• 76 results
#51 Edited by CT_1 (7 posts) -

They've announced that they are working on a new engine (Source 2?). They have acknowledged that some kind of "Steam Box" is in development. Hasn't 2013 been tossed around as a possible launch date for that hardware? Or was that just a rumour?

Given all of this, and the amount of waiting we've all done, don't we have more hope for a Half-Life 3 unveiling in 2013 than in previous years?

#52 Posted by AngelN7 (2959 posts) -

Har! just give up already.

#53 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4281 posts) -

oh shut up

#54 Posted by Scrawnto (2413 posts) -

A lotta top notch numerology happening up in this thread.

#55 Posted by bybeach (4601 posts) -

Maybe into the next-gen cycle somwheres. They come out with a HL 3, they will want it a solid and full advantaged product for on I would think all platforms. So not the first wave either.

#56 Posted by oraknabo (1426 posts) -

My prediction is Source 2 games will only work on Linux.

#57 Posted by Humanity (7948 posts) -

This is the first I'm hearing they're even working on it.

#58 Posted by Cloudenvy (5890 posts) -

I sure hope not, the less Half-Life we get the better. Unless they magically make Half-Life 3 actually fun to play.

#59 Posted by JasonR86 (9374 posts) -

oh shut up

I want fucking Half Life 3 Hippie! You know what? You shut up!

#60 Posted by Snail (8469 posts) -

Talking about it only makes this harder.

#61 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4866 posts) -

I'd just start forgetting about wanting a Halflife sequel for a while, then when it is unveiled, it will be a pleasant surprise.

#62 Posted by Devil240Z (3052 posts) -

I just don't really see the point. maybe I should play those games again and see if I still care about them.

#63 Edited by TheSquarePear (148 posts) -

The point is to tie up the massive cliff hanger of the end of episode 2.

I just hope Valve is still making any kind of singleplayer game.

#64 Posted by BlatantNinja23 (930 posts) -

Just as likely as every other year. If it exists in a fashion they are ready to release it in, I'd assume it be also how they reveal their new engine.

#65 Posted by Kerned (1168 posts) -

At this point, who cares? There is no game Valve could make that could possibly live up to people's expectations.

#66 Posted by UlquioKani (933 posts) -

At this point, it's easier not to do anything than attempt to live up to the hype.

#67 Posted by fox01313 (5033 posts) -

Valve notoriously has issues with making any game with the number 3 in it.

#68 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4027 posts) -

Last I remember, I heard on Rebel FM that they wanted to make it a little more open world. ~ I mean I don't have much of a source. I would just need to look back on the last couple of months episodes.

#69 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1295 posts) -

Half-Life 3 could be a game to be covered at E3, but Valve would more likely tease/reveal it via viral video.

#70 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

It seems "pretty likely" every time there's an event Valve is attending but here we are six years later.

#71 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4281 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

@colourful_hippie said:

oh shut up

At least one of us will sleep easy for being realistic while the other desperately cries in their pillow as they slowly reach the realization that they were crazy all along for wanting to believe.

#72 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4027 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

@colourful_hippie said:

oh shut up

At least one of us will sleep easy for being realistic while the other desperately cries in their pillow as they slowly reach the realization that they were crazy all along for wanting to believe.

Ha!, yea. ~ Didn't Valve had a Half-Life 3 shirt going though?

#73 Posted by Forcen (1766 posts) -
#74 Edited by Milkman (16227 posts) -

The Last Guardian is Half Life 3.

Think about it.

#75 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3642 posts) -

Half-Life 3 is never pretty likely, inevitable or not. (Oh, god I hope it's inevitable.)

#76 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I look forward to the Internet explosion when this is finally announced, likely through some crazy AUG.

#77 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Valve is over Half-Life. They're making other cool games, occasionally at that, and their focus on Steam and Steam-related functions and hardware is their top priority.

Seriously, there won't be another Half-Life until they feel they need money, and Steam is making sure their pockets and popularity are at full.

I find it shocking people are silly enough to believe nothing is being done regarding Half-Life 3.

and wait, so you think Valve has all its staff focused on improving the Steam client? Riiiiiiiight.

After what happened with Half-Life 2, it is of no surprise that Half-Life 3 is so behind the curtain. That situation cost Valve a lot of money and Gabe himself said it's why they are so secret.

#78 Posted by THEBIGZED (83 posts) -

I'll be honest here. If Valve announced that they aren't going to make another Half-Life, my interest in the company would decline by roughly 100%.

But, um, Gabe can't be that dumb, right? I mean he's Gabe! A really smart guy!