unclejohn0525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By unclejohn0525

Hi all,

I'm a 20 year old man-child who, above all other games, is in love with the Super Mario franchise and Nintendo.

I attend art school in Boston, and have little money to purchase video games willy-nilly anymore, so I limit my spending on games to only those I really truly want, and would be elated to play. All of those games, I've found since entering college more than 2 years ago (save for a select few PS3 titles), have been Nintendo games.

My 3DS has been one of my best friends since Super Mario 3D Land came out back in November of my freshman year. It must be the most played 3DS game in my collection (and that's a collection that includes Ocarina of Time and Animal Crossing), as I still find myself playing it regularly more than a year later. The game is just so incredibly fun.

After all, that's all I want in a game. I just want to play, and have fun. There were few of those, as I like to call, gamey-games from this past generation of consoles that I really enjoyed, and most of the ones that I did were on the Wii, like Donkey Kong Country Returns, Mario Galaxy, and even New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Those games that are really about the skill of the player, and his or her enjoyment just playing it, as opposed to watching the spectacle of a cutscene in a big-budget HD shooter.

That's not to say these gamey-games weren't on consoles other than the Wii. They most definitely were, mostly in the form of downloadable titles. As somebody who loves this type of game though, it makes sense that I would be a Nintendo fanboy. They're focusing all of their resources on this sort of gamey-game on a retail scale. Of course it's going to be better than any old downloadable platformer or action/adventure on any other service.

And don't get me wrong, I'm no elitist fanboy trying to tout and champion Nintendo as the best of the best around and nobody is better blah blah you can't beat them they'll aways be the best Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda... That isn't me. I'm saying that they make the games I most enjoy playing and looking at. And that's coming from somebody who loves all video games. I own and like (though the 360 to a lesser extent, mostly due to lack of exposure) both other consoles from this past generation, but found a general malaise in my interest for most of their game libraries.

As a student in college who loves Nintendo, I'm dying to get a WiiU. The games are very slowly going to start trickling out, which is absolutely

perfect

for my limited spending ability. My roommate and I regularly play Smash Bros. on the Wii in our room, so needless to say I'm excited for the WiiU iteration. Also coming very soon is of course Super Mario 3D World, which I think looks fantastic. The prospect of getting more like the 3DS game just makes me giddy, and with all the extra bells and whistles (and not to mention HD), I'm sold.

Here's a video I made about it.

Anyways, I'm 20 and I'm a big sucker for Nintendo. I guess that's my point.

E.

insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By insouciant

I'm a big sucker for Nintendo too. I liked Super Mario 3D Land a lot too. I completed it 100% and then I sold it. I'm dying to get a Wii U also.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I bought a WiiU, but only for Platinum games.... I cannot not play a Hideki Kamiya game. Nintendo first party games aren't really on my radar anymore.

Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 were all I wanted.

I'll probably pick up 3D World.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm sorry but I need to say this every time I see it. LANDSCAPE ON VIDEO NOT PORTRAIT.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I will always love Nintendo and have always approached their games with an irrational child like wonder. I'd have a Wii U already if not for the new consoles. When I do get one, Mario 3d world will definitely be one of my first purchases.

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm a 29 year old guy and I struggle to give the slightest of fucks about Nintendo anymore.

I'd probably like them more if I didn't have to buy proprietary hardware to play their games, though, as I certainly enjoy 2D Mario games.

Glad you get so much use and love from me though duder!

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

now you can play with your FRIENDS!!?!! WOW

how many digits are the friend codes in mario 3d land and do you get to jump on the gungas heads

unclejohn0525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry but I need to say this every time I see it. LANDSCAPE ON VIDEO NOT PORTRAIT.

lmao, and I'm sorry but I need to say with utmost respect and love for all of my fellow GiantBombers... Who cares dude.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I'm a 29 year old guy and I struggle to give the slightest of fucks about Nintendo anymore.

I'd probably like them more if I didn't have to buy proprietary hardware to play their games, though, as I certainly enjoy 2D Mario games.

I'm 32 and I still give plenty of fucks about Nintendo so...congrats on not being 30 yet, I guess?

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By GunstarRed

It wasn't until three or so years ago that I rediscovered Nintendo. I hadn't really cared since the snes and it felt weird that in all that time I still thought of Mario 3 as my favourite game, but didn't really have any interest in any of the later consoles. Ever since I started getting into DS games, then moving onto the 3DS and getting a Wii U a few months ago I have had some of the most positive gaming experiences I have ever had on any console. Mario 3D Land was my favourite game a couple of years ago, Kid Icarus was easily the best thing I played all last year and 3D World could potentially be a real GOTY contender for me. I adore Nintendo.

...even if they make tons of poor decisions.

unclejohn0525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you, and I value your opinion too! :)