.

I bought Fez when it was 1/2 off on XBLA earlier this week, so we'll see how far I go down that rabbit hole. I'm still in the basic platforming and puzzle solving stage, working on going from 16 to 32 cubes. They also had Bully on Games on Demand for $10, so I bought that, and have played a few hours so far. I beat it originally way back when it came out on the PS2, and it still actually holds up super well, I really wish they would make a sequel. Probably my second favorite Rockstar game behind Red Dead Redemption. So I might end up finishing that too. The Trials Evolution DLC is supposed to be on sale tomorrow, I will most definitely be buying and playing that.

I also have Paper Mario, Crimson Shroud, and Crashmo I've been playing on the 3DS & Dokuro, Puddle, and P4 Golden on Vita.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By WickedFather

Girlfriend has bought me Crysis 2, AC Brotherhood and Wanted: Weapons of Fate so I'll probably knock out Wanted as I heared it's pish easy then do Crysis 2. I've got friends nagging me to get BlopsII but they don't seem to realise I like playing games with some sense of narrative or progress.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#41  Edited By jacksukeru

I'm going to occypy the TV early with some Warriors Orochi 3, then I'm going to play that until someone stops me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll play anything I get for Christmas over the break and try and finish Binary Domain before the game of the year pod casts spoil it for me.

I know for sure a relative of mine bought a box of old Snes and Genesis games they found at a pawn shop for me this Christmas! So I have some nostalgia to lovingly wade through.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By HerbieBug

nah,.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44  Edited By MocBucket62

Just get started of whatever games I think I got for Christmas.

Mister_Snig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mister_Snig

Every Thanksgiving and Christmas, my cousins and I play shitloads of Mario Kart, Call of Duty, and Soul Calibur. It's a tradition at this point. I'm also bringing Persona 4 Arena because one of my cousins got really into BlazBlue a while ago, and I'm wondering if he'd like that.

Avatar image for themaniacsgnome
TheManiacsGnome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TheManiacsGnome

Visiting the rents and will be throwing down the gauntlet in Dance Central 3.

Girlfriend got me Borderlands 2 and Dishonored for Christmas but they had to be left behind, no way am I lugging my personal 360 around ever again.

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#47  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

Too many. I'm off work until Jan 7 so I have a lot of free time.

Dishonored, Max Payne 3, Borderlands 2, Mass Effect 3 (still haven't finished it), Hitman: Absolution, Resident Evil: Revelations and 6 (I'd like to play it now that the fuss is a bit removed from the release), finish up X-Com, my second playthrough of Witcher 2, Nier, and tons of other games. Tons.

crush3x5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By crush3x5

I am off school until the 2nd week of January. So far I have beaten Max Payne 3, Far Cry 3, and Dishonored. I plan on finishing Sleeping Dogs, Bastion, Walking Dead Episodes 2-5, Bioshock 2, maybe Hitman Absolution, and then it will be one week pretty much until 2013 new releases start rolling in.

tescovee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By tescovee

Grabbed Dust on xbla, have been wanting to play that all year, and finishing off the halo 4 mp missions.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Rafaelfc

I'm on christmas/new years break until january 8th... wrapping up Metal Gear Solid 4 before the end of the year, after that i'm not sure.