• 190 results
#51 Edited by Ares42 (2443 posts) -

This is part of a larger topic that I wouldn't dream of discussing here (as it would just instigate hate), but GB as a "business" is not thriving. It's making good business at the moment on the momentum it built being a pioneer site, but in a market that's quickly evolving they will not be able to stay competitive.

The problem isn't so much that GB has changed but rather that the audience has.

#52 Posted by AssInAss (2400 posts) -

@assinass: Actually it was ZombiU. My point was that he can do with loosening up seeing as he's like, the fourth most active Giant Bomb reviewer after Alex, Jeff and Brad respectively, he doesn't need to come to every game wearing a fedora.

I'm fine with the level of "looseness" of Patrick right now, I sometimes want the more informed perspective (see all the threads complaining about misinformed quick looks).

Jeff is more of a hipster if you think about it. The constant references to obscure stuff in the past, nostalgia bombs, not getting super excited for any major games.

#53 Posted by Alekss (327 posts) -

there's also less quick looks. maybe it's because of the drought from the beggining of the year, but I don't remember it last year.

#54 Posted by Jams (2956 posts) -

@ares42 said:

This is part of a larger topic that I wouldn't dream of discussing here (as it would just instigate hate), but GB as a "business" is not thriving. It's making good business at the moment on the momentum it built being a pioneer site, but in a market that's quickly evolving they will not be able to stay competitive.

How has the audience changed? In what way do you think the audience changed what they want? Are you talking about the over all audience, non community or community participants?

#55 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

Tired? Of course they're tired. They aren't taste testing energy drinks at the beginning of the podcast anymore.

Listen to this user. He/she knows the true problem.

#56 Posted by Brodehouse (9370 posts) -

I actually do have to agree with Superkenon, it feels like the energy level is on the rise. The Friday show returning is a good thing. I do agree that I don't get why all of the premium content requires either Jeff or Vinny. Patrick should have had that new computer months ago. Ryan doesn't even write reviews anymore, aside from sitting on the chair during live stuff the grand total of his workday appears to be fucking around on Twitter. How does Alex manage to do the most news writing and editorials, the most product reviews, and still make videos and yet Brad, Patrick, Ryan..?

I'll tell you what I don't necessarily like... is live Quick Looks. Doing them live means they run too long and they aren't... functional. They're a fun time, like most live stuff, but they're not the functional, let's show off some of this game thing they used to be. The occasional game going an hour makes sense when there's a lot of stuff to show, or the game is just wowing... but now it seems like 48-70 minutes is the usual length and that's crazy. If you're going to spend all that time playing games live, you might as well do an Endurance Run and actually get into something that you can use as a real site feature.

@assinass said:

Jeff is more of a hipster if you think about it. The constant references to obscure stuff in the past, nostalgia bombs, not getting super excited for any major games.

Except none of the things Jeff likes or references have any conspicuous worth. Nobody is going to give Jeff a high five because he's into Bimini Run or early 90s Bay Area rap tapes. People will rally behind Patrick 'fighting the corporations' and spending his time focused on critical darlings and anything else that gives him some kind of indie cred. My interests actually fall frustratingly close to Patrick's, but with him it seems wholly conspicuous and grasping.

#57 Edited by EnduranceFun (1114 posts) -

@assinass: It does lend itself to dismissing bad games out-of-hand, however, especially first-person shooters. I also wouldn't call his the 'informed perspective,' I'd say everyone else on staff has better knowledge of games than Patrick.

#58 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (4445 posts) -

We'll see what happens as the year progresses. Hopefully after GDC they'll pick up the pace.

#59 Edited by TheVeteran13 (1197 posts) -

No.1 Complaint:

WHERE IS LOAD OUR LAST SAVE?

#60 Edited by Marokai (2637 posts) -

Things are better than they were for most of last year, but if the bar was lower than that it'd be in the dirt. I agree overall things are on the uptick, but I still would like to know what the hell occupies most of Ryan's time (who seems to do literally nothing from an outsider's perspective except host TNT and is on sick leave every two and ahalf weeks). Unprofessional Fridays kicks ass, though, after a couple years of failing to get the "random weekly live show" thing right over and over again they finally nailed what's fun; just playing random games and requiring everyone to show up so the banter is great.

That's ultimately the key to saving premium content on this site; requiring it. No more "we'll do a PC game every two months and maybe on TNT Patrick and Brad will show up" stuff, schedule that shit. Their time seems (almost by their own admission) horribly mismanaged. Unprofessional Fridays is a nice sign, but I'd like to see more of Bradley May Cry, and whatever happened to Load Our Last Save? Subscription content is just still really uneven and there's honestly no good reason for it at this point.

But yeah, the Patrick content. Man. There's just a hell of a lot of it. I'd really love to see some sort of breakdown showing the proportion of Quick Looks each staff member has been in in the last year, because I feel pretty safe in betting that Patrick is far and away #1 in QL appearances as a percentage of overall QLs in the last year.

@ares42 said:

This is absolutely true and a great point I wish they would put some thought into. For all the cutting edge talk Jeff likes to throw around with this site, I'm still waiting for something bold and new to happen. With the PS4, for instance, basically including capturing software in the box itself, everyone in gaming can really soon be a content producer. This scene is going to get a lot more competitive a lot faster and "video game sites" like this are losing fast because they're not doing enough to justify their existence. Though this topic may be a bit heady for this thread.

#61 Posted by Krullban (984 posts) -

It's the truth that many people on this site are ignoring. It's brought up enough to know it's a real issue that people are having with the site.

#62 Posted by Tarsier (1052 posts) -

i agree that there is too much patrick. i dont like the moany political articles. you are onto something with the way he communicates with the other GB members. he does seem to take things over and wash everything down into a level where nothing actually ends up being said. its like he wants everyone to take the middle ground as to not offend anyone (for example anything that has to do with nintendo).

but the subjects he is interested in, his intentions and political views are usually pretty clear. you can see them by looking at the things he chooses to write about/talk about. i think him and jeff probably agree politically, and jeff probably enjoys the articles im talking about. i dont see anything being done about this, jeff is the boss isnt he? we are stuck with this.

i dont hate patrick. but i dont like the strength of his influence on giantbomb as a 'thing'. i dont want him to go away, i just want him to chill, stop writing about politics, feminism, violence and 'important issues related to videogames', and maybe only go on the podcast every 2nd week. lol

#63 Posted by bombedyermom (221 posts) -

If I was throwing an amount of money at them that was actually substantial or somehow had impact on my life, then I might care about slumps in content. But honestly, 60 bucks a year aint shit guys.

They have a lot on their plate for such a small crew. So the obvious solution would be to bring in more people to spread the work around, right? Because the last time they brought someone new in, the community was really nice and cool about it, right?

Complaining about a lack of content and Patrick's abundance of work in the same paragraph seems kinda silly.

#64 Posted by Mirado (948 posts) -

@snail said:
@hh said:

the only thing wrong with this site is the festering swamp of immature users that greatly overestimate the value of their own opinions

If they pay for it, they've got the right to complain out loud. What's wrong with that?

No! We don't get the "right" to complain out loud. And people who aren't subscribers aren't automatically censored because they don't have medals under their profile picture. That isn't how this site has ever operated. By becoming a premium member, we have the right to view content labeled as "for subscribers", we have the right to view archived HD versions of TNTs, the right to avoid seeing ads, and we get swanky medals. We used to have the right to exclusive HD content access, and we were supposed to get some "premium profile features", but that isn't the case anymore.

That's it. That's it! It never said "your voice counts more", or "you get to steer the ship". You don't lose the right to bitch if you haven't paid, and you don't gain it by paying. You can just bitch, and if enough people bitch perhaps they'll do something about it....or not. You can argue that a non-paying member shouldn't talk shit about premium content, and I'll give you that, but neither you nor I have any more say than anyone else as to how this site is operated. If the content they put out is garbage, people will stop watching it, and that'll influence their decisions. That's all the power any viewer has; to choose to view or not. If you are unhappy with your subscription....don't pay in anymore. That's all the extra power a premium member has: to resub or not. That's all the power paying in has afforded you.

I have no idea where people came up with the thought that premium members can complain all they like as if a) they are the privileged few that can do so or b) that their brand of bitching counts for more than anyone else's. A regular user can have a salient point without a medal. A subscriber can be completely off base.

GB is going to do what it has always done. If that isn't what the audience wants, they should do their best to correct that. But they have no obligation to listen to subscribers just because we subscribe. If their numbers show that people aren't resubbing, then, and only then, should they see if there's a majority opinion on something. But that's only subscriber content. For the general flow to the site, I don't see why subscribers automatically get to complain about Patrick and non-subs cannot.

TL;DR: Outside of premium content issues, subscribers aren't given the right to complain about anything more than the average user.

#65 Posted by crazyleaves (629 posts) -

@claude said:

Does this mean the party is over?

#67 Posted by Ares42 (2443 posts) -

@jams said:

@ares42 said:

How has the audience changed? In what way do you think the audience changed what they want? Are you talking about the over all audience, non community or community participants?

Not talking community specific, and I think it's pretty obvious that how people consume videogame related content on the Internet has drastically changed since GB started (considering GB was a major factor in driving that change). People are seeking videogame related entertainment more and more these days. We have gotten used to an endless stream of YT videos and a plethora of "unending" livestreams to choose from. We see the complaints here all the time, and they have even responded with things like more substantial and obscure QLs and livestream shows.

#68 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Of course this devolves into a 'Patrick ruins everything' thread.

#69 Posted by Marokai (2637 posts) -

@delicioussandwich said:

Restrict Patrick to just writing articles, and keep him away from the video/podcast and everything is solved. Or just fire Patrick, I don't care.

This not only clearly isn't going to happen, but it's also totally stupid. Patrick has the capacity to be completely awesome (see: his Monster Hunter QL) it's just that he wears too many hats and has frustrating negatives we should be encouraging him and GB to work on. That is far more realistic and is basically impossible to argue with. Everyone wins.

#70 Posted by casper_ (882 posts) -

@joshthebear: well people apparently have strong opinions on him and how he affects giant bomb so i wouldn't discount people criticizing him even if its done without much tact.

#71 Posted by Fattony12000 (6357 posts) -

Duder, It's Over.

#72 Posted by Kerned (1168 posts) -

@marokai: the troll, you are feeding it

#73 Posted by Example1013 (4749 posts) -

Man, has it been 6 months already?

#74 Edited by Snail (8473 posts) -

@mirado said:

@snail said:
@hh said:

the only thing wrong with this site is the festering swamp of immature users that greatly overestimate the value of their own opinions

If they pay for it, they've got the right to complain out loud. What's wrong with that?

No! We don't get the "right" to complain out loud.

Bullshit. As long as it's civil and constructive criticism, why would people not have the right to complain? Are you not for freedom of speech or something?

I mentioned premium users because, naturally, non-premiums users generally shouldn't be able to provide much insight into the current state of premium content - at least via first-hand experienced. I never said that being a premium member gives you more right to complain or not.

Moreover, the argument of "it's free, so don't complain" (which I find ridiculous) doesn't even apply to premium content in the slightest.

#75 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4655 posts) -

I'm here for the podcast.

#76 Edited by ripelivejam (2802 posts) -
@marokai said:

@delicioussandwich said:

Restrict Patrick to just writing articles, and keep him away from the video/podcast and everything is solved. Or just fire Patrick, I don't care.

This not only clearly isn't going to happen, but it's also totally stupid. Patrick has the capacity to be completely awesome (see: his Monster Hunter QL) it's just that he wears too many hats and has frustrating negatives we should be encouraging him and GB to work on. That is far more realistic and is basically impossible to argue with. Everyone wins.

i'm sure patrick is pretty well fucking aware of where he needs to work on. he does seem to have "improved" in the ways so many so loudly request he should (and which really weren't necessary or should have been expected from him). other times he (rightly) doesn't care.

and yes, there are 4 other members of the core staff that should equally share blame for the SUPPOSEDLY terrible condition of the site (i do not share that opinion; recently subscribed as i love this site so much, fairly recent community sourness notwithstanding).

arguably besides the video editing vinny functions in pretty much the same capacity that ryan does. just to say ryan has a place as a personality, and maybe he does a lot that we don't see just as vinny does (in a way). i'm not trying to shortchange either.

edit: also these threads seem to go absolutely nowhere and only serve to feed the recent antagonism that's breeding on the site imo. i think people should just try to enjoy the site for what it is and not be so nitpicking/bitchy all the time.

#77 Edited by Snail (8473 posts) -

@hh said:
@snail said:
@hh said:

the personal attacks and the nit-picking about habits the crew have, even when it's positive, it's just weird, it wouldn't be tolerated for long in a social environment, to scrutinize people so closely, but it occurs online because the people who do it have no clear perspective on the implications of what they're saying.

This is so true, and it annoys me deeply.

Frankly your post seemed addressed at me which I didn't understand. I've never indulged in one of those obnoxious rants. I think my post earlier in this thread was the first straight-up complaint that I submitted to the site, and it was about how Brad and Patrick don't really make for a great time when Quick Looking a game together, something which I think made the Walking Dead QL something less than entertaining (as well as Patrick dissing the graphic novel, because what the fuck was up what that).

#78 Edited by FLStyle (4396 posts) -

Ask me this again a year after the new consoles have launched.

#79 Posted by ripelivejam (2802 posts) -

i can understand wanting your money's worth, but ultimately it's their site and they'll choose to staff and run it as they see fit. given that, i think they're probably the most receptive site to user comments that i've ever seen.

#80 Edited by HH (523 posts) -

@snail: my bad, it wasn't addressed at you, i just switched from "they" to "you" at some point as if i was shouting at them from a podium or something.

#81 Posted by EVO (3782 posts) -

Giant Bomb peaked a few years ago. I haven't watched it, but I think most people would agree the best content this site has produced is the Persona 4 Endurance Run. People want another Endurance Run, but Giant Bomb don't care.

#82 Posted by Pie (6936 posts) -
#83 Posted by Snail (8473 posts) -
@pie said:

@snail: Shut up snail

You're still around? I haven't seen you in ages. You shut up pie.

#84 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Things have gone downhill, but jeff said on his tumblr "if cbs didn't buy them giantbomb would not has lasted 2 more months." So this is better than no giantbomb.

#85 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (1855 posts) -

All of the GB members have flaws and generally say stupid things a lot of the time - Brad's overtly defensive argumentation, Jeff's old man hipsterisms, Ryan's deflection of NDX, and Patrick's overtalking. We don't get enough of Drew or Dave, at least as a non-subscriber, to really tell what their "personality flaw" is when it comes to this stuff and Vinny's the next Internet's Dad. I guess his flaw is sometimes not taking a hard enough stance on games... I guess. If you haven't picked up on these you either haven't been around long enough (and by that I mean these flaws are instantaneously obvious) or you just want to direct your anger for little to no subscriber content at Patrick. Or you're just an asshole.

But seriously, all of the guys can be annoying at times. You just have to deal with it and take the bad with the good.

@evo said:

Giant Bomb peaked a few years ago. I haven't watched it, but I think most people would agree the best content this site has produced is the Persona 4 Endurance Run. People want another Endurance Run, but Giant Bomb don't care.

Because last time that went so well. Let's face it, the P4ER was a fluke.

#86 Edited by EnduranceFun (1114 posts) -

@siroptimusprime: To be fair, last time it was Ryan and Patrick. I and many others loved the last Jeff and Vinny Endurance Run.

I would definitely love to see another from those two, but who wouldn't? You're right it was a fluke in that it was a rare time when both men had enough spare time to play through an entire long JRPG at work. That is no longer the case and may never be again.

#87 Posted by Mirado (948 posts) -

@snail said:

@mirado said:

@snail said:
@hh said:

No! We don't get the "right" to complain out loud.

Bullshit. As long as it's civil and constructive criticism, why would people not have the right to complain? Are you not for freedom of speech or something?

I mentioned premium users because, naturally, non-premiums users generally shouldn't be able to provide much insight into the current state of premium content - at least via first-hand experienced. I never said that being a premium member gives you more right to complain or not.

Moreover, the argument of "it's free, so don't complain" (which I find ridiculous) doesn't even apply to premium content in the slightest.

I'm not saying people do not have the ability to complain; they do so very often. I'm saying that premium members are not the exclusive holders of the power to bitch, and that whether a medal hangs around your avatar or not, you can speak your mind with whatever meager effect that has. My point is you don't quite understand what the word "right" means, and your line about freedom of speech is hilarious when it comes to a website. We don't have "freedom of speech" on a moderated forum. That's the whole point about it being, y'know, moderated.

Your original comment did not pertain solely to premium content, and you did in fact state that "if they pay for it, they've got the right to complain". That's exactly my problem; your opinion about quick looks, content that is free to all, isn't more valid because you pay. I'm glad to see you read all of one line and took to commenting immediately.

You could have at least read the last line, where you'd see I'm not arguing that you shouldn't complain. Simply that, outside of premium content, you gain no more validly of criticism by being a premium member.

#88 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1358 posts) -

(This is the beginning and end of my participation in this thread. I know that's a bit hit-and-runny, but no good will come from a drawn-out debate. This is my opinion -- you're free to disagree.)

I worry I'm going to come off as a dick writing this, but I've been visiting the site way less lately, and Patrick is a large part of the reason why. I think the entire crew have been getting more negative, cynical, and kind of burnt-out sounding for a while (and I say this as someone who's been listening to old Bombcasts lately), but I've hit a point at which I don't think I can deal with Patrick anymore. I've tried to come to terms with him, but if anything, his growing confidence is amplifying his problems -- he speaks in a way that implies he has a Jeff-like level of credibility, but the things that come of out of his mouth betray that at every turn. That's not to say that Jeff never goes too far, but at least when he does, it rarely sounds actively hostile or trying to convey a sense of authority on the matter.

I'm sick him calling everything he doesn't like shit/terrible/awful; needing to have an opinion on everything, regardless of whether he knows what he's talking about; blatantly interrupting others, often to put words in their mouths; monopolizing conversations with facile, long-winded statements; delivering speculation/opinion in an authoritative (or "of course...") way; expecting others to pat him on the back for (occasionally) not being closed-minded, which is on some level his job; and getting his facts wrong startlingly often for a self-described journalist.

I think I know why he bugs me more than most: I used to be (albeit when I was 19-20, not 27), and sometimes still am, a lot like him. I realized at a certain point that I didn't like to hang out with people who define themselves by what they hate, don't speak with nuance, can't just say "I don't know", and need to be the smartest person in the room; I realized I was more like that then I wanted to be; and I started trying to change my behaviour. I know that must sound terribly patronizing, but it's the truth -- Patrick (or at least his public persona) is the kind of person I actively avoid in life, and am happier for it. This is also why I avoid Twitter like the plague, but that's a different conversation entirely.

I find myself cringing through so much of Patrick's content that I'm strongly considering unsubscribing from the Bombcast, which I've listened to for ages. I avoid almost all of his quick looks, which is unfortunate as he tends to cover the games I'm most interested in/curious about (indie games aside). I've got a premium subscription that's paid through to June 2014, but if I didn't, I probably wouldn't be a premium subscriber anymore.

P.S. Don't take this as saying nobody's allowed to like Patrick. I think some of what he says is unjustifiable, but a lot of it's just a clash in personality types and approaches. I just find him stressful to listen to, and don't want to subject myself to it anymore.

#89 Edited by JZ (2125 posts) -

Actually patrick is the problem in the other way than your thinking. If everyone else worked as hard as he does at makeing content, we'd have the amazing jeff and vinny quicklooks we so crave. If it was not for patrick we'd have like one quicklook a week if that.

#90 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4038 posts) -

I dunno, I feel like they've been pretty consistently solid for a while now. They have their good days and bad days like anything else, but I don't feel like there's been some massive dip in quality like some people make it out to be.

The Patrick hate is another thing I just don't get. I suppose it comes down to more of an opinion than anything else, but I personally just don't see what about him drives people up a wall. I mean, people seem to fucking hate him with every fiber of their being and that anger seems a bit misplaced if you ask me. Meh, whatever. I suppose if you gave him a british accent and fedora or a leather jacket and made him scream all the time, maybe people would hate him a lot less...

#91 Posted by Pie (6936 posts) -

@snail said:
@pie said:

@snail: Shut up snail

You're still around? I haven't seen you in ages. You shut up pie.

Oh I never left

#92 Posted by ripelivejam (2802 posts) -

I dunno, I feel like they've been pretty consistently solid for a while now. They have their good days and bad days like anything else, but I don't feel like there's been some massive dip in quality like some people make it out to be.

The Patrick hate is another thing I just don't get. I suppose it comes down to more of an opinion than anything else, but I personally just don't see what about him drives people up a wall. I mean, people seem to fucking hate him with every fiber of their being and that anger seems a bit misplaced if you ask me. Meh, whatever. I suppose if you gave him a british accent and fedora or a leather jacket and made him scream all the time, maybe people would hate him a lot less...

note to staff: patrick now needs to do everything whilst wearing a hot-dog suit.

#93 Posted by Kraznor (1573 posts) -

Maybe they are doing too much? Between all the streams, paid exclusive videos and Quick Looks, they have to kind of be "on" all the time, resulting in tired, grouchy personalities rather than perky, up-beat ones. I consume maybe a tenth (MAYBE) of their weekly output because there is simply too much of it. I don't care about TNT, or whatever the Friday show is, or most of the Quick Looks that happen, so I only see a small fraction of what they do and yeah, they seem tired from what little I do see. Maybe if they did less, the quality of what remains would bump up? I don't know, I'm primarily a consumer of the podcast nowadays, there is just too much going on in this here games industry, a bunch of which hardly matters to me anymore. The information age! Kojima warned us this would happen a decade ago. WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN!?!?

#94 Edited by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -
#95 Edited by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

I understand your point the content is nowhere near as entertaining as it used to be. I havent genuinely laughed at the crew since that quick look where the guy tried to fly the helicopter and failed miserably. Alex puts up a good article here and there but besides that and the rare podcast that Patrick is absent, the content has been pretty bland. They have your subscription money already though and the crew rarely acknowledges any complaints from the community that made this site what it is. So I dont see any changes happening anytime soon.

#96 Posted by Devil240Z (3054 posts) -

I still don't get why people don't like patrick this all just reads as a patrick hate thread and its not needed.

#97 Edited by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

@devil240z: Post number 88 in this thread basically sums up why I dislike him in better words than I can. Maybe if you read some of the thought out posts instead of just putting on your defense force suit and being completely ignorant you would know why some people dislike him. Unfortunately I dont expect you and a few others that do the same thing to do that.

#98 Edited by MEATBALL (2787 posts) -

I agree that, from the outside, it certainly seems like whatever's going on over at CBSi seems to be eating up a lot of their time compared to the way things ran over at Whiskey Media. But I could very well be entirely wrong, it's hard to know over here on the sidelines.

I feel satisfied by what I get for my subscriber money, though, between subscriber content, TNT archives on the site and the ability to download any video. Though I would like to see one or two features that are more produced than the typical "let's turn on a camera and do a thing" (stuff like TANG, for instance), that said, the content that Giant Bomb's current methods produce is still pretty great.

I don't think Patrick is "taking over the site" he seems about as strongly featured as any other staff member, but I do agree that he could work on not over-explaining things. Whenever he pilots a Quick Look I often find myself extremely bored, but sometimes this also happens when other people are trying to explain a game and its mechanics in depth. It's partially a matter of perspective, I think, if I were coming to Quick Looks for information I'd probably be happy, but most of the time when I'm watching Giant Bomb content it's to be entertained more than anything. That's where I think Patrick can be awesome in Quick Looks when he's not piloting, he tends to ease up a bit and just have some fun, particularly if he's with Vinny (obviously Giant Bomb's special sauce).

Love the site, and I really like everyone on the staff, when you see/hear these guys talk about so much stuff they're bound to say something that annoys you every now and then, and I might complain about that, but ultimately I don't hold it against any of them, the whole crew are pretty damn awesome.

#99 Edited by Devil240Z (3054 posts) -

@devil240z: Post number 88 in this thread basically sums up why I dislike him in better words than I can. Maybe if you read some of the thought out posts instead of just putting on your defense force suit and being completely ignorant you would know why some people dislike him. Unfortunately I dont expect you and a few others that do the same thing to do that.

I stopped reading at "Jeff-like level of credibility", shit is fucking ridiculous.

#100 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (1855 posts) -

@deathstriker666: OF COURSE HE IS. The All-father.

@devil240z: I don't know man. I'm probably called part of the GB Defense Force but I like these threads. At least when they stay within bounds of actual conversation, like this one is sitting in. Most of the redditards left awhile ago and the relatively sane community stuck/are giving actual arguments. If Patrick reads comments/threads as often as he says he does then threads like these are important to have if they don't become festering shitholes.