• 76 results
#1 Posted by CT_1 (7 posts) -

Was Half-Life 2 unveiled at E3?

#2 Posted by SlashDance (1804 posts) -

I'm pretty sure it was but still, no.

#3 Posted by Chaser324 (6325 posts) -

I don't think there's much point in speculating about anything related to the next Half-Life game. Valve is going to do whatever they want to do.

#4 Edited by Morningstar (2142 posts) -

Valve will take their sweet time. If they are not happy, we wont get a new game.

#5 Edited by BeachThunder (11702 posts) -

Ha.

#6 Edited by Thandurin (18 posts) -

It would be pretty exciting if Valve announced Half-Life 3 but I'd assume they will be showing off the Steambox if anything.

#7 Posted by Wacomole (815 posts) -

At this point, they could create the greatest game ever made and it would not live up to the expectations people seem to have for the next Half-Life.

#8 Edited by Ducksworth (659 posts) -

Half-Life 3, E3, 2013. That makes 9, minus 6 (because E3 takes place in June) and we get 3 again.

Half-Life 3 confirmed.

#9 Posted by Jams (2959 posts) -

I don't think there's much point in speculating about anything related to the next Half-Life game. Valve is going to do whatever they want to do.

That seems like the point they've really wanted to drive home to people. Even to the point of teasing them with pictures of Valve staff members walking around with Half-life 3 shirts.

Having said that, I think that once they start talking about source engine 2; they'll start showing engine demos featuring the next Half-life. Or they'll give up on the franchise.

#10 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2211 posts) -

Pfft, no.

#11 Posted by WarlockEngineerMoreDakka (432 posts) -

Probably not.

Valve's too busy with the Steam Box, Linux, and Dota 2 right now. :P

As an earlier poster said though- Half-life 3's reveal will become MUCH more likely when Valve finally reveals Source 2.

#12 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

yes Half Life 3 Confirmed

#13 Posted by Cameron (595 posts) -

I'd rather have them make something new. Half-Life 2 is a good game and all, but I find it difficult to get excited for shooters anymore.

#14 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Hilarious.

#15 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4160 posts) -

Nuh-ah. ~ Next year, Billy.

#16 Posted by MattyFTM (14342 posts) -

If you're basing that assumption on the fact that there hasn't been a Half-Life game since 2006, it's been pretty likely to show at the last four E3's. It showed at none of those E3's. That's zero out of four. 0/4. Zero percent. There is a 0% chance of Half-Life 3 showing up at E3 this year.

Moderator Online
#17 Posted by Pr1mus (3813 posts) -

no

#18 Posted by pyrodactyl (1884 posts) -

lol,

they never learn

#19 Posted by Druminator (1676 posts) -

Maybe once their console comes out.

#20 Posted by Jimbo (9773 posts) -

New consoles, new Source engine, new Half Life.

That's three news. Half Life 3 confirmed.

#21 Edited by TheHT (10891 posts) -

Last I heard, weren't they working on Source 3? Makes sense for HL3 to debut when that's ready.

Along with Left 4 Dead 3, Ricochet 3, Team Fortress 3, Counter-Strike 3, and Portal 3.

#22 Posted by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

No

#23 Posted by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

i stopped giving a shit about half-life 3 ages ago.

#24 Edited by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

Half-Life 3 is a myth.

#25 Edited by DarthOrange (3851 posts) -

lol

#26 Posted by Daveyo520 (6652 posts) -

Oh you

#27 Edited by HistoryInRust (6274 posts) -

I love that this is the running joke every E3 now. Move over, Duke Nukem, there's a new laughingstock in town.

#28 Posted by RazielCuts (2933 posts) -

Half-Life 3 will be a Steambox exclusive, you heard it here first.

#29 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

It would be great if Gabe got up on stage and just showed off his knife collection for half an hour. No product announcements, just Knife Time.

#31 Posted by zenmastah (877 posts) -

As always, it would be really great but i doubt it will be there.

#32 Posted by johncallahan (543 posts) -

It would be great if Gabe got up on stage and just showed off his knife collection for half an hour. No product announcements, just Knife Time.

I'm all in favor of this.

#33 Posted by pyromagnestir (4247 posts) -

@jonny126 said:

@ravenlight said:

I'm all in favor of this.

I'm on board as well.

#34 Posted by JasonR86 (9609 posts) -

It'll be exclusive to Steam and Steam-enabled boxes!

#35 Posted by RedRavN (397 posts) -

I just want valve to make an actual game that I can be exited about. They must have something to show because I doubt they would bother to show up and just say, "hey gamers were releasing dota 2 in a month. Were not really sure what the other 100s of game developers and artists have been working on since LFD2 and portal2. We mostly just let them roll around in piles of money so we haven't heard from them in a year or 2. Also we may or may not be developing a steam box internally."

It wouldn't really surprise me at this point if valve wanted to get out of game development for the most part and focus on steam and licencing stuff but I'm pretty sure they are still employing a fairly large amount of some of the best game developers in the business. So it would be really strange if nothing was actually getting done their.

#36 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

i like this idea more than a half life 3

#37 Edited by Levio (1783 posts) -

They should release Half-Life 4 next. The HL4 story will pretend as if you know a bunch of events that occurred after HL2 in order to keep the experience authentic.

#38 Posted by Draxyle (1793 posts) -

No way in heck it would be announced at an E3 at all. With the hype already surrounding it, the HL3 reveal could easily be its own event.

#39 Posted by gkhan (417 posts) -

It is time for us to realize that there's never going to be a Half-Life 3. Let go, and let yourselves grieve for the game that never was, nor ever will be.

However, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri II? That's definitely happening. I refuse to believe otherwise. What?

#40 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

Half-Life 3, E3, 2013. That makes 9, minus 6 (because E3 takes place in June) and we get 3 again.

Half-Life 3 confirmed.

......take the 3......carry the.......then cross-reference that to.........and given the moon cycle in June.........+ 3.........

Yeah. This man's math works out. Half-Life 3 at E3 confirmed.

#41 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4160 posts) -

Gabe's gonna put this on stage in a glass box.

#42 Edited by wrecks (2210 posts) -

It will be revealed inside the Xen level of Black Mesa when that is released and then Black Mesa will be included in the Orange Box 2. Duh.

#43 Edited by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

Valve is over Half-Life. They're making other cool games, occasionally at that, and their focus on Steam and Steam-related functions and hardware is their top priority.

Seriously, there won't be another Half-Life until they feel they need money, and Steam is making sure their pockets and popularity are at full.

Not to mention that releasing HL3 will surely have a massive backlash by the fanatic fans, even if its perfect. Why would Valve go through the trouble of making the game when they know for a fact that they'll get a lot of negative word of mouth regardless of the quality of the product? They won't ruin their stellar reputation like that, no siree.

#44 Posted by Ben_H (3312 posts) -

@jams said:

@chaser324 said:

That seems like the point they've really wanted to drive home to people. Even to the point of teasing them with pictures of Valve staff members walking around with Half-life 3 shirts.

Having said that, I think that once they start talking about source engine 2; they'll start showing engine demos featuring the next Half-life. Or they'll give up on the franchise.

And if you add 10 to 3 you get 13, so on March 13, 2013, Tupac will come out of hiding and perform "Hail Mary" and the US government will admit 9/11 was an inside job.

#45 Edited by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

Ha, no.

#46 Edited by KrypticKiller (190 posts) -

People really need to let this go. I loved the series but it's been what, 8 years? Why do people still fucking care?

#47 Edited by Max_Cherry (1131 posts) -

No, I remember it being unveiled as a PC Gamer magazine cover exclusive.

#48 Edited by StarFoxA (5138 posts) -

People really need to let this go. I loved the series but it's been what, 8 years? Why do people still fucking care?

It was a good 12 years before StarCraft 2 came out. People care because they are attached to the characters from Half-Life, and they'd like to see the story through. No one likes a story ending on a cliffhanger (see: Twin Peaks).

#49 Posted by gkhan (417 posts) -

I can't speak for anyone else, but I played the first Half-Life as soon as it was out, and Jesus Fucking Christ what a game that was. I had never played anything remotely like it, and I can't claim that I've played a game since that was that revolutionary in terms of leaping ahead into the future. One of the few games that comes close is Half-Life 2. Of course people are looking forward to the third one.

#50 Posted by mrcraggle (1823 posts) -

@jimbo said:

New consoles, new Source engine, new Half Life.

That's three news. Half Life 3 confirmed.

Half-Life 3 confirmed.

You're gonna put scoops out of a job with hardcore journalist skills like that.