• 69 results
#1 Edited by mordukai (7153 posts) -

Last night I bought the Double Fine pack from Steam so I can't wait to sink my teeth into Iron Brigade. I also hope that I will figure out the controls issues I'm having with Psychonauts because that's one gaming experience I don't want to miss due to technical problems. In all likelihood I will get another play through of Journey somewhere in there.

We also have friends coming over for a Cards Against Humanity night with the new holiday expansion pack.

What are your plans?

#2 Posted by Mijati (922 posts) -

Not much as the only extra day I have off is Christmas Day (and new years). Going to try and shove in as many things as possible this weekend, smaller games most likely just to get a better impression for games to put on my GOTY list but other than that nothing specifically planned.

#3 Posted by DoctorTran (1563 posts) -

Probably just dicking around with the ipad Mini I'm getting.

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@mordukai said:

I also hope that I will figure out the controls issues I'm having with Psychonauts because that's one gaming experience I don't want to miss due to technical problems.

If it's on the PC, get a gamepad. Trust me: it's much better with a gamepad.

#5 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I have until the 31st, I'm off from work for the longest time since well, before I started work. I intend to finish up Far Cry 3 tomorrow morning, then either work on my GOTY list or try and fit either XCOM or Dishonoured in before the end of the year. Because what I really want to do, is spend my time playing a few older games, spend some time on my SNES or N64.

#6 Posted by Slurpelve (612 posts) -

Probably finish Borderlands 2 and X-Com, play some Portal and buy Farcry 3.

#7 Posted by C0V3RT (1377 posts) -

I'm going to finish up Sleeping Dogs probably Monday. I've got an unopened copy of Far Cry 3 that's begging to be opened so I'll probably start that soon after. On Christmas itself, my family's requested me to bring over the Wii U (it was a huge hit at Thanksgiving) so I'll play some of that and know my family got me ZombiU so I'll probably play that this upcoming week too.

#8 Posted by UitDeToekomst (717 posts) -

I finished Dishonored and Forza Horizon (mostly) today and just started Spec Ops: The Line, which I should finish tomorrow (my understanding is that it is pretty short). So, that leaves me Monday and Tuesday before I have to go back to work. I'll probably try to fit in as much of Fez, Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Binary Domain as possible.

#9 Posted by Alibambam (32 posts) -

I'll be playing a bit of me old Dota 2, a game or two in the morning before I start my 2 full-fletched family dinners

#10 Posted by GunstarRed (5214 posts) -

I'm a few chapters into Max Payne 3 and I'm really enjoying that. I'm also probably going to play more of Zone of the Enders HD... and by more I mean not just play the Metal Gear Rising demo.

#11 Posted by JacDG (2127 posts) -

Need to finish Sleeping Dogs and then the DLC for it, I'll also try to get through Asura's Wrath, which I borrowed from a buddy.

#12 Posted by Redbullet685 (6047 posts) -

Gonna play myself some Far Cry 3.

#13 Posted by Empirepaintball (1393 posts) -

Lots and lots of exploring in Far Cry 3, then some NCAA Football (because I can) and Minecraft as well. That, and I'm gonna keep hitting Halo 4 multiplayer.

#14 Posted by jakob187 (21676 posts) -

About the only time I'll have to do any gaming is after 6pm on Christmas Eve. Depends on whether I stay at the store and play with whoever stays late or if I go home to play one of the multiple games I was gifted for the holidays.

Goddammit, there are too many games to play and nowhere near enough time for them!

#15 Posted by mosespippy (4211 posts) -

The minecraft server I use is going to set a wither boss loose on the world. That'll be fun. I'd like to play some co-op games (I'm thinking Borderlands or RE5) but my sister and her husband just had a baby so my usual co-op partners are rather busy.

#16 Posted by fisher81 (535 posts) -

Finish Far Cry 3 before Christmas so I can re-gift it to my brother.

#17 Posted by granderojo (1789 posts) -

Go play pool at a billiards hall because I'm a schmuck. Also I will have beat ME3 by Christmas day so there's that. FINALLY.

#18 Posted by rjayb89 (7724 posts) -

I'm gonna try to finish the second Phoenix Wright game and Asura's Wrath.

#19 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

Nothing. I work on Christmas and just got usual time off after. I don't really have any game I'm going crazy wanting to play ether. I'm hoping to start digging into my backlog and beat a game or two from there, but I just can't seem to get motivated to start anything since most of the games are very long RPGs that will take a lot of time investment.

#20 Posted by Demoskinos (14886 posts) -

Trying to just wait out these last couple of weeks until DmC. I need new releases! I might actually have to play my backlog and who wants to do that!

#21 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

im fairly confidant my big brother bought me XCOM, so ill probably play a bunch of that.

cus he called me last week "hey, do you have XCOM yet?" "nope" "ok im getting you that for xmas then."

pretty pumped for it actually.

#22 Posted by SaFt (385 posts) -

I'll probably just play some Shenmue and maybe try to start again on Wild Arms 3.

#23 Posted by medacris (662 posts) -
#24 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1808 posts) -

@crusader8463: I find it best to just jump headlong into a game. I did that with the Witcher and had a very enjoyable time, even if I didn't finish it.

#25 Posted by SMTDante89 (2582 posts) -

Play through some Mass Effect on the PS3, hopefully to finish it and get onto Mass Effect 2.

Originally finished both on the 360 but now that I don't have one, I'm going to finally finish the fight on the PS3, and play some of the multiplayer in ME3.

#26 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2418 posts) -

Not on Christmas day because I'll most likely be visiting family. After that though I intend to pick up and enjoy Far Cry 3.

#27 Posted by Butano (1741 posts) -

After Christmas, due to being away from my gaming desktop til then, I'll be spending my free time playing all the games I've wanted to play but never had time to beat due to school, so Dishonored, Spec Ops, Sleeping Dogs, and depending if XCOM gets a little lower on Steam, that. Also picked up Guild Wars 2, so I'll be wasting my life away with that :D

#28 Posted by fetchfox (1273 posts) -

I'm hoping to get the time to play (and finish!) The Walking Dead episodes. That's pretty much it, considering all I have is my laptop.

#29 Posted by villainy (561 posts) -

Finally finished Dragon Warrior VII last night. Starting into Growlanser 2 (Generations) today. Yes, I have a problem.

#30 Edited by living4theday258 (679 posts) -

Finish Torchlight 2 and chrono trigger again then ill proceed to fuck around with a few other games

#31 Posted by ThePickle (4184 posts) -

Late night FTL sesh is expected.

#32 Posted by believer258 (11949 posts) -

I want to finish Torchlight 2 and Dishonored, and I want to play more of Forza Horizon. Then, before Christmas break is over, I'm going to slip into some old shoes and play something classic from start to finish. Probably Metroid Prime.

#33 Posted by 49th (2766 posts) -

Not really, just started properly playing MGS3 HD. Man, that game is awesome.

#34 Edited by FancySoapsMan (5834 posts) -

-I need to finish Far Cry 3

-I bought myself a 3ds, Super Mario 3D Land, and Virtue's Last Reward. I'm probably going to buy Pushmo at some point as well.

-If Star Wars KOTOR 2 is part of a daily sale on Steam anytime, I'll probably get that too.

#35 Edited by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

Probably finish Borderlands 2 which is long as shit and hopefully play some Farcry 3

#36 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2227 posts) -

Well I'll be stuck at my sister's house this Christmas so I'll only be able to play in the morning and night but I will be playing the rest of Dead Space 2 during those times.

#37 Posted by smokeyd123 (330 posts) -

I have 3 days off the day after Christmas, so I'll be digging into some fighting games with a long time friend I haven't seen in forever, and some Link to the Past.

#38 Posted by Svenzon (720 posts) -

A co-worker is staying at my place on Christmas Day since we start work early on the 26th, so we'll put some hours into Halo 4 co-op while we're at it. Probably playing some Castle Crashers with my brother, sister and brother-in-law tomorrow.

#39 Posted by beard_of_zeus (1689 posts) -

Kinda all I am doing for my Christmas time off is playing games. I'm working on finishing Fall of Cybertron right now - which is super fun, High Moon did a great job.

I bought Fez when it was 1/2 off on XBLA earlier this week, so we'll see how far I go down that rabbit hole. I'm still in the basic platforming and puzzle solving stage, working on going from 16 to 32 cubes. They also had Bully on Games on Demand for $10, so I bought that, and have played a few hours so far. I beat it originally way back when it came out on the PS2, and it still actually holds up super well, I really wish they would make a sequel. Probably my second favorite Rockstar game behind Red Dead Redemption. So I might end up finishing that too. The Trials Evolution DLC is supposed to be on sale tomorrow, I will most definitely be buying and playing that.

I also have Paper Mario, Crimson Shroud, and Crashmo I've been playing on the 3DS & Dokuro, Puddle, and P4 Golden on Vita.

#40 Posted by WickedFather (1733 posts) -

Girlfriend has bought me Crysis 2, AC Brotherhood and Wanted: Weapons of Fate so I'll probably knock out Wanted as I heared it's pish easy then do Crysis 2. I've got friends nagging me to get BlopsII but they don't seem to realise I like playing games with some sense of narrative or progress.

#41 Posted by JackSukeru (5917 posts) -

I'm going to occypy the TV early with some Warriors Orochi 3, then I'm going to play that until someone stops me.

#42 Posted by TheRealMoot (387 posts) -

I'll play anything I get for Christmas over the break and try and finish Binary Domain before the game of the year pod casts spoil it for me.

I know for sure a relative of mine bought a box of old Snes and Genesis games they found at a pawn shop for me this Christmas! So I have some nostalgia to lovingly wade through.

#43 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

nah,.

#44 Posted by MocBucket62 (1234 posts) -

Just get started of whatever games I think I got for Christmas.

#45 Posted by Mister_Snig (599 posts) -

Every Thanksgiving and Christmas, my cousins and I play shitloads of Mario Kart, Call of Duty, and Soul Calibur. It's a tradition at this point. I'm also bringing Persona 4 Arena because one of my cousins got really into BlazBlue a while ago, and I'm wondering if he'd like that.

#46 Posted by TheManiacsGnome (270 posts) -

Visiting the rents and will be throwing down the gauntlet in Dance Central 3.

Girlfriend got me Borderlands 2 and Dishonored for Christmas but they had to be left behind, no way am I lugging my personal 360 around ever again.

#47 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (1005 posts) -

Too many. I'm off work until Jan 7 so I have a lot of free time.

Dishonored, Max Payne 3, Borderlands 2, Mass Effect 3 (still haven't finished it), Hitman: Absolution, Resident Evil: Revelations and 6 (I'd like to play it now that the fuss is a bit removed from the release), finish up X-Com, my second playthrough of Witcher 2, Nier, and tons of other games. Tons.

#48 Posted by crush3x5 (39 posts) -

I am off school until the 2nd week of January. So far I have beaten Max Payne 3, Far Cry 3, and Dishonored. I plan on finishing Sleeping Dogs, Bastion, Walking Dead Episodes 2-5, Bioshock 2, maybe Hitman Absolution, and then it will be one week pretty much until 2013 new releases start rolling in.

#49 Posted by tescovee (360 posts) -

Grabbed Dust on xbla, have been wanting to play that all year, and finishing off the halo 4 mp missions.

#50 Posted by Rafaelfc (1351 posts) -

I'm on christmas/new years break until january 8th... wrapping up Metal Gear Solid 4 before the end of the year, after that i'm not sure.