#1 Posted by Minifig (136 posts) -

I came across this http://www.arcadebomb.com/ today.

Take a look at their logo.

Hmm.

#2 Posted by Three0neFive (2285 posts) -

Bombs with faces are hardly a new or GB-exclusive thing.

#3 Edited by Yummylee (21208 posts) -

You think that's bad?

Anywhoo, I'm pretty sure Giant Bomb doesn't own the rights to ''bomb with facial features''.

#4 Posted by Hailinel (23690 posts) -

I think there are enough differences in the logo that it doesn't really count as infringement. Giant Bomb didn't exactly invent the idea of the black ball-style cartoon bomb with a face.

#5 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

That's probably not close enough to matter. There's probably a Pokemon with that design haha

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (35841 posts) -

@hailinel said:

I think there are enough differences in the logo that it doesn't really count as infringement.

Still, somebody has to be brought to justice for that horrible web design. I REFUSE TO BELIEVE OTHERWISE.

#7 Edited by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -

@yummylee said:

You think that's bad?

Anywhoo, I'm pretty sure Giant Bomb doesn't own the rights to ''bomb with facial features''.

lol the featured articles or w/e are just all people making out. keeping it real as always, game bomb.

#8 Posted by Chaser324 (6264 posts) -

It doesn't really seem similar enough to be worth pursuing any action against them. GB doesn't have a complete lockdown on all anthropomorphic bombs or titles with the word "bomb".

#9 Edited by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

@ajayraz said:

@yummylee said:

You think that's bad?

lol the featured articles or w/e are just all people making out. keeping it real as always, game bomb.

I thought you'd be exaggerating, but no, that is indeed the website.

#10 Posted by Andorski (5178 posts) -

@yummylee said:

You think that's bad?

pfft... they're still using the old Whiskey design? They need to get up on this new CBSi shit.

#11 Posted by Krullban (1021 posts) -

Really? ... they're nothing alike.

#12 Posted by jArmAhead (171 posts) -

They don't really care anyway.

#13 Edited by Vuud (1943 posts) -

You mean Thaddeus G. Bombington the Giant Bomb bomb?

#14 Edited by Demoskinos (14523 posts) -

I love that the first thing you see right now when going to Gamebomb is a large picture of Sonya from Mortal Kombat in a white T-shirt with erect nipples. Hilarious.

#15 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

It looks like garbage compared to the real GB logo. If they had copied it, it would have been different. But I don't think they care about it in this case.

#16 Edited by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

"Hmm" what?

#17 Posted by Popogeejo (601 posts) -

Maybe if someone took the actual logo there'd be a problem but "anthropomorphic bomb" is not something you can really trademark. Think of it like Donald Duck. He, himself, is trademarked but that doesn't stop other ducks like Daffy from existing perfectly legally.

#18 Posted by CornBREDX (4756 posts) -

Arcadebomb has been around since 2005 or so.

So, they would win if there was any infringement- but there is not.

#19 Posted by jimmyfenix (3815 posts) -

@ajayraz said:

@yummylee said:

You think that's bad?

I thought you'd be exaggerating, but no, that is indeed the website.

I saw a comment on there which said "Go hang my self" good old google translate.

#20 Posted by Yummylee (21208 posts) -

I love that the first thing you see right now when going to Gamebomb is a large picture of Sonya from Mortal Kombat in a white T-shirt with erect nipples. Hilarious.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's SIE from Alpha Protocol. Gamebomb's videos are also still as equally hilarious and terrifying as ever.

#21 Edited by Demoskinos (14523 posts) -

@yummylee: Is it? Might be but I know Sonya does have an outfit close to that in MK vs DC

Edit: Actually, I was right. The nips were obviously photshopped in on the Gamebomb version.

#22 Edited by Yummylee (21208 posts) -

@demoskinos: lol perfect. Russian Gamesjournalism eez classiest Gamesjournalism.

#23 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

The pictures of Mario and Lara croft are probably more infringing.

#24 Edited by Krullban (1021 posts) -

Does anybody else find it funny that Game Bomb has more subscribers and views than GiantBomb?

#25 Posted by Ravelle (1169 posts) -

@krullban said:

Does anybody else find it funny that Game Bomb has more subscribers and views than GiantBomb?

That's probably because they're not personality based and don't have a bomb-crew, cover broader and thus attract more people.

Unless they're secretly a Shelby Ville or Bizarro version of the crew.

#26 Posted by Bollard (5206 posts) -
@yummylee said:

You think that's bad?

Why are all the pictures at the top there people making out? I've been to GameBomb before but jeez.

#27 Posted by Flacracker (1581 posts) -

@ravelle said:

@krullban said:

That's probably because they're not personality based and don't have a bomb-crew, cover broader and thus attract more people.

Unless they're secretly a Shelby Ville or Bizarro version of the crew.

The videos on the front page link directly to YouTube so there is that. On their actual site the videos don't get as many comments as Giant Bomb videos do.

#28 Posted by laserguy (432 posts) -

Does gamebomb have quicklooks?

#29 Posted by Flacracker (1581 posts) -

Also, here is GameBombs most popular videos on YouTube:

That should explain their viewer and subscriber numbers. This is just hilarious.

#30 Edited by Ravelle (1169 posts) -

That should explain their viewer and subscriber numbers. This is just hilarious.

Ha! Not surprising seeing how every feature is 3D models making out and the Beyond Two Souls feature in the right sidebar only featuring sex scenes.

#31 Posted by MikeJFlick (435 posts) -

GB's logo is hardly original to be honest and the reason for it is how simple it is, you can't trade mark a face on a bomb with a fuse no more than you can trade mark a happy face.

#32 Edited by Veektarius (4541 posts) -

@ravelle: And then there's the Rome 2 live action trailer amidst all that...

#33 Posted by Krullban (1021 posts) -

They would probably still have a lot. They seem to be the most well put together Russian video game site.(Since they just stole everything from GiantBomb) So I assume a lot of a Russians go there.

#35 Posted by LackingSaint (1764 posts) -

Blasto is owned by no man.

#36 Posted by Confirm4Crit (138 posts) -