So i built my first gaming pc and i need recommendations

johnbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By johnbon

For the last year i have been fantasizing about building a gaming pc because my xbox was getting liver spots and i hardly used it because well lets be honest a lot of the games look like garbage in comparison to their pc counter parts. So I eventually got around to doing it...it was kinda terrifying because i didn't really know what i was doing or what components to look for or even how to build it but with the help of Google and YouTube i got there in the end. I went with a i5 3570k, Sapphire HD 7970 OC, 8gb ram yada yada yada...Everything is working amazingly it runs most games on ultra settings. I feel like there's an ocean of games out there to try but i have no idea where to start, that's where you guys come in. I have the shiny new pc next to the tv so i got the 360 controller connected and ready to go. Recommendations

GO!!!

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#2  Edited By Slag

maybe a bit more background on what kind of games you like might help?

johnbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like a bit of everything, i guess im looking for pc specific games with controller support.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By PillClinton

Sounds like you're looking for couch games. So, cross-plat stuff. Here. You're just in time for Amazon's May thing. Go forth and spend not all that much on a lot of game. Enjoy.

johnbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By johnbon

@pillclinton: Holy shit there's some great deals there but unfortunately I am from Ireland so i cant buy games on Amazon. Well not the US Amazon anyways.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnbon: Since it's all digital, and basically just spits out Steam codes, I think you may be able to with a faked US address account. I think some people here did that. Maybe they'll chime in.

johnbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pillclinton: YES it does work, i just got The Walking Dead I've been meaning to check it out, thank you sir.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#8  Edited By audioBusting

Metro 2033 and Last Light are good benchmarks, and good games too! They're not really gamepad games, but I think Last Light improved on that (haven't personally played it yet). A more gamepad-friendly good high-end PC game is Sleeping Dogs.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Sleeping Dogs should be high on your priority list. Skyrim can look downright amazing if you're willing to put in a bit of time on modding it.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I don't really have a game in mind, but in the Steam advanced search there's an option to filter by controller support. Could just browse through that and see if anything pops out at you.

I'm on the mobile site, but here's a link to full controller support games...? :

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_4_4__12&term=#category1=998&os=win&category2=28&advanced=0&sort_order=ASC&page=1

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By McShank

I dont always recommend using the controller on pc games as sometimes you find the kb/m set up better, but none the less I use my ps3 controller alot more then I realize.

Some good PC games I have found to be fun with controllers are -

• Dustforce *controller is Great here*
  • Meatboy *controller is needed here, And if you already own it why not own it a second time?*
  • Cavestory +

And some games I just rather have on PC then console -

• borderlands 1 & 2
  • Cs:Go
  • Anno 2070 *way better then sim City*
  • Batman Arkham *1 & 2*
  • Divinity 2 Dragon Knight Saga

Or just pick a game on steam. They are all great. I love all games since I got my PC built and I hope you will to. Some games are still better played on console as I just prefer them vs the kb/m setup and multiplayer but meh.

Good site to check out also besides Amazon and steam is http://www.greenmangaming.com/. Sales all the time and also you can stack the usual 20% off coupons that they always have ontop of the sales to lower them more. Just make sure your bank knows who your buying from as Usbank has declined my card many times until I call and remind them who they are.

McTangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By McTangle

For $5 you'd be crazy to miss Company of Heroes. Also, Company of Heroes 2.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll just name off some pc exclusives and multiplatform games that I prefer on PC. Some of them will probably be pretty obvious, but I don't know what you have or haven't played.

• Sleeping Dogs
  • Amnesia: Dark Descent
  • Skyrim
  • Borderlands 1 & 2
  • Witcher 1 & 2
  • Civilization IV & V
  • Bastion
  • Dragon Age Origins
  • XCOM
  • Starcraft 2
  • Diablo 3
  • Deus Ex HR
  • Mass Effect Trilogy
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Trackmania Stadium works well with the controller (some UI issues aside) and is a good PC exclusive. Great way to waste 10 minutes to a couple of hours.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If your like me, sales will dictate a lot of your library cuz games are tooo cheap

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The Steam summer sales aren't too far away. I'd recommend saving up some money for that. You'll likely come away from that with more games than you're ever going to be able to play through.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By JJWeatherman

The Witcher 2! Of course you may want to catch up with the first beforehand.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wintersnowblind: Damn, that's true, and it seems like we just had all the holiday sales. Too soon for my backlog. Too much.