#1 Edited by latros (81 posts) -

And when I get a console, especially this late in the consoles life, I want to make 100% sure I am not missing the "good" games of the console.  
Would you guys mind recommending any games that I missed on this list? 

EDIT: Before you reply: HATE sports games... and FUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK no Splinter Cell on the PS3? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 

DONT HAVE, NEED TO GET:
God of War Collection
LittleBigPlanet 2
Heavy Rain
Vanquish
Castle Crashes
MGS4
Singularity
Red Dead Redemption
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Heavy Rain
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Batman: Arkham Asylum
inFamous
F.E.A.R. 2
Bayonetta (can't believe I forgot about this one, it would have been on my starting lineup!)  
Demon's Souls (ALSO forgot about this one, fuck my life) 
Dead Space 2 
Just Cause 2
Valkyria Chronicles 
RATCHET AND CLANK SERIES!  
Enslaved 
Prince of Persia
Castlevania: Lords of Shadows 
Flower 
Pixeljunk Eden/Shooter 
Wipeout HD 
Scott Pilgrim 
Shatter 
Costume Quest 
Bionic Commando Rearmed 
Pacman Championship Edition DX 
After Burner Climax 
Echochrome 
Earthworm Jim HD (lol I remember this dude) 
Trash Panic 

HAVE:
Bad Company 2
3D Dot Game Heroes
God of War 3
Uncharted 1
Uncharted 2
Brutal Legend
Killzone 2
Resistance 1 
Oblivion (played to death on the PC, 100% willing to play it again on the pretty HDMI PS3)  
Darksiders

ALREADY PLAYED ON PC: 
Mass Effect 1 + 2 
Assassin's Creed 1 + 2 (I think I'm assassin's creeded-out, despite the favorable reviews for brotherhood) 
Fallout 3 / New Vegas 
Dead Space 1  
Red Faction: Guerilla 
Rainbow Six Series 
BioShock 1 + 2    

#2 Posted by Fallen189 (5033 posts) -

Valkyria Chronicles

#3 Posted by dagas (2865 posts) -

Just don't make the mistake of buying so many games that you don't know which ones to play and most of them end up not being played. Buy one or two games and then make sure to play them before you buy new ones. I made the mistake of getting pretty much every JRPG for the PS2 at once because I bought it late and most of them are still not played.

#4 Posted by ESREVER (2700 posts) -
@Fallen189 said:
" Valkyria Chronicles "
Damnit, beat me to it. Now I can't remember anything else to recommend :( 
There's a ton out there though, so better get started. 

I'm sure someone will post a link to the thread with the list that contains the recommended PS3 games. 
Enjoy your new baby.
#5 Posted by latros (81 posts) -
@Fallen189 said:
" Valkyria Chronicles "
I looked into it and I'm not a huge fan of this kind of game, but appreciate the recommendation nevertheless :)
#6 Edited by EndlessObsidian (477 posts) -

Mass Effect 2 
ES IV: Oblivion 
Fallout 3 / New Vegas  

You must really want Infamous lol 
also, pretty sure SC: Conviction is 360 only.

#7 Posted by Fallen189 (5033 posts) -
@latros said:
" @Fallen189 said:
" Valkyria Chronicles "
I looked into it and I'm not a huge fan of this kind of game, but appreciate the recommendation nevertheless :) "
Great list here 

I've used it a lot, some real bangers!
#8 Posted by latros (81 posts) -
@dagas said:
" Just don't make the mistake of buying so many games that you don't know which ones to play and most of them end up not being played. Buy one or two games and then make sure to play them before you buy new ones. I made the mistake of getting pretty much every JRPG for the PS2 at once because I bought it late and most of them are still not played. "
I did indeed make this mistake given by the ~7 games I bought lol.... but I'm making sure I only play TWO at a time (Bad Company 2, Uncharted 1 right now) before I open another. And play them to completion!
#9 Edited by D0tti (786 posts) -

Bayonetta? As far as I know they fixed the problems the PS3 version had, at least a friend off mine bought it last year and he said he had no problems with it. And if you haven't played them yet, maybe Ass Creed 1 & 2.

#10 Posted by BigLemon (1022 posts) -
@latros:  I will sell you my copy of Heavy Rain for $30
#11 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

Demon's Souls

#12 Posted by litrock (173 posts) -

Also add Braid, Flower, Pixeljunk Eden/Shooter, Wipeout HD, Scott Pilgrim, Shatter, Costume Quest, Bionic Commando Rearmed, Pacman Championship Edition DX, After Burner Climax, Echochrome, off the top of my head. Downloadable games represent.

#13 Edited by Elbon (368 posts) -
@EndlessObsidian said:

" Mass Effect 2 ES IV: Oblivion Fallout 3 / New Vegas    "

Don't, get them on the PC if you can especially Oblivion and fallout those game were made for the pc and that where they should be played.
#14 Edited by EndlessObsidian (477 posts) -
@Elbon:  Just going on the information that was provided, nothing indicated that he had a gaming PC. Thanks for correcting me though. 
#15 Posted by gamb1t (965 posts) -

Earth worm jim HDd

#16 Posted by D0tti (786 posts) -

Alpha Protocol, Just Cause 2, Resident Evil 5, Dead Space 1 & 2, NBA2k11 and NHL 11.

#17 Posted by latros (81 posts) -
@D0tti said:
" Alpha Protocol, Just Cause 2, Resident Evil 5, Dead Space 1 & 2, NBA2k11 and NHL 11. "
HATE sports games 
Too avid of a fan of the GOOD espionage series (splinter cell) to take Alpha Protocol seriously 
Have Dead Space 1 on PC, forgot about Dead Space 2, thanks!
#18 Posted by lead_farmer (1041 posts) -

3D Dot Game Heroes is a good buy.  The list you have isn't bad and somebody already put Valkyria Chronicles (a must-own).  The Ratchet and clank games are pretty good, though I haven't played the latest one. 

Also, try Trash Panic. I think it's 5 bucks and is actually pretty fun.

#19 Posted by latros (81 posts) -
@lead_farmer said:
" 3D Dot Game Heroes is a good buy.  The list you have isn't bad and somebody already put Valkyria Chronicles (a must-own).  The Ratchet and clank games are pretty good, though I haven't played the latest one.  Also, try Trash Panic. I think it's 5 bucks and is actually pretty fun. "
TOTALLY forgot about fucking RATCHET AND CLANK! 

And hell, I kind of shrugged it off but if SO many of you insist Valkyria Chronicles is that good I may have to get it.
#20 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I didn't see Darksiders on your list. I would recommend that.

#21 Posted by SSully (4231 posts) -

Enslaved is a pretty good game, and you can get it for cheap too.  

I highly recommended the Prince of Persia reboot. It had good reviews, but many complained it went to far away from the original series. Personally, it is one of my favorite games on the ps3.  

Besides those two, You have quite a collection in the making. Enjoy.

#22 Posted by Andheez (586 posts) -
@latros: 

Bioshock
#23 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

you pretty much have all of the great games on there. i know you said no sports but maybe gran turismo 5. it's a racing game, some people say it's a sport....

#24 Posted by Gruff182 (862 posts) -

Hey. I recommend Heavenly Sword. The game seems to get a lot of crap for a few things it got wrong, but theres also soo much that it got right. Such as a story telling and the best female protagonist, well, ever.

Also from a long term PC gamer I think you made a good choice going with the PS3 as a first console of the generation, the exclusives alone make it superior imo(I still love my 360 btw). 

Though, i'm not sure what your expection from a HDMI version of Oblivion, it still doesn't look as pretty as the PC version, but then, if it gives you another reason just to play the game, then why not.

#25 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

#26 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

Well, the good thing is that the Splinter Cell collection is going to be released on the PS3. So, you can add that to your list when it's released.