#1 Posted by GnuStylo (23 posts) -

I have an overabundance of steam games that I need to catch up on but I am unsure of which to pursue at the moment. Figured I would submit my small dilemma to you, the wonderful public. The following are just the ones I have currently installed and I would appreciate peoples opinions on these games as well. Dunno just an idea I had.

Bastion

Batman: Arkham City

Bioshock Infinite

Deus Ex: HR

Braid

Fez

L.A. Noire

Mark of the Ninja

Warhammer 40k 2

Xcom: EU

#2 Posted by Nictel (2422 posts) -

Well that ain't easy, quite a diverse list. Depends if you want to 'finish them quickly' or just do what you feel like. They are all great games I think, I would say Bastion as I find it quite relaxing to play and it is something different. Deus Ex and Xcom are great if you have some more time to invest.

#3 Posted by StarFoxA (5158 posts) -

Start out with Bastion. It's only like five hours long, and it's pretty awesome.

#4 Posted by mjk0104 (205 posts) -

Well, that's a pretty great bunch of games there, my personal recommendation would be Arkham City or Mark of the Ninja. Both fantastic games with great gameplay, if you're looking for more story-based stuff, Deus Ex, Bioshock, or Bastion would probably be the best.

#5 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6230 posts) -

My vote goes to XCOM. I don't think you could go wrong with any of 'em.

#6 Posted by SunBroZak (1142 posts) -

Play X-COM on "ironman" mode, and every time you lose, play a different game as a break. Problem solved.

#7 Posted by Kidavenger (3570 posts) -

My favorite game on your list is Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but I'd wait until the new version comes out later this year, they may patch the steam version up at the same time.

So I'm going to vote for BioShock Infinite because it came out this year and you want to play it before all the game of the year podcasts/discussions.

#8 Posted by pyromagnestir (4324 posts) -

I'd say your top 4 should be XCOM, Bioshock, Braid, and Bastion, in some order.

#9 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

I'd say your top 4 should be XCOM, Bioshock, Braid, and Bastion, in some order.

and that order should be:

• Braid
    • Bastion
    • Bioshock
    • XCOM
#10 Posted by Butano (1741 posts) -

Definitely get Bioshock out of the way before the GOTY podcasts. It's definitely my GOTY so far, which is surprising because I didn't really enjoy the first one that much. Apart from that, I'd say go for Deus Ex, Arkham City and XCOM.

#11 Posted by vikingdeath1 (973 posts) -

I'm gonna vote for Mark of the Ninja as one of those games that might be completed more quickly.

lotta good games on that list, but for a longer experience i'd go Xcom or Bioshock. though any choice is valid here. have fun Duder!

#12 Posted by sarahsdad (1100 posts) -

Seconded that Bastion and mark of the Ninja are both pretty quick, and fun.

Also, I'm going to go out on a limb, and say don't worry about L.A. Noire. Maybe I'm just not a solving-mysteries sort of guy, but I found the interrogations to be too much hit-or-miss affair for me to have too much fun, and there wasn't really enough else to the game to keep me really entertained.

#13 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5595 posts) -

You definitely should start on Bastion and Mark of the Ninja. They're both pretty short and sweet experiences comparatively.

#14 Posted by BeachThunder (11995 posts) -

Braid.

#15 Posted by YI_Orange (1151 posts) -

Bastion. It's easily the best game of all of those.

Then X-COM, then whatever you want.