So, If People Are Actually Doing This Yesteryear Thing...

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ververdan0226

...and don't think I'm an asshole for trying to do so, then I'm pleased to announce that we'll be playing Crash Bandicoot. Good for me because between it and Eternal Darkness (which I voted for) those are the only to I actually own. Should be fun looking back at design decisions in old-school platformers, how platformers have changed in the last 10-15 years and looking at Naughty Dog's history before the release of Uncharted 2 (!).

CHANGES TO YESTERYEAR:
Discussion won't be so rigid like I stated before. Play the game over the weekend if you wish to do so, come back on Monday and I'll have some (five or six probably) basic questions and discussion points you guys can address and use as a launchpad for your ideas. I'll probably use the ones I mentioned in the previous paragraph, but in the comments please give me some ones you might want to hear people discuss before Monday. And please post reviews and postmortem look-backs in the reviews section of its wiki! You aren't limited to the decision points I give you at all, I want a free and open discussion, but it would be cool if we could get some conversation around those topics as well as whatever you guys want! If you don't want to replay the game but have played it before, feel free to chime in as long as you mention that you didn't replay it over the weekend. It's only $6 I believe on PSN, so people shouldn't have trouble getting it.

Tell me in the comments if you want to play. Looking for arond 20 people for a good discussion, but less is fine and more is always welcome.

READ THIS: Finally, I don't want to keep attaching blog posts to the forums (too much spam) so follow my blogs on a somewhat-daily basis for updates and a pick of the week when necessary (though I may still put polls there, I'll talk to the mods maybe). The discussion thread will be set up by me on Monday and will not be in General Discussion, it will be in the forum attached to the wiki for Crash Bandicoot.

Thanks, and more importantly have fun!

EDIT: Discussion goes till Thursday (longer if you wish) but on Thursday I'll be polling for our next game.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ververdan0226

...and don't think I'm an asshole for trying to do so, then I'm pleased to announce that we'll be playing Crash Bandicoot. Good for me because between it and Eternal Darkness (which I voted for) those are the only to I actually own. Should be fun looking back at design decisions in old-school platformers, how platformers have changed in the last 10-15 years and looking at Naughty Dog's history before the release of Uncharted 2 (!).

CHANGES TO YESTERYEAR:
Discussion won't be so rigid like I stated before. Play the game over the weekend if you wish to do so, come back on Monday and I'll have some (five or six probably) basic questions and discussion points you guys can address and use as a launchpad for your ideas. I'll probably use the ones I mentioned in the previous paragraph, but in the comments please give me some ones you might want to hear people discuss before Monday. And please post reviews and postmortem look-backs in the reviews section of its wiki! You aren't limited to the decision points I give you at all, I want a free and open discussion, but it would be cool if we could get some conversation around those topics as well as whatever you guys want! If you don't want to replay the game but have played it before, feel free to chime in as long as you mention that you didn't replay it over the weekend. It's only $6 I believe on PSN, so people shouldn't have trouble getting it.

Tell me in the comments if you want to play. Looking for arond 20 people for a good discussion, but less is fine and more is always welcome.

READ THIS: Finally, I don't want to keep attaching blog posts to the forums (too much spam) so follow my blogs on a somewhat-daily basis for updates and a pick of the week when necessary (though I may still put polls there, I'll talk to the mods maybe). The discussion thread will be set up by me on Monday and will not be in General Discussion, it will be in the forum attached to the wiki for Crash Bandicoot.

Thanks, and more importantly have fun!

EDIT: Discussion goes till Thursday (longer if you wish) but on Thursday I'll be polling for our next game.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Pazy

While im less excited about this as a game choice, since I absolutely love this game and completed it for the 20th-odd time a month ago, ill see if I can download it from the PSstore again and play through. Though I cant promoise I can keep up with it since I completed it so recently but Ill try :)

What point should we play until it? Or are we playing until the end?

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ververdan0226
@Pazy: It's a one-week deal, so yes, do play through until the end if you decide to play it. I'll probably play it sometime this weekend. Until then, Fat Princess.

EDIT: Pazy, do you have a PS3? I'm downloading Fat Princess as we speak and am looking for somebody to play with if you have a PS3 and the game. Anyone else??

PSN (it's bad, its my name essentially) ngates0226
Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pazy
@ververdan0226 said:
" @Pazy: It's a one-week deal, so yes, do play through until the end if you decide to play it. I'll probably play it sometime this weekend. Until then, Fat Princess.EDIT: Pazy, do you have a PS3? I'm downloading Fat Princess as we speak and am looking for somebody to play with if you have a PS3 and the game. Anyone else??PSN (it's bad, its my name essentially) ngates0226 "

Sadly no, though im hoping to abuse my Student Loan lol though you expect people to complete Crash Bandacoot in a week for this? Perhaps im modelling it too much from GameClub/Backlog (along with my own pace of gaming) but with the length of the game combined with the fact its easily divisable between its island it makes sense to me to do it over a longer time. Like have this be a 2 week (or perhaps more depending, cant remember the exactl length) and leave the 1 week deal for the 30 minute indie games.

EDIT: Though it should be noted ill discuss it regardless since ive played it enough times :)

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

Yay, the one game I can actually play for this! I'm off to play it, in between Super Mario Sunshine and Symphony of the Night! (Oh, and those are also good ideas for this feature.)

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ververdan0226
@Pazy: I probably should do that for some games other than the RPG ones in the future (good idea), but correct me if I'm wrong (because I last played the game 10 years ago) but it is relatively short right, like in the 10-hour range? Or is my memory already going fuzzy on me at a young age? I think people can finish it in a week, but after this, you're right, I think I might be a good idea to do single-player games like this over the course of 2 (maybe 3 weeks) even when it's not a terribly long game.

Are you going to be watching the Matrix Online live btw?
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

Yea, Crash is a short game; you could probably finish it in a few days, if you aren't worried about 100% or anything.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pazy
@ververdan0226 said:
" @Pazy: I probably should do that for some games other than the RPG ones in the future (good idea), but correct me if I'm wrong (because I last played the game 10 years ago) but it is relatively short right, like in the 10-hour range? Or is my memory already going fuzzy on me at a young age? I think people can finish it in a week, but after this, you're right, I think I might be a good idea to do single-player games like this over the course of 2 (maybe 3 weeks) even when it's not a terribly long game.Are you going to be watching the Matrix Online live btw? "

Ive been watching the justin.tv page for 12 hours lol sad I know. And I think its something like 10 hours. But most people dont seem to play one game for a whole weekend (except maybe the new multiplayer game) so even 10 hours might be longer than a week for some people. Especially if there playing on PSP.

Im posting as "PazyArx" since apparently Pazy was taken (probably by me lol)

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Absurd

I won't be playing this week since I don't own the game already and I dont have a ps3. Maybe Next week though

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ververdan0226
READ THIS: If it's not too much to ask, could I please get more people to commit? I tried to start the whole thing up and if you guys really aren't interested like a good few previously said you were, then please tell me so I can shut it down. Or do most just not have Crash Bandicoot or don't want to replay it? Either way, I'm looking for people to commit and if I can't get more than at the very least 10 to it this weekend, let's just put a bullet in this beast before it begins and end it at that. If you're not replaying this weekend, but still want it to keep going please tell me.  :)
ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ververdan0226

No one??

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_A_Drain

Unfortunately I do not own Crash Bandicoot so would be unable to participate. Like I said in the other thread though i'm happy to keep an eye on the thing and participate whenever a game pops up that I have access to, or when I get some money coming in again.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ververdan0226

Seriously people, I need more than three people. It lives and dies by the people who participate and if no one tells me they're committing to replaying and discussing it, I see no point in moving forward. If I can't guarantee that a little more than just a few people will do it, I might as well just end it. So  please, if you want to do it, tell me or I'll just let it die off (like some probably think it should lol). So?

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Video_Game_King

Again, I'll participate when I can. This is one of those opportunities, so yea, I'll come to the discussion on Monday.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ververdan0226
@Video_Game_King: 'Preciate it, but I need more people than you and Pazy. If a few more people don't commit by day's end, there's no point and I'll just end it. People seemed enthusiastic...