Avatar image for killzonegamer84
Killzonegamer84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Killzonegamer84

Just to break even MS has to sell 2.5 million copies or whatever of GTA IV lost and damned expansion pack AND thats JUST TO BREAK EVEN.. Umm yea, i definitly dont see that happening, if MS is lucky they will sell in the neighborhood of 850k or so. If they want to make just a small profit they have to sell ATLEAST 3 million copies, sorry but not happening. What was MS thinking?

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By DragoonKain1687

Actually, they made the profit by having more GTA IV copies on the market, which means more consoles, which means more users and more street name. That was what they were looking for. Truth is, not many care for DLC.

Avatar image for killzonegamer84
Killzonegamer84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Killzonegamer84

yea but in actuality GTA IV moved ore PS3 consoles then it did 360 consoles, sure it might have sold more game copies on the 360 but that hefty 50 million MS paid out pretty much knocks it down

Edgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Edgar
DragoonKain1687 said:
"Actually, they made the profit by having more GTA IV copies on the market, which means more consoles, which means more users and more street name. That was what they were looking for. Truth is, not many care for DLC."
Agreed. The real reason for DLC was for Microsoft to persuade people to buy GTA IV on the 360 instead of the other platforms. Although I suppose this may have backfired due to GTA IV's less than expected, but still fairly stellar sales.
Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By DragoonKain1687
Killzonegamer84 said:
"yea but in actuality GTA IV moved ore PS3 consoles then it did 360 consoles, sure it might have sold more game copies on the 360 but that hefty 50 million MS paid out pretty much knocks it down"
Its an investment. And it worked. The thing is, changing name association. And considering the vast difference in units between both consoles, I guess that it worked fine.
Its like a game.
You say Mario, and think of Nintendo, you say Master Chief and you think of Microsoft, or you say Snake and think of Sony. They wanted to change the GTA-Sony association.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187
Killzonegamer84 said:
"yea but in actuality GTA IV moved ore PS3 consoles then it did 360 consoles, sure it might have sold more game copies on the 360 but that hefty 50 million MS paid out pretty much knocks it down"
......where did you get your numbers from?
X360 - 6.56m
PS3 - 5.18m
zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By zitosilva
jakob187 said:
"Killzonegamer84 said:
......where did you get your numbers from?
X360 - 6.56m
PS3 - 5.18m
"
I think that what he tried to say was that more Ps3 consoles were sold during the GTA IV launch compared to 360. It sold more on the 360 because more people already had the console, but it made more people buy ps3s at that time of the year than 360s. At least that's what I got.
StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By StaticFalconar
Killzonegamer84 said:
"Just to break even MS has to sell 2.5 million copies or whatever of GTA IV lost and damned expansion pack AND thats JUST TO BREAK EVEN.. Umm yea, i definitly dont see that happening, if MS is lucky they will sell in the neighborhood of 850k or so. If they want to make just a small profit they have to sell ATLEAST 3 million copies, sorry but not happening. What was MS thinking?"
MS was thinking of taking something away from Sony. It was to give fanbois of both sides to cry about. overall I still think it was worth it even if MS won't recover the money they spent. Think of spending that money as money spent on showing how bad Sony is for not doing the deal sooner and overall less consoles sold for Sony.
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Rowr

is this including the huge amount microsoft already gave them?

i doubt it.

Anyway. SOURCE?

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Gunner

and here I sit.. Looking at the PC version of GTAIV installed onto my hard drive, weeping.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Dude, it's gonna sell a grip of copies. GTAIV was like the fastest selling console game ever. In fact, I think The Lost and the Damned will break the record for best selling DLC.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By dsplayer1010
TheGreatGuero said:
"Dude, it's gonna sell a grip of copies. GTAIV was like the fastest selling console game ever. In fact, I think The Lost and the Damned will break the record for best selling DLC."
It's got a chance. What game has the record now?
Lieutenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Lieutenant
Killzonegamer84 said:
"Just to break even MS has to sell 2.5 million copies or whatever of GTA IV lost and damned expansion pack AND thats JUST TO BREAK EVEN.. Umm yea, i definitly dont see that happening, if MS is lucky they will sell in the neighborhood of 850k or so. If they want to make just a small profit they have to sell ATLEAST 3 million copies, sorry but not happening. What was MS thinking?"
First post summed it up. It's also not about lost money, it's about gaining market share and face value.
BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By BlackWaterCO

Sounds like a jealous fan

Whats wrong? you own shares of MS stock? if not then their business is none of your fuckin business

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By LiquidPrince

Sound possible I guess.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Rowr

Source?

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Systech

I would imagine that Rockstar and Microsoft are going to push this thing out more than any other piece they've advertised, so Rockstar will probably be fine.

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

Yeah, has any game ever gotten ads on TV for DLC? This might be a contender for a first.