So I just threw my first controller...

Elerigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Elerigo

... Due to the stand off mini game in in Red Dead Redemption. I feel like it is just random if John wants to shoot, even if i just hammer on the R2 trigger i got mad enough to trow my controller into the other couch hard enough to bound back and hit the floor with a loud thump still not sure if it works; it will be a bit before i go back to it

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By zeforgotten

I kinda hope it's broken, that would be so great :D

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By demonbear

I have thrown many NES controllers in my days because there were games that gave you a great reason to do so. But RDR minigames aint one of em. Seek help.

UncleDisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By UncleDisco
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By xyzygy

The last controller I threw was at my cousins TV when we were kids. It was a Genesis controller, and he pushed me into the corner in Eternal Champions using Jetta. I wasn't used to fighting games back then and he wouldn't let me out so I threw it and his mom, my aunt, got mad at me. 

I was probably using Xavier.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Animasta

never thrown a controller.

I have dropped them countless times, i'm super clumsy.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I kept throwing my six axis before because it's light. Now I have a dual shock 3, I never throw it because it's too heavy and can really damage stuff.

sixtey7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By sixtey7

I've never thrown a controller, I have slammed a few mice down hard on the desk through... 

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By AhmadMetallic

too expensive to throw, im afraid ! 

Elerigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Elerigo
@FlemmingM: Thank you, i never considered that.
irishjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By irishjohn

The last time I threw a controller was in a game of NHL 96. We were playing in 2002, though. I was pretty embarrassed. That I threw the controller, not that I was playing NHL 96.

aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By aaox

I've never thrown a controller. I used to get pieces of paper and rip them up. One time I ripped up a sock. I was very angry that time.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Godwind

I've never threw a controller before.   I am so well discplined.
234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By 234r2we232

Next time, you should punt it.

MartinG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MartinG

Crushed the left mouse button many years ago, never thrown a controller. If I were to throw a controller, I think I would go on a rampage and destroy something more because if I am pushed over the edge, I AM pushed over the edge.
It is really dangerous nowadays because without the cord, the only thing that restricts the air time of the controller, is your strength.
Ah! Just remembered that I made a huge dent in my computer case once, but I was drunk so that kinda doesn't count.

MartinG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MartinG

Poor cat, not to make you feel bad but still :(
 BTW, that six-axis thing was awfully light, do they still make those? They felt clean and modern since they were so light :-)

I am so f-ed up right now, sick and on medication, everything is spinning and twirling, and here I am posting on message boards :-)

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By demonbear
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

I kept throwing my six axis before because it's light. Now I have a dual shock 3, I never throw it because it's too heavy and can really damage stuff.

"
I heard Dualshock 3 controllers are all atheists!

J/K man ;)
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By Branthog
@Atomasist said:
" I once threw my controller so hard I killed my cat, I still feel terrible to this day.  "
Wow, I was going to post in this thread until that post bummed me the fuck out. Damn. :(
FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By FreakAche

I have never thrown a controller. I do however, do this thing where when I get angry I sort of slam the controller against my leg slightly. I'm not describing it well, because it's less painful than it sounds. In one of my 360 controllers, I've caused the battery connection to come loose by doing this, and it doesn't always work properly.

The_Boots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By The_Boots
@FreakAche:
Yeah, I know what you're talking about. I do stuff like that, too. I slam the controller down on my leg or the couch. Carefully. I think most of my controller slamming was before giving up on FFX's abysmal mini games.
Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Demyx

I don't think I've ever thrown a controller before.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#23  Edited By SMTDante89

If I ever throw a controller, it's onto a soft bed.  Rarely does it bounce off and hit the floor (if ever)
sixtey7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sixtey7
@FreakAche: I do slam my controller against my leg and its as painful as it sounds once in a while... 

slamming it against the couch is the way to go though, then you can slam it as hard as you want w\o any pain\ damage to controller
hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By hockeymask27
@Sixtey7 said:
" I've never thrown a controller, I have slammed a few mice down hard on the desk through...  "
I do the same but on my lap or bed. One time I hit myself in the nuts it really hurt.
PS3RG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By PS3RG

I have accidentally dropped a few controllers over my gaming years but I have not and will never purposefully throw one. They cost too god damn much.

NakAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By NakAttack

never threw a controller. have broke a game disc out of pure anger though.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#28  Edited By natetodamax
@Elerigo: If you draw your pistol before the other person and queue up one shot to the head, you basically win automatically. Same goes for the gun. If you shoot the gun out of their hand, it's a victory.
lgehring1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lgehring1

I threw a controller once because of MW2, aimed for the bed, but missed. The right bumber is stuck now, had to buy a new one :(

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By Lunar_Aura

I've punched my 360 controller until my knuckles bled on it. I don't remember which game I was playing at the time. Blood doesn't go well with white 360 controllers. 

Edit: Oh I remmeber now it was Guilty Gear XX#Reload with the dpad because it lacks analog support and I lack anger mgmt.
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MikkaQ

Street Fighter 4 gave my PS3 controller a good scuffing, and that was just on AI characters. 
I've broken an Xbox controller with Need for Speed Underground, and I've broken a 360 controller doing... I don't even know.  
Luckily I've stopped doing things like that, so I can laugh about it. 

The worst and funniest thing I've broken in nerd-rage though was my USB wifi adaptor for my PC. It just wouldn't connect to the wifi, and it was always fucking up, so one day I grabbed it and whipped it out an open window. I bought a new one a few days later, and it worked better than the other one ever did. 

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HandsomeDead

My friend broke a controller this Summer due to being stuck at match point for over an hour with a guy on Xbox LIVE. Of all the games to break a pad too, he picks that one.

CoffeeBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CoffeeBob

I have broken a cheap Joytech Dreamcast controller and a Game Boy Advance with my forehead. I used to be a real angry kid when it came to infuriating video game moments (for instance; Biolizard in Sonic Adventure 2.) 
That was many years ago though, I've changed like completely since then. I'm glad I did too, shit, when I think about it, I must've been really annoying back then. Yay for growing up!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#34  Edited By Yummylee

Congratz.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23
deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Elerigo: wait for the reticle to be white.

Just dont jam the trigger, just wait. 

Seriously its not that hard
Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By Cazamalos

the first and only time i threw my controller, was trying to finish the Tali's mission on nightmare mode in mass effect 2, my party members couldn't stop getting killed every 30 seconds, i used all my medi-gel on the first  5 minutes then got my ass raped, i raged; i raged hard and threw the controller against a wall

Ronald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#37  Edited By Ronald

When I was young I would pound NES controllers into couches or whatever, or just hit them. Mainly, I just drop controllers out of frustration. Sometimes, this ends up with me team killing someone because the controller just happens to land triggers down and my gun starts firing, which then just makes me shake my head in disbelief.