So much negativity going on in the E3 chats..

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By UnrealDP

@Napalm said:

@UnrealDP said:

@Breadfan said:

Always turn off chat. Always.

This has probably already been requoted, but this. It sucks and this community's awesome, but that chat is just such an atrocious downer.

Yeah, it is bad, especially when you want to express a relatively tame opinion, it gets overshadowed by idiots spamming racist and sickening things over and over again.

EDIT: set up an IRC channel that was about a hundred times better, devoid of the racist/hurtful shit.

No matter the live stream, something about a live chat attracts the worst people and opinions, or something along those lines. That IRC's also a good tip.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#152  Edited By RedRoach

@Soapy86 said:

This might too simple or too obvious a solution, but if these companies wouldn't give people a reason to bitch, then maybe people wouldn't bitch as much.

Even when there were good games on people were still bitching. During AC3, people were complaining it wasn't realistic. It's a god damn action game not a fucking ship simulator. Every single game, even the good ones, the comments were mostly negative.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I don't understand what people expect of the chat. You have hundreds or thousands of people chatting in a short instant messaging window. Comments are either going to be incredibly negative, incredibly positive, or incredibly ignorant/stupid, all while being very very short, because it's a chat window for thousands of people. You're not going to get a well written treatise on anything in that sort of environment.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#154  Edited By Sin4profit

@JacDG said:

Maybe I should just stop paying attention to the chat

nailed it.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#155  Edited By AngelN7

You need to understand that a lot of people comment based on what they see rather than what they know , I mean most of the games in the conference were already officially revealed so people hating on those are just doing it for the sake of doing also is a massive chat you shouldn't pay attention to everything people say since is most just the first funny witty thing you can come out with I stick to the following tab so I only get to see what people I'm following say , you want to see a bad chat? check out GT chat , It's like give voices to those 2007 Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft rabid fanboys you're not gonna get smart commentary out of that.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#156  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@Jay444111 said:

@FengShuiGod said:

Was listening to NPR on the way home from work, and they were talking about how the vidya game industry was so unoriginal, with all the sequels and whatnot. Hearing non gamers talk about video games really made me feel like my hobby was a total joke, and then I realized it kinda was, and then I realized why I kinda don't game anymore. So many games feel immature, repetitive, unoriginal, and poorly written. Even the Halo 4 stuff sounded like something out of a Saturday morning cartoon. I think a large constituency of gamers are exiting their teens, and they are starting to feel the same way, hence the vitriol.

Ugh... this... this post gave me a headache for how dumb it was man... It literally gave me a headache. Thanks a lot.

Video games make more money than any other storytelling industry on a constant basis.

Video game stories have been better than movie ones for quite a while now.

Video games have been copying off each other since the beginning of time.

Video games have been called immature by dumbasses only.

Whoever NPR is, they sound like massive dumbasses with a fanboy right here... Seriously... you gave me a very fucking bad headache with that post... it is so wrong that it actually did! Thanks a fucking lot!

NPR is one of the largest, most respected radio companies in the country. At least can articulate his opinions without sounding like a complete imbecile. Just because someone (rightfully so) for being consistently immature instead of growing as a medium narrative-wise doesn't make them a fanboy. Everything should be criticized when they become stagnant, or else they never evolve or change. Jay, you have no respect for anyone whose opinions differ from yours and it's pathetic. Stop it.

Klaimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#157  Edited By Klaimore

Agreed a lot of unhappy people but everyone is entitled to their own opinion though I wasn't expecting so many.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#158  Edited By 49th

I completely agree, the chat was horrible this year. You had everyone repeating the same bad jokes and GB memes, a huge amount of negativity about almost everything, and no actual discussions going on since the cool down is 2 minutes long. 
Not to mention the distracting moderator posts that appear every 10 seconds in bright purple boxes, with some bad attempt at humour in full capital letters. Just because you are a moderator doesn't give everything you say value. I wish I could turn that feature off.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By FengShuiGod

@Jay444111 said:

@FengShuiGod said:

Was listening to NPR on the way home from work, and they were talking about how the vidya game industry was so unoriginal, with all the sequels and whatnot. Hearing non gamers talk about video games really made me feel like my hobby was a total joke, and then I realized it kinda was, and then I realized why I kinda don't game anymore. So many games feel immature, repetitive, unoriginal, and poorly written. Even the Halo 4 stuff sounded like something out of a Saturday morning cartoon. I think a large constituency of gamers are exiting their teens, and they are starting to feel the same way, hence the vitriol.

Ugh... this... this post gave me a headache for how dumb it was man... It literally gave me a headache. Thanks a lot.

Video games make more money than any other storytelling industry on a constant basis.

Whoever NPR is, they sound like massive dumbasses with a fanboy right here... Seriously... you gave me a very fucking bad headache with that post... it is so wrong that it actually did! Thanks a fucking lot!

NPR is National Public Radio here in the US. One of the few reputable, not right-wing talk media channels. Admittedly, they came across as a little out of their element when reporting on E3, but it's not like your post is a bastion of well reasoned thought.

Ok, video games make more money than any other story telling media. Other than the fact that it is perhaps not reasonable to compare video games to other storytelling mediums...so what? Since when is money made a barometer of quality? I'm sure Harry Potter has sold more than The Sound and The Fury ever will, but such numbers do not abrogate the aesthetic accomplishments of Faulkner, nor do they change the mediocrity of Harry Potter.

Video game stories have been better than movie ones for awhile now? Are you trolling? Such is sentiment is ultimately subjective, but are you going to insist video games have matched the narrative power of The Good The Bad and The Ugly, or 2001 A Space Odyssey, or Days of Heaven, or Five Easy Pieces, or Nashville, or Magnolia, ect.? Video games aren't movies, and I don't expect the same experience from such disparate mediums, but saying video games are better at narrative is like saying paintings sound better than movies. I don't expect amazing writing out of a game, and some of the best games, IMO, have little to no writing in them, but game stories are often much worse than they have to be.

Video games have been copying off each other since their inception, yes, just as every medium borrows from what came before it and evolves and (hopefully) improves via an iterative and cumulative process. I'm not saying everything in existence must blow my mind with it's amazing originality, but when a lot of stuff coming out is a sequel (3,4,5+) and doesn't look significantly different from its previous iterations or myriad other games in general, I'll call "unoriginal" on it.

Finally, video games have been called immature by dumb asses all too often, but that should not blind you to the fact that games (not all though!) are often immature. Many industry insiders, game developers, and lovers of video games have pointed this out as an obstacle to be overcome. I think even the BombSquad has brought it up. I think Patrick posted something like, "Are video games dumb?" in a post once. Last year during the E3 stream some devs, including Jaffe (I think), voiced their worries that video games might just be an empty calorie kind of thing, but they wanted them to be more. Acknowledging problems within the industry isn't a bad thing, and I hope it ultimately allows games as a whole to grow and improve.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#160  Edited By williamhenry

@RedRoach said:

@Soapy86 said:

This might too simple or too obvious a solution, but if these companies wouldn't give people a reason to bitch, then maybe people wouldn't bitch as much.

Even when there were good games on people were still bitching. During AC3, people were complaining it wasn't realistic. It's a god damn action game not a fucking ship simulator. Every single game, even the good ones, the comments were mostly negative.

Thats video game fans for you. They are never satisfied with anything ever. Everything is always shit, and they are impossible to please. It could be the best game ever and it would still be treated like it was garbage. Thats what happens when the audience is full of spoiled teenagers and they are given a platform to announce their opinions anonymously.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I completely ignored chat and ended up having a blast on Twitter with other GB members. I feel bad for the people who have to hate on everything. I split my screen 50/50 with the E3 stream and TweetDeck. That's probably how I'll do all live streams now.

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By NekuCTR

It's the end of a console cycle. Lower your expectations people.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FengShuiGod: I agree with your points but when people outside of the industry who don't even play games decide to comment on how stagnant and immature it is...at the risk of sounding immature, they can bite me. If the Bomb crew or Jaffe, or even yourself, someone who's played a lot of games wants to talk about that, thats another thing entirely.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By williamhenry

@Jay444111 said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Jay444111 said:

@FengShuiGod said:

NPR is one of the largest, most respected radio companies in the country. At least can articulate his opinions without sounding like a complete imbecile. Just because someone (rightfully so) for being consistently immature instead of growing as a medium narrative-wise doesn't make them a fanboy. Everything should be criticized when they become stagnant, or else they never evolve or change. Jay, you have no respect for anyone whose opinions differ from yours and it's pathetic. Stop it.

Who listens to radio anymore? No, seriously? Considering the fact that people like Glenn Beck INFECT the damn airwaves. Why listen to it when that is what you are getting?

Thats like saying why play video games at all when shit like that Men In Black game gets released, or why watch TV when Fox News exists. Just because Glenn Beck is a terrible, terrible person with a radio show, it does not mean that all of radio as a medium is terrible. NPR is the most respected and unbiased media outlet that exists today. It seems that you just can't understand that.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@Jay444111 said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Jay444111 said:

@FengShuiGod said:

Who listens to radio anymore? No, seriously? Considering the fact that people like Glenn Beck INFECT the damn airwaves. Why listen to it when that is what you are getting?

Also, dude, stop insulting me, either grow up or get out. This is the fifth post in a row and I am getting fucking sick of being treated like shit. Hell, even Alien stopped that!

I do agree that criticizing things is important. (Other M and such.) But calling all video games immature and unoriginal while also making fun of video games? That is not criticizing, that is just a troll station at that point. I can find more intelligence in a Family Guy episode about video games than radio hosts that know nothing about it.

I also really did get a headache and I had to take medicine for it. I truly did just from that post. Anyone that can take a non-gamer opinion seriously about their own medium should just leave the medium if they are swayed so easily by people who know NOTHING about what they are talking about!

The criticism is spot on, is the problem. Video Games mostly consist of a bunch of meatheaded dudes murdering eachother over and over. Intelligent games like Portal and Half Life (which is also guilty of the mindless shooting a bit) or beautiful games like Journey are drops of water in an ocean of shooting guns and brutally murdering other players. No respect will ever be given to the medium until games like Journey or Portal are put on a bigger pedestal and shown to non-gamers as an example of compelling, intelligent creations that deserve to be given attention by non-gamers.

None of that changes the fact that FengShui's post was perfectly fine and you're just using the headache thing as a childish way of insulting him for pointing out his opinion of the medium.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By FengShuiGod

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@FengShuiGod: I agree with your points but when people outside of the industry who don't even play games decide to comment on how stagnant and immature it is...at the risk of sounding immature, they can bite me. If the Bomb crew or Jaffe, or even yourself, someone who's played a lot of games wants to talk about that, thats another thing entirely.

I think they had played games, they just weren't "hardcore" gamers. They were mostly talking about how E3 showcased a lot of conservatively iterated sequels from big franchises, and this was because video game sales were down and no one wanted to bet a lot of money on something that might not work. Their opinion on how stagnant the blockbuster hits have been the past few years at least shows how the video game industry seems to those outside it, and their perceptions, legitimate or not, expose a legitimate problem.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FengShuiGod said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

I think they had played games, they just weren't "hardcore" gamers. They were mostly talking about how E3 showcased a lot of conservatively iterated sequels from big franchises, and this was because video game sales were down and no one wanted to bet a lot of money on something that might not work. Their opinion on how stagnant the blockbuster hits have been the past few years at least showed how the video game industry seemed to those outside it, and their perceptions, legitimate or not, expose a legitimate problem.

Yeah I gotcha, I just think they need to look into it a bit more if they're gonna talk about it. A big part of the sorta snoozefest that has been E3 this year is part of it being the last year before new consoles. It's a lot of known quantities and safe bets, nobody's really gonna go out on a limb with the next gen right around the corner. And the series that still sell huge are series that are sequels like CoD and Gears and the like.

Your point remains though, I think playing to the market is what causes stagnation and the real interesting innovative stuff comes from the smaller devs who don't have to worry about selling enough to pay a staff of 200 people.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#168  Edited By shinboy630

@Gizmo: Please keep me posted on how that chart is filled out throughout the show :P

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#169  Edited By AhmadMetallic

@UnrealDP said:

@Napalm said:

@UnrealDP said:

@Breadfan said:

This has probably already been requoted, but this. It sucks and this community's awesome, but that chat is just such an atrocious downer.

Yeah, it is bad, especially when you want to express a relatively tame opinion, it gets overshadowed by idiots spamming racist and sickening things over and over again.

EDIT: set up an IRC channel that was about a hundred times better, devoid of the racist/hurtful shit.

No matter the live stream, something about a live chat attracts the worst people and opinions, or something along those lines. That IRC's also a good tip.

It's under moderation at all times and I do not allow racism, spam, flooding, or simply being mean or hurtful. Just a big pack of duders having a good time, that's what it's all about in the GB IRC and voice server I run.

P.S. Kudos to for building the IRC for us and for creating the webchat portal (since it's originally a mIRC channel not webchat).

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Not me I was loving the Ubisoft conference

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#171  Edited By ttocs
@Bourbon_Warrior said:

Not me I was loving the Ubisoft conference

Same here.  I thought it was one of the better ones.  Sony was the best so far with Ubi close behind.  EA was meh and Microsoft just bombed.
emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By emergency

The people who are actually enjoying the show, are not chatting shit in chat.

flufflogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#173  Edited By flufflogic

It's a pretty mediocre year, but that's because it's the end of a console cycle. All the big bombastic stuff's been held back for the big reveal next year, so we're just seeing the last drips being wrung out of this hardware. It's no biggie.

And of course the chat is bitchy. It's for quick off the cuff soundbytes.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Well, Microsoft and Sony did put on a frankly horrific show.

Usher.

Ubisoft did a bit better though. Anyway, Nintendo's today and they're usually pretty good: Won't have to put up with Generic Shooter 17 or Annual Sport Iteration.

thesquarepear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By thesquarepear

There were a lot of haters for Microsoft and EA (I bet you will all still play Halo, COD, DS3 and BF to death) but at least all the sarcasm, hate and Ubisoft made Sony's shitty conference bearable. Even though Sony made sure noone would be heard booing because some bribed blogger was screaming his lungs out I could still hear a lot of laughing, hehe.

I'M ON A SHIP

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#176  Edited By ReyGitano

I don't even own a PlayStation 3 but as a gamer I enjoyed the Sony show the most this year. In years past it's just been montage after montage and statistics after statistic, but this year it felt like they better understood who was watching. and kept the focus tighter on the games... it's just too bad they didn't have many to show since it's getting to the end of the cycle. Jack Trenton was actually out there talking like a human being that works for a living instead of a trained dog jumping through hoops. Also the hoops are on fire.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#177  Edited By Dagbiker

@JacDG said:

Man, you guys are really bumming me out, I was looking forward to chatting about the E3 with the community, but the negativity going on in the chat during press conferences is startling, almost sickening. Why does everything shown need to be met with negative and sarcastic comments? 90% of the comments are as annoying, generic and old as the games you apparently feel the need to insult every year, you don't like shooters and sports games, maybe don't watch the EA press conference, they do the show pretty much the same stuff every year, why are you all so surprised, maybe you don't like the games but that is really not an excuse to insult, bitch and moan, some people might actually be excited about the new Medal of Honor or whatnot. Maybe I should just stop paying attention to the chat unless it's about some Valve or Blizzard thing, because otherwise I'm probably just going to be disappointed in this community, maybe I just forgot how it always is, I was just hoping for more maturity out of this community, guess not.

I dont have a problem with Shooters, Fps's is another topic. I just dont like being treated as uninteligent, If your going to make a game, at least make a good back story, and defiantly come up with a better enemy then brown people.

JackLumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By JackLumber

@Irvandus said:

Welcome to how the Video Game audience has been since 2011 as far as I'm concerned.

What? Since last year? What exactly happened last year to make everyone so cynical? fucking weird comment

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

1st world problems!

Scarlet_Rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Scarlet_Rogue

@JackLumber said:

@Irvandus said:

Welcome to how the Video Game audience has been since 2011 as far as I'm concerned.

What? Since last year? What exactly happened last year to make everyone so cynical? fucking weird comment

Yeah the video game audience has been like that forever. Curious as to what specifically happened to in 2011.

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By deanoxd

@JacDG said:

Man, you guys are really bumming me out, I was looking forward to chatting about the E3 with the community, but the negativity going on in the chat during press conferences is startling, almost sickening. Why does everything shown need to be met with negative and sarcastic comments? 90% of the comments are as annoying, generic and old as the games you apparently feel the need to insult every year, you don't like shooters and sports games, maybe don't watch the EA press conference, they do the show pretty much the same stuff every year, why are you all so surprised, maybe you don't like the games but that is really not an excuse to insult, bitch and moan, some people might actually be excited about the new Medal of Honor or whatnot. Maybe I should just stop paying attention to the chat unless it's about some Valve or Blizzard thing, because otherwise I'm probably just going to be disappointed in this community, maybe I just forgot how it always is, I was just hoping for more maturity out of this community, guess not.

I have felt the same way today, i didn't like the MS show, i enjoyed EA and Sony but i ended up just making the feed full screen and ignoring the chat all together. And it makes me nuts when i see the way people act and i would feel embarrassed if people outside of gaming saw how some people behave and would associate me with that.

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#182  Edited By ventilaator

Yeah you guys, when you're shown utter irredeemable crap, you should clap for it. EVERYTHING IS ALWAYS GREAT YOU GUYS

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Ares42

I'm not gonna defend whatever was said in the chat (as I mostly ignored it myself), but hasn't half the fun of E3 become about how awfully stilted and awkward the conferences are ? Ever since the streaming and televising of the show began it has become this "it's so awful, but I can't look away" thing. I don't even really watch the conferences for the games anymore as the coverage later in the week shows them off way better. The whole thing is sorta just begging to be shit on, as noone has really figured out how to deal with this new scenario of being a public show. Just think back like 7 years before anyone outside the theater really watched the thing. Noone was even talking about what was going on. But with the massive exposure there has become a need for change, and noone has reacted accordingly. At the moment it's just sorta like some bad TV show you would only watch because it's fun ripping on it.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#184  Edited By sammo21

@TheSouthernDandy: to be fair, Dead Space has been more about the horror of the atmosphere, level design, and audio use...even the first Dead Space you could get pretty badass about half way through. I don't think Dead Space was ever horror centric as people give it credit for. There were elements of horror and I am sure they will carry over to three.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By swoxx

@AhmadMetallic said:

@UnrealDP said:

@Napalm said:

@UnrealDP said:

@Breadfan said:

It's under moderation at all times and I do not allow racism, spam, flooding, or simply being mean or hurtful. Just a big pack of duders having a good time, that's what it's all about in the GB IRC and voice server I run.

P.S. Kudos to for building the IRC for us and for creating the webchat portal (since it's originally a mIRC channel not webchat).

GB IRC chat is where it's at.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#186  Edited By me3639
@nickux said:

@JacDG said:

Thank you! My thoughts exactly. If you think the users are bad, the so-called professionals out there are way worse. Check out Alex Navarro's Twitter feed, for example, it's nothing but negativity and snarky little comments. It's a shame, really. You're not allowed to like anything it feels like. It's ok to be let-down by things, I am not too thrilled with the direction Dead Space is going, for example, but people are losing their minds over E3.

Totally on board with your guys thoughts. The communities are starting to reflect a lot of the personalities on sites, which for a majority is not a good thing. As someone who enjoys games, and different platforms, every game i have seen so far i want to, and will play. As for those who are complaining if you think you can do better, star coding.
stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By stryker1121

@JacDG: I don't endorse bitching but there's deffo some game fatigue out there combined w/ what many people see as an uptick in sketchy business practices. Combine all that w/ a lack of creativity, many games trying to ape what works w/ the big hitters, and you're gonna have a lot of cynicism and smart-ass remarks. Plus, you know, the overall coarsening of society in the Web 2.0 world.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By stryker1121

@believer258 said:

@PEIWARRIOR said:

I think the Microsoft press conference got everybody fired up because of how little they focused on the actual games. Kinect and the bad xbox dashboard does that to people. :)

That.

I only caught the tail end of the EA E3 show and in 20 minutes they showed more video games than Microsoft did at all, though I can't be certain of the rest of the show since I didn't see it all.

I'm most interested in Dead Space - how did it look?

DS3 looks very pretty, but man am i bummed about the direction of the franchise. Huge reliance on action, human enemies, cover mechanics and a profane co-op partner. Your mileage may vary on these types of things but none of these are good additions in my book. Need to see more, and if there's any horror left in the solo campaign.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@Swoxx

@AhmadMetallic said:

@UnrealDP said:

@Napalm said:

@UnrealDP said:

@Breadfan said:

GB IRC chat is where it's at.

Yep, was using the IRC and the community discussion threads opposed to the GB chat, much better. I recommend checking out both, I'll be using them again for the Nintendo conference in 1 hour and a half or so.
warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By warxsnake

turn off chat, shit looks better fullscreen anyway

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Sooty

It's just boring, even The Last of Us isn't particularly exciting, high production values, then Uncharted type action.

I don't even know if it's just E3 being boring or me getting tired of western gaming being so samey in recent years.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#192  Edited By Bollard

Ubisoft conference was 100% positive (apart from the stupid hosts). That shit was dope.

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By tmthomsen

The chat made the Ubisoft conference worth watching for me.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By kishinfoulux

This isn't just E3...gamers are just whiny, babies. They are never pleased. I'm so sick of hearing people groan and moan over stuff like "ugh another shooter", or "ugh they killed this franchise", etc. If the games are good that's all that matters. Get with the times. Games aren't like they used to be. The sooner you realize that, the more fun you'll have.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By McGhee

The only thing that makes the chat fun is making fun of the bullshit.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By CL60

The chat is fucking annoying as hell.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By oraknabo

I try to stay positive, but it's hard sometimes.

The console companies are only interested in non-game entertainment and one-upping each other with motion control hardware and the publishers are too focused on MMOs, social games, flogging yearly franchises to death and DLC schemes.

It's really only the quality of a few of the games themselves that makes me even care about any of this shit anymore. Just be thankful that there are talented, creative game designers out there that have some influence on the publishers.

I actually spend a ton more time playing old games I got on GOG than new ones these days anyway.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By intro

It wasn't like anything was there to be excited about. MS and Sony didn't announce/tease their new consoles, all the games are just Halo 4, Gears 4, etc. People weren't happy with where Splinter Cell is going (or looks like it's going) or the hint that there will be day one dlc. Sony then showed a movie, a book and a good game I personally think looks fun (last of us).

Only thing I enjoyed seeing was Watch Dogs, a new IP.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecb7058c6151
deactivated-5ecb7058c6151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe people are fed up with the same franchises running over and over at the same expensive price and no any original ideas whatsoever . I was expecting people to be negative though i am sure many trolls are enjoying these times when a big conference is happening :/

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dalai said:
It's the internet. We're all a bunch of cynical assholes. I'm not surprised.
Oh my God....  Your profile picture, thats amazing!  I forgot what I was going to say now....