So is anyone stoked for the D3 midnight release?

Slither_Maggot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 16

Edited By Slither_Maggot

So I was huge fan of Diablo and I bought the Diablo Battle Chest just to get a copy of Diablo 1. My college roommate wasn't too impressed with the overall look of D1 but he asked how D2 was. Told him I'd never played it so I really didn't know. I let him bum my copy of Diablo II and within an hour he walked into my room and told me I told me I had to try it. Needless to say I got hooked pretty quick and soon we started playing hours and hours of Diablo II on battlenet filled quite a bit of what should have been time studying. A couple years ago he started working at GameStop and eating up all the info he could find on Diablo III. As soon as the Collector's Edition for D3 was released he put the money down on his copy and a few weeks later when I got a call from him I told him I wanted to put some money down on a copy for myself. He then informed me he had already paid for -MY- copy in full saying it was his gift for all the years we were broke ass college students and couldn't get each other any gifts for birthdays or X-Mas and it was my reward for getting him into the DIABLO franchise in the first place. So as soon as I get the hour and a half drive home done after I grab my copy we can lay into some demon slaying. I realize I really lucked out thanks to my buddy and with the release date drawing nearer by the hour is anyone else just chomping at the bit for the midnight release?

Slither_Maggot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Slither_Maggot

So I was huge fan of Diablo and I bought the Diablo Battle Chest just to get a copy of Diablo 1. My college roommate wasn't too impressed with the overall look of D1 but he asked how D2 was. Told him I'd never played it so I really didn't know. I let him bum my copy of Diablo II and within an hour he walked into my room and told me I told me I had to try it. Needless to say I got hooked pretty quick and soon we started playing hours and hours of Diablo II on battlenet filled quite a bit of what should have been time studying. A couple years ago he started working at GameStop and eating up all the info he could find on Diablo III. As soon as the Collector's Edition for D3 was released he put the money down on his copy and a few weeks later when I got a call from him I told him I wanted to put some money down on a copy for myself. He then informed me he had already paid for -MY- copy in full saying it was his gift for all the years we were broke ass college students and couldn't get each other any gifts for birthdays or X-Mas and it was my reward for getting him into the DIABLO franchise in the first place. So as soon as I get the hour and a half drive home done after I grab my copy we can lay into some demon slaying. I realize I really lucked out thanks to my buddy and with the release date drawing nearer by the hour is anyone else just chomping at the bit for the midnight release?

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By TheHBK

Yeah, I am actually going to the big midnight release party that Blizzard is doing in Irvine since I live close by. Should be awesome and since it is with Blizzard. but I am looking forward to jumping into something from Blizzard that is not WoW or something that makes me feel inept like Starcraft.

Duskwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Duskwind

D3 is going to be amazing. Then again, having been a huge fan of D1, I said the same thing about D2 and ended up somewhat underwhelmed. But THIS time's going to be different.

Slither_Maggot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Slither_Maggot

@Duskwind: I was a huge fan of D1 but after playing D2 and having the faster paced combat, running capability, and the much more extensive items capabilities I quickly grew just as attached to D2. I loved them both and can't wait for all the upgrades made for a whole new DIABLO experience!

Slither_Maggot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Slither_Maggot

@TheHBK: THAT'S AWESOME! SO JEALOUS! And I totally agree with your sentiments about WoW and StarCraft!

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By deanoxd

I can't wait, i got my email conformation yesterday that my collectors edition has shipped so i am hoping its here early on the 15th. I think i might go to the midnight launch just to pick up max payne 3 so i have something to play until it arrives.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

No. I'm fucking broke because no one will hire me and PAX badges went on sale and I spent the last of the free cash I had.

Slither_Maggot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Slither_Maggot

@DeanoXD: NICE! I wouldn't blame you for picking up M.P. 3! Would be awesome to have a game to get into before getting hopelessly lost in the world of DIABLO again! :-D

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Doctorchimp

I'm in the middle of a PC build because the 680 and Ivy Bridge came out, so I think Max Payne 3 will hold my attention until I can get a video/gaming PC up and running around June.

My brother has a gaming laptop but I don't want to impose.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Anund

What do you like about the Diablo games?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#11  Edited By Humanity

@Slither_Maggot said:

I gotta say you have a pretty cool friend.

Personally I am not as excited. I'm sure that once I'd start playing it the loot lust nad level progression would suck me in just as much as the previous titles but it's not really making me salivate at the mouth. I think they could have done more with the look of the game - maybe it's because the game has been in development for 10 years or so but it looks a bit more like Diablo 2.5 to me.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By envane

if anything its diablo3.5 from the amount of changes they made in the beta .. but anyways splitting hairs

this is WoW:Diablo3 Edition

and yes stoked though for me its a 9am or 10am release .. so ill have a bunch of rested xp

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#13  Edited By Lazyaza

I will be counting down the minutes till the Aus servers go live at 5pm tomorrow

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By envane

@Lazyaza: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhattt im going off the fucking us release date ? awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

shocked sad face

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Mijati

Got my copy paid for, just went out and bought food/drink supplies for tonight for when it hits at 11pm BST. Just a shame I have to do something at 9am on Tuesday morning, but shouldn't last more than an hour so not too bad =D

zack1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By zack1

got my game today and waiting for able to install it in about 6 hours and the games goes live in 12 hours for europe

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By envane

ok so ill be able to install it .. go to sleep .. then spend all next day WAITING for 5pm .. blah ohwell .. thought we got a jump on americans for once

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#18  Edited By Lazyaza

@envane: Aus copies of the game started going out/being sold today but our servers aren't up till late tomorrow sadly and even then they'll be swamped. 7pm for western half of Aus, 5pm for eastern apparently.

I recommend anyone regardless of region start downloading the game client and the game files now if you've gone through Blizzards store or bought a code and be ready for tomorrow lol.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Not even slightly.

Diablo 1 was pretty great, and 2 was fun for a while, but this just looks horribly stripped down and boring, at least based upon the beta, and the art and overall look is just...errgh.

Combine that with my utter contempt for Blizzard as a company and I just couldn't give two shits about it at all.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By envane

im ready ive been ready oh damn im ready .. but i wasnt ready to have to wait another 7 hours from when i thunk it would unlock BARRRRRGGHHDDLLLZZ

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By zeforgotten

Sure, sadly won't be going to any release parties for this one since I'll be busy playing the game

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By JoeyRavn

I have to wait until Amazon UK ships my two copies of the game to Spain... so I guess I'll be playing the game by the end of the week. Next week at most. I don't really care, to be honest. These fucking finals are taking up all my free time, so yeah.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Clonedzero

i honestly don't see the appeal of the game other than nostalgia from the other two. i mean i looked into all the details about the game, and well. meh. glad other people are pumped for it. i felt the same about starcraft 2.

i'll wait for torchlight 2 to get my dungeon crawl on.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By coaxmetal

hmmmm I'm going to wait for reviews and then see if I feel like getting it.

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By Tordah

Sadly, I didn't receive my (physical) pre-order copy today as I had hoped. So no midnight launch for me, but hopefully the game will be in my mailbox tomorrow morning.  I got an e-mail notice last thursday saying it's on the way so it SHOULD be here by then.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I had time to actually play after midnight I would be. But I have to wake up early :(

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SSully

I went with a digital copy, so I already have it installed and ready to go. Just waiting for the servers to let me play!

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#29  Edited By fox01313

Going to the midnight release here at one of the local gamestop locations & thrilled to play it as out of my close circle of friends, I've yet to play it as I didn't get into the beta. Should be fun but with it being one of the smaller stores in the area, not sure how much more fun it will be apart from seeing what D3/Max Payne3 stuff they are giving away, hopefully it will be as successful as the Arkham City midnight release I went to where I got one of the batman shirts for free.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ben_H

I might get to play in 3 hours (At like 4PM for me) from now instead of at 2AM like I had figured out. For some reason it thinks I'm in Europe, it defaulted everything to British and has me defaulted to the Europe server. It also says in the "Breaking News" bar that the server unlocks at 12AM CEST instead of 12AM PDT like it should given that I'm in Canada. How odd. It might be because I have a registered European SC2 account on my Battlenet ID along side my North American account.

SefaRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SefaRed

Amazon has sent my Collector's Edition. I thought it wasn't coming out in the UK until Friday. Hopefully I'll still be able to play it tomorrow. It'll be bad if I have installed but I'm unable to play it!

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BonOrbitz

@Clonedzero said:

i honestly don't see the appeal of the game other than nostalgia from the other two. i mean i looked into all the details about the game, and well. meh. glad other people are pumped for it. i felt the same about starcraft 2.

i'll wait for torchlight 2 to get my dungeon crawl on.

I was just about the write something similar.

I really enjoyed Diablo II but after playing Torchlight it's difficult for me to get excited for D3 because I don't know how D3 can scratch that itch any better than Torchlight did. Enjoy the midnight release D3 fans!

Gilsham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By Gilsham

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

Not even slightly. Diablo 1 was pretty great, and 2 was fun for a while, but this just looks horribly stripped down and boring, at least based upon the beta, and the art and overall look is just...errgh. Combine that with my utter contempt for Blizzard as a company and I just couldn't give two shits about it at all.

see the fact that you think that it is 'stripped down' means Blizzard has done something right because the D3 barb has more skills than the D2 one without taking runes into account, the fact is the characters in D3 are quite a lot more complex in their builds, changing the 1-5 keys into ability slots rather than potions adds to this because it gives them a whole lot more utility than getting hp and mana back. Item crafting is a lot deeper the cube in D2 is under used unless you played something like the Eastern Sun mod. While limiting the number of players to 4 is something I don't like I'm pretty sure they did if so you have to make a choice on what not to have. Art is subjective and while I don't doubt you don't like it I wonder if you aren't at least slightly inclined to see it in a negative light considering the rest of your post

I am interested as to why you have such contempt for Blizzard.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MikkaQ

Not really, considering it comes out at like 3am eastern. I'm not starting a new video game at 3 in the morning, Blizzard must be out of their minds. I'll play it tomorrow.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By tim_the_corsair
@Gilsham

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

Not even slightly. Diablo 1 was pretty great, and 2 was fun for a while, but this just looks horribly stripped down and boring, at least based upon the beta, and the art and overall look is just...errgh. Combine that with my utter contempt for Blizzard as a company and I just couldn't give two shits about it at all.

see the fact that you think that it is 'stripped down' means Blizzard has done something right because the D3 barb has more skills than the D2 one without taking runes into account, the fact is the characters in D3 are quite a lot more complex in their builds, changing the 1-5 keys into ability slots rather than potions adds to this because it gives them a whole lot more utility than getting hp and mana back. Item crafting is a lot deeper the cube in D2 is under used unless you played something like the Eastern Sun mod. While limiting the number of players to 4 is something I don't like I'm pretty sure they did if so you have to make a choice on what not to have. Art is subjective and while I don't doubt you don't like it I wonder if you aren't at least slightly inclined to see it in a negative light considering the rest of your post

I am interested as to why you have such contempt for Blizzard.

My contempt for Blizzard arises from the simple fact that two of their three major properties were based upon shamelessly ripping off the ip of someone else.
Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Franstone

Counting the seconds...

Trying to find things to do to make time pass.