#1 Edited by vegetashonor (567 posts) -

I was on Reddit earlier today when I saw a video entitled, "A dull YouTube pronunciation guide is turning into something extremely creepy." Well, me being the extreme nerd that I am, I IMMEDIATELY heard the voice and said, "THAT'S GREG KASAVIN!!!" My question to you is, what do you think? I am about 95% sure, but as with anything, there is room for error.

I posted within the comments about it and stated my opinion, and I even posted a link of an interview with Greg for comparison. My Reddit username is Donttrustthechef, and I am hoping to get somewhere with this and uncover more. I kinda hope it is him. I'm curious to know more.

Thanks Duders!

#2 Edited by TheHT (10933 posts) -

I get why you'd think so, but listening to more I doubt it. It's similar in some ways, but dissimilar enough in others that I don't think it's him.

Listen to 57, 60, and 74.

#3 Posted by BasketSnake (1171 posts) -

#4 Posted by 49th (2697 posts) -
#5 Edited by vegetashonor (567 posts) -

You would get why I think so though, yeah?

#6 Posted by SirThirdFilms (167 posts) -

I'm right there with you, when I heard about that page and listened to it my first thought was "Is that...Greg?"

#7 Posted by Sanity (1896 posts) -

Eh, i dont think it sounds exactly like him, it sounds a bit lower then him. But the weird double meanings to all of this is cool.

#8 Edited by wjb (1645 posts) -

So I've been thinking about this for a while -- never cared to look into it -- but is pronunciationbook supposed to pronounce most words wrong as a joke to fuck with people, or do people really just not know how to properly pronounce certain words? I'm assuming the latter?

Don't know much about the channel.

#9 Edited by Nitrocore (369 posts) -

Something is going to happen every single day......

#10 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

#11 Edited by Hunter5024 (5555 posts) -

They have similar voices but that's not him.

#12 Posted by jimmyfenix (3837 posts) -

Its greg kasavin alright.