So I am thinking about getting a PS3 , BUT.....

Nightmarerec0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nightmarerec0n

I keep questioning myself because I already own a Xbox 360 and a Wii.

One huge point of me buying it is for a Blu-Ray player, which the PS3 is the best of, others with same features cost roughly $150 or so, I already have some Blu-Rays too.
Another is the exclusives,MGS4,Uncharted,God of War,Heavy Rain....another plus.

But then I think, I already can play like 75% of games on PS3 on my Xbox 360, and having only one prevents the question of what system to get a game on. 

If the money doesn't go to a PS3, it goes to a gaming PC/    What does everyone think?     

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By bed

get a PS3. the exclusives are awesome, the blu ray player is great, and plus you can play with me :).  

plus, it's a great media system. you can set up a media server so you play all your music wireless from your computer, on your PS3. they have that on the 360, but I prefer the PS3 media server.  

also, you'll be owning all 3 consoles, and you'll be able to play with, say, me! :D 

FartyMcNarly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FartyMcNarly

That depends what your computer is like now. If it runs most games (even if they're ugly) then I'd get a PS3 but if it's a pile that barely works then I'd go for the new computer.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Diamond

There's a lot of game overlap between platforms these days.  Just like 360 is worth it, so is PS3 for the exclusives.

While you'll have to decide which platform to buy multiplat titles on, now you'll at least be able to make that choice.

You couldn't get a decent gaming PC for the cost of a PS3, and I assume cost is a barrier if you have to choose one or the other.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By Icemael

I asked myself the exact same question two days ago. I decided to get the PS3, and I don't regret it at all.

So stop pondering and... just do it.

ToadRunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ToadRunner

i would recommend getting a ps3 over a new pc. considering you have the money and you like blu ray, its totally worth it.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By zombie2011

If you have enough time and money to play all these games go for it. 

I had all 3 systems, but i ended up selling my PS3 because i didn't have enough time to play all the 360 games i wanted to let alone the PS3 games.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By penguindust

Unless you have Netflix or have access to a steady supply of Blu-Ray movies, I wouldn't worry too much about that feature.  It's great I admit, but if I didn't have a subscription to Netflix and buying BDs was my only other option, I'd rarely use it.  Having said that, the player itself does a superior job of up-scaling standard DVDs.

If you are considering a PS3, get it for the games.  The games are great and they should be your first priority.  I use it as a media player all the time since it's quieter than my 360, but the games are the reason to own one. 

Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Cazamalos

i brought my day one ps3 slim while i was waiting my 360 to get fixed , i tell to myself "i will only use the blu ray player" but woah playing all the last years exclusives and this year exclusives i barely touch the 360 :(

but if you want some pc gaming hardware, just wait because i think that i7 cores and ddr3 ram are still overpriced

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By agentboolen

Ditto!!! I have been thinking about using my Best Buy x-mas cards towards a PS3 but since I own a 360 & Wii I have been asking myself if I need that bad also. Only reason towards getting one for me is getting Blue Rays from Netflix... I'm still very borderline on getting one though. $300 buys a lot of 360 games... And maybe 1 good wii game lol.

morningdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By morningdrive

buy the PS3 you wont regret it. The 360 is cool but you are missing out on alot of great games that have come out for the PS3 on top of the ones that you mentioned. if you get it add me and we can play online!