• 78 results
#1 Posted by big_jon (5660 posts) -

Here

What do you guys think, yay of nay? I was thinking purple.

#2 Edited by TheHT (10294 posts) -

Wait, did some random dude put Ryan on a shirt? He's also selling @buzz_clik's BioForge art on a shirt and @liquidprince's police sketch Jeff art on a shirt.

Y'all cool with that?

#3 Posted by tsutohiro (346 posts) -

I know you're good ppl and I hate to narc, (especially given the context), but ehhh...

#4 Posted by TheBrainninja (167 posts) -

@theht: Oh jeez, I hadn't scrolled far enough to see those. That all seems...weird. And the Psychonauts box art shirt too. I'm no expert lawyer man, but none of that seems super kosher.

#5 Posted by jking47 (1191 posts) -

Also what looks like the Psychonauts box art just pasted on a shirt. Classy.

#6 Posted by katimanic (86 posts) -

Gross

#7 Posted by Zaccheus (1770 posts) -

Yeah... Profiting from other peoples work, not cool.

#8 Posted by LiquidPrince (15620 posts) -

@theht said:

Wait, did some random dude put Ryan on a shirt? He's also selling @buzz_clik's BioForge art on a shirt and @liquidprince's police sketch Jeff art on a shirt.

Y'all cool with that?

Not really... Mostly since no one actually asked me...

#9 Posted by Clonedzero (3742 posts) -

Thats fucking disgusting.

#10 Posted by Bumpton (428 posts) -

HOW DO WE TELL THAT DUDE TO GO FUCK HIMSELF?

p.s.: @big_jon, don't buy a damn thing from that dude.

#11 Posted by punkxblaze (2879 posts) -

I think this is super not okay. Someone should get in touch with the legal team or some shit.

@rorie?

#12 Posted by ShaggE (5992 posts) -

Hey, uhh, shirt guy? That thing you're doing? Stop that. Stop that thing you're doing. Bad shirt guy.

#13 Edited by afabs515 (844 posts) -

My favorite is the one that looks like a really shitty crop of Reggie. Looks totally natural on the shirt. This guy fucking sucks.

#14 Posted by Clonedzero (3742 posts) -

Oh christ he has bioforge shirts for sale?

Fuck this guy. @rorie should check this out, cus it can't be legit.

#15 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6375 posts) -

Uhhhhhh.......dude.......yeah.

#16 Posted by probablytuna (3446 posts) -

^What others have said already.

Also I don't think that's a very good shirt design.

#17 Posted by TruthTellah (7674 posts) -

That's messed up. I do think it would be cool if some of these -could- become approved shirts(like Jeff and Bioforge), but this guy's "portfolio" is not something I would support in the least.

#18 Posted by Funman (51 posts) -

I dunno guys, while It does seem a bit exploitative. I think Ryan would be totally psyched to be on a dumb bootleg-ass shirt.

#19 Posted by MariachiMacabre (6939 posts) -

@funman said:

I dunno guys, while It does seem a bit exploitative. I think Ryan would be totally psyched to be on a dumb bootleg-ass shirt.

I think, at this point, people are more concerned about how the guy is profiting off of @buzz_clik's work without, we assume, any permission.

#20 Posted by Garfield518 (391 posts) -

His profile says this:

"I claim no ownership of any item on this profile, all images and text are copyright to specific parties or various entities. The items have all been declared available to sell as fair use under U.S. copyright law as it is noncommercial and transformative in nature, uses no more of the original than necessary, and has no negative effect on the market for the original work. If you claim copyright on any of these items, please message me and I shall remove them immediately. Thank you."

#21 Posted by PandaBear (1264 posts) -

His profile says this:

"I claim no ownership of any item on this profile, all images and text are copyright to specific parties or various entities. The items have all been declared available to sell as fair use under U.S. copyright law as it is noncommercial and transformative in nature, uses no more of the original than necessary, and has no negative effect on the market for the original work. If you claim copyright on any of these items, please message me and I shall remove them immediately. Thank you."

Sounds like he's some kind of legal expert by day and a purveyor of boot-leg T-shirts by night.

#22 Edited by Inkerman (1448 posts) -

@pandabear said:

@garfield518 said:

His profile says this:

Sounds like he's some kind of legal expert by day and a purveyor of boot-leg T-shirts by night.

Yeah, I actually remember a case like this from law school, where a picture of a boat had been flipped horizontally and then put on a t-shirt, and the Court found that the was no infringement specifically because it was 'sufficiently transformative'. IIRC the colours had been changed as well, so that's a bit different, but.......the dude might be 'legally' in the clear (copyright law is super fucked up right now). Still super shitty.

#23 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

If you really wanna be that guy then go ahead and buy the shirt.
I'm not supporting him though no matter how much he pretends it's "fair use"

#24 Edited by BBAlpert (1263 posts) -

@buzz_clik and @liquidprince I'm sure you've already seen it, but just in case you didn't, the site does have a channel for reporting IP infringement. Based on what @inkerman said about that boat shirt case, the Ryan shirt might be legally clear (though still scummy as fuck), but the Jeff and BioForge shirts look like they're straight unedited copies.

#25 Posted by Pezen (1471 posts) -

That's fucked up. I wouldn't do that. Credit where credit is due and all that jazz.

#26 Edited by SharkEthic (945 posts) -

Wow, yeah, don't support that shit.

#27 Posted by Patman99 (1545 posts) -

Yeah, I agree with everyone else in this thread. Don't support that guy. Regardless of what US copyright laws may state, he is clearly taking someone else's design and making money off it. Not cool in my books.

Also, the Ryan Davis shirt isn't even that nice looking. Your better off holding on to your dollars in hopes of a new Giant Bomb sanctioned t-shirt.

#28 Posted by Little_Socrates (5650 posts) -

Yeah, I don't intend to support that guy without an all-clear from our boys who created beautiful art.

That said, I do really want that police sketch shirt, so if we ever find a way to make a shirt of that where @liquidprince is in on it, I'm in on it.

#29 Posted by geirr (2386 posts) -

Shady stuff aside, the designs of these shirts are terrible.

#30 Edited by Canteu (2814 posts) -

Cease and Desist, motherfucker!

#31 Posted by ShaggE (5992 posts) -

Thinking about bootleg GB shirts some more, I now really want a gamebomb.ru shirt.

#32 Posted by SomeguyJohnson (28 posts) -

You can always just report the guy to redbubble here.

#33 Posted by Ghostiet (5153 posts) -

@shagge said:

Thinking about bootleg GB shirts some more, I now really want a gamebomb.ru shirt.

That's one we can make without feeling morally compromised.

#34 Posted by Rorie (2104 posts) -

Yeah, that's pretty fucking gross. I'll see if CBS legal can do anything about this.

Staff
#35 Edited by Forcen (1769 posts) -

Don't contact him as he wants, just do the DMCA thing.

#36 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Red Bubble is garbage by the way.

#37 Posted by Rorie (2104 posts) -

Anyone know the original source of Ryan on that shirt?

Staff
#38 Posted by PimblyCharles (1134 posts) -

Wow that's an ugly shirt design, and don't think it's cool some duder/dudette is profiting off this stuff

#39 Posted by Slag (3365 posts) -
#40 Edited by AlwaysBeClothing (1424 posts) -

@rorie: I want to say its one of the later I Love Mondays based on this green screen behind him when they were still doing produced ones, as opposed to freeform camera is rolling in the office ones.

Edit: actually maybe its TANG or WUTANG, aka I have no idea and am not helping.

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/2/25523/2509302-1964395-ryan.png

#41 Posted by ttocs (754 posts) -
#42 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@slag: @alwaysbeclothing: Yup, that's the one.
going over it with a keen eye (or hell, with closed eyes and only a guide dog as your friend, it's pretty obviously that one)

#43 Posted by Slag (3365 posts) -

@ttocs said:

it's close, but not quite. Looks like more teeth are showing in the shirt picture. Are there others from around that same time?

I think that's his tongue just washed out to white. I'm not an expert though. I didn't see other shots from the same take.

#44 Edited by ttocs (754 posts) -

@slag said:

@ttocs said:

it's close, but not quite. Looks like more teeth are showing in the shirt picture. Are there others from around that same time?

I think that's his tongue just washed out to white. I'm not an expert though. I didn't see other shots from the same take.

Yeah, I think you're right. We may have a winner.

#45 Posted by MX (219 posts) -

hmm, I used to have that spongebob image as an avatar on this site, wonder if that's were he got it from. Still this seems pretty sketchy copyright or not.

#46 Posted by Skooky (473 posts) -

Yeah?

#47 Posted by BrianP (348 posts) -

How on earth is this non commercial?

#48 Posted by Optix12 (576 posts) -

I think the biggest atrocity in this whole thing is the fact that under description the first tag is "ryan davids"

#49 Edited by jimmyfenix (3686 posts) -

CBS Legal taking that shit down!

#50 Edited by Patman99 (1545 posts) -

It looks like the Ryan shirt was taken down. However, the designs made by fans are still there. Too bad the original designers don't have a crack legal team like those at CBSi (Tune-in tomorrow for a brand new episode of this fall's hit show: The Big Bang Theory™).