#1 Edited by iamoderthanyouthink22 (5 posts) -

Can someone give me a brief discussion of this site and the things I can do here? I am a newbie. I've just read a thread I searched for in google and got interested, so... Please be kind.

#2 Posted by JoeyRavn (4969 posts) -

It's like any other site out there, really. You can participate in the forums, edit the wiki with useful information (just like you would edit Wikipedia, for example) and all that. The staff uploads a weekly podcast each Tuesday, they review games and make a lot of videos about gaming and stuff. There's also Thursday Night Showdown each Thursday if you want to see them play some game live, or even play with them.

There's a lot of weird shit in this site, so enjoy yourself. Good luck, have Batman.

#3 Posted by iamoderthanyouthink22 (5 posts) -

@JoeyRavn: Thank you dude. I am still trying to familiarize with all the buttons.. I am really dazed. LOL

#4 Edited by jimmyfenix (3853 posts) -

Welcome to giantbomb :)

#5 Posted by iamoderthanyouthink22 (5 posts) -

@jimmyfenix: Thank you. I don't know if i'm just stupid or you're just trolling me, coz I can't open the video. lol

#6 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4711 posts) -

You are oder than I think? Oder? Whut?

#7 Posted by jimmyfenix (3853 posts) -

lol guess the video aint working.. you should really start off with the persona 4 endurance run :)

#8 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

@iamoderthanyouthink22: Start here. Welcome to Giant Bomb.

#9 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

You can do everything.

And nothing. This will make sense in the coming months.

#10 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3483 posts) -

It's customary for new members to disclose their credit card information. Also, feel free to solicit relationship advice.

#11 Posted by BionicRadd (617 posts) -

The first thing a newbie is supposed to do is post a horribly pointless thread about something asinine. So you've already screwed up. Way to go, new guy/gal.

The next thing you do is post nonsense replies to random threads to get your post count up. You still have time to do this one. Don't panic!

After that, just troll the forums for awhile, making sure everyone knows who you are. Kick someone's ass, the first day, or become someone'e bitch.

Or you can do what you've done here and make a pretty good first thread. Now go off and watch quick looks for games you like (or better yet, games you know are terrible). That'll really drive home what Giant Bomb is all about. If you are into podcasts, the Bombcast is one of the highlights of my week, so give that a listen. I wouldn't get invested in doing Quests, as I think those might be dead.

#12 Posted by RawknRo11a (562 posts) -

Welcome to giant bomb! As others have said just have a look around and a great place to start are the endurance runs, epic.

Remember, you are amongster fellow duders here!

#13 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

You talk about video games, get angry at people, find friends, find soulmate, marry someone, settle down, have children, live happily ever after.

Plot twist: Your wife has cancer and leaves you alone with the family, struggling to find a job and has to resort to prostitution.

#14 Posted by pweidman (2326 posts) -

@Azteck said:

You talk about video games, get angry at people, find friends, find soulmate, marry someone, settle down, have children, live happily ever after.

Plot twist: Your wife has cancer and leaves you alone with the family, struggling to find a job and has to resort to prostitution.

Yeah it all breaks bad at some point.

Seriously, have a look around TC, tons of fun stuff to see and hear. Welcome to GB duder!

#15 Posted by kgb0515 (411 posts) -

Welcome to Giant Bomb. -End obligatory response. Just kidding...seriously welcome.

#16 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -

welcome duder. and here, this might help :)

#17 Edited by lightsoda (540 posts) -

Welcome to gamebomb.

Have Batman, or one of Molyneux balls.

<>

Start with some quick looks, it's the main reason I come here. And other video content. And maybe take a tour around the wiki.

#18 Posted by Undeadpool (4924 posts) -

WELCOME!

And yeah, the Persona 4 Endurance Run as well as TANG are also great places to start. Then the Bombcast.

#19 Posted by iamoderthanyouthink22 (5 posts) -

@GunslingerPanda: @GunslingerPanda: HAHA. I'm sorry. I know, I wasn't really paying attention, cause I wasn't all that eager to sign up, you know.. Glitch in the matrix. :)

#20 Posted by iamoderthanyouthink22 (5 posts) -

@Tylea002: Thank you. That was really informative and entertaining. I'll go look around now. :)

#21 Posted by RPGee (759 posts) -
#22 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

You can ride a bike

#23 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -
@iamoderthanyouthink22 Welcome!
#24 Posted by ThunderSlash (1691 posts) -

Quick! Make a blog containing a single word. The word "Quest" is the most preferable.

lolno

#25 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4711 posts) -

@iamoderthanyouthink22 said:

@GunslingerPanda: @GunslingerPanda: HAHA. I'm sorry. I know, I wasn't really paying attention, cause I wasn't all that eager to sign up, you know.. Glitch in the matrix. :)

Lol, well at least you can laugh about it!

#26 Posted by mlarrabee (2927 posts) -