#1 Posted by d0x (131 posts) -

This is from the help page...

"

How Come You Don't Review Every Single Game That Comes Out? Are You Lazy?

Well, yeah, but the point is that Giant Bomb isn't interested in the fire-hose approach to video game coverage. Our editorial team is small and experienced, and our job is to highlight the stuff that we feel is significant, either to us on a personal level, or for video games at large. That's not everything, but it's still a lot. Though, we're not real big on sports games, so don't expect too much meaningful/informed Madden coverage."

I gotta say im glad.  I've never been a Madden fan myself, I always liked 2k more but thats not the point.  The point is anytime a sports game comes out most of the game sites and mags go on a frenzy hyping it up and then the reviews have recently always been... "Some old crap from last year with different bugs" 10/10!

The less sports insanity the better.  Disscuss.

#2 Posted by d0x (131 posts) -

I was going to edit it to make my part of the post easier to read but i cant so...sorry.

#3 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

I agree, sports games just are not worth the review. Sorry fans of this genre, but it feels like a waste of time since they are such a small staff tasked with reviewing so many games. I saw that too, glad you pointed it out to others.

#4 Posted by Aaron_G (1610 posts) -

I don't really care about Madden either... so it is good to hear I won't have to have that stuff bothering me. 

#5 Edited by Justaddwater (291 posts) -

I'm relieved, To be honest I'm sick of half of On The Spot being taken up by generic sports games, they're all the same to me.

I'm only interested in sports games that have explosions and boobies. In that order, an explosion of boobies if you will. EA, call me.

#6 Posted by bigpig33 (97 posts) -

why dose everyone have something against sports games other then the people that play them everyone elese hates them

#7 Posted by MasterSplinter (636 posts) -

I must admit I am a little saddened as I am HUGE sports fanatic. But for anyone else who shares my sentiment, I will post blogs and reviews about sports and sports games. Not that anyone really cares about what I have to say, but I am just putting it out there.

#8 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3089 posts) -

If a sports game does something new and revolutionary, I feel it does deserve a review. But if they give a Madden treatment and just update the roster and give a new move or two, then no review is needed.

#9 Posted by banksrob (1126 posts) -

i am English so i dont like or understand madden at all lol, ime all for soccer :P

#10 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -

Sounds good.

#11 Posted by Atlas (2428 posts) -

I still like sports games, but nothing interesting has happened to sports games in years, so it's right that they don't waste time covering it.

#12 Posted by killer_meatballs (460 posts) -

This doesn't really bother me.  I use to love Madden.   I bought it every year.    But last years version, for whatever reason, I  just couldn't get into.  It was actually strange for me NOT to play  it.

I don't think I'll be buying it this year, which I never thought I would say.
I think they have over-thought the franchise if that makes any sense.

Too many options.  

K.I.S.S     (keep it simple stupid!!!)
#13 Posted by toxicEnchiliada (330 posts) -

I couldn't respect them more for it

#14 Posted by Kenzo287 (722 posts) -

Madden's alright but there are so many other games that are better