#1 Posted by Arsenal86 (123 posts) -

Then how long will it last and if it ends (talking about the beta) would we have to wait a couple of days until it officially launches

#2 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

I don't know...a week or so? I'm just guessing though

#3 Posted by Pikachu (449 posts) -

No one really knows how long it will last, probably so.

#4 Posted by Toseph (370 posts) -

Hopefully there wont be to bigger gap between the full site launch and the beta

#5 Posted by IroncladMerc (37 posts) -

It could be like a Google beta and last for years. Gmail is still in beta.

#6 Posted by Disgaeamad (1342 posts) -

I'm gonna hazard a guess and say a week or two.

#7 Posted by Demilich (2598 posts) -

When the site is ready.

#8 Posted by Jonathan (659 posts) -

Hopefully we are able to keep our name and stats.

#9 Posted by OroJackson (680 posts) -

Would post counts/Accounts carry over to the full site?

Either way hopefully it will be a seamless transition to the full site.

#10 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

This is the beta?

#11 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -
OroJackson said:
"Would post counts/Accounts carry over to the full site?

Either way hopefully it will be a seamless transition to the full site."
yes, they have stated so multiple times in the bombcast.
I_smell said:
"This is the beta?"

its not an early beta, its simply a presite launch thing. its mostly gonna be the same thing.
#12 Posted by Soopy (46 posts) -

if this is a beta then this site will probably grow even more imo.

#13 Posted by BoldFusion (35 posts) -

Odd, this doesn't feel like a beta. The site seems fully functional. It just loads slow, probably due to traffic. But if this is just the beta, then the full site launch will probably have more surprises.

#14 Posted by RabbitKarrot (362 posts) -

Ive only just been made aware that this is that beta... What the hell?

#15 Posted by banksrob (1126 posts) -

it can last for as long as they like until they feel the site is bug free, and completely awesome

#16 Posted by henjin (829 posts) -

Although this is a beta it really doesnt feel like it. However I must say, they need a better way to put pictures in forum posts and make the site a bit faster..3

#17 Posted by SmAsH (234 posts) -

I'm pretty sure Jeff said, that once the beta is over we secure our names and profiles and it is transitioned over to the official launch. So don't worry.

#18 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

Not sure, couple weeks

#19 Posted by RebelLoyalist (208 posts) -

Well if this is the beta, I can not wait for the full site to get here.

#20 Posted by BoldFusion (35 posts) -
SmAsH said:
"I'm pretty sure Jeff said, that once the beta is over we secure our names and profiles and it is transitioned over to the official launch. So don't worry.
"
I notice that I can change my username at will at this time. But once it's secured, does that mean it's locked and we can't change them anymore?
#21 Posted by SmAsH (234 posts) -
riverbridge said:
"SmAsH said:
"I'm pretty sure Jeff said, that once the beta is over we secure our names and profiles and it is transitioned over to the official launch. So don't worry.
"
I notice that I can change my username at will at this time. But once it's secured, does that mean it's locked and we can't change them anymore?
"
I know what you are thinking about. That edit button beside your name is not for changing your username it is more of a facebook function. Like how do you feel, or what are you doing right now. Go ahead and enter a sentence, like "I went to get a sandwich." And hit submit, refresh the page and now that is what you are doing/feeling/etc... :D
#22 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

Yeah I'm glad everything is moving over to the new site.  At least I won't have to stay up half the night just to secure my user name again. 

#23 Posted by Dakota (248 posts) -

My guess is a week or so. I think they just wanted an estimate of the amount of traffic and submissions so they can get an idea of where they need to improve.

#24 Posted by BoldFusion (35 posts) -
SmAsH said:
"riverbridge said:
"SmAsH said:
"
"
I know what you are thinking about. That edit button beside your name is not for changing your username it is more of a facebook function. Like how do you feel, or what are you doing right now. Go ahead and enter a sentence, like "I went to get a sandwich." And hit submit, refresh the page and now that is what you are doing/feeling/etc... :D
"

I see. I just saw the edit button and thought that was for editing your username. Well, I guess that feature is cool too. I'll fiddle with it.
#25 Posted by Aaron_G (1617 posts) -

Guessing is silly. The site will launch out of beta when it is ready.

#26 Posted by Sharvie (93 posts) -

I would guess around a week or so. Hopefully what Jeff said about keeping our usernames, etc is true.

#27 Posted by Locke (330 posts) -
Jonathan said:
"Hopefully we are able to keep our name and stats.
"
Well of course. There's already been tons uploaded to the wiki to just dump all that information.
#28 Posted by CitizenKane (10508 posts) -

Yes, your user name will carry over from beta to final site.

#29 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -
Thomas said:
"Yeah I'm glad everything is moving over to the new site.  At least I won't have to stay up half the night just to secure my user name again. "
Lol yah! I second that