#1 Edited by Aegon (5706 posts) -

Other than Transistor and some other indie games that'll be covered in future Giant Bomb vids, what happened at PAX? Did anyone run into something that got them super excited? Any cool reveals? It kinda feels like nothing much went on over there. I guess it was Boston good.

At least there's GDC coming up with a freaking 90 minute Kojima conference.

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

DuckTales.

Woo-ooo.

#3 Posted by FLStyle (4768 posts) -

PAX isn't the sort of event where things are meant to happen? Panels, indie games and general festival activities are the name of the game.

#4 Posted by CollegeGuyMike (390 posts) -

I never really thought of PAX as being a big reveal event, it's more of a gathering-together-and-hanging-out type thing, no?

#5 Edited by endoworks (290 posts) -

I say the most fun I had was Dive Kick. I dont know if I would ever play that game at home but playing it in public against other people was super awesome. I would have liked to played Transistor but the 3 hour wait was crazy. Oh ya and free shirts.... A lot of people at the event seemed to like what they saw of Elder Scrolls online.

#6 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

I heard Ryan drank breast milk.

#7 Edited by Aegon (5706 posts) -

@sexytoad said:

wat

Wait, is this something that was discussed during the panel (SPOILERS) ?

#8 Posted by natetodamax (19212 posts) -

You'll want to watch the Giant Bomb panel when it goes up on the site. Hopefully it hasn't been spoiled for you. It was... life changing. It's unfortunate the Cards Against Humanity panel wasn't recorded, because it was fantastic. One fan suggestion made Ryan leave the room briefly.

Other than that, it was a lot of hanging out with other peeps from Giant Bomb. There weren't a lot of games at the show I was interested in waiting for besides Transistor and Saints Row IV, which were both terrific. It was a great time.

#9 Edited by Shaka999 (487 posts) -

@flstyle said:

PAX isn't the sort of event where things are meant to happen? Panels, indie games and general festival activities are the name of the game.

I don't feel like much ever happens at pax, but usually more that this. It seems like there aren't ANY new stories this year, rather than the 1-2 we get out in the past.

Or maybe my memory isn't great.

#10 Posted by Pr1mus (3953 posts) -
@voxel said:

One fan suggestion made Ryan leave the room briefly.

Something too shocking even for Ryan!?

#11 Posted by Aegon (5706 posts) -

@pr1mus said:
@voxel said:

You must tell me what it was (please don't be related to "the Jews").

#12 Edited by Jazzycola (662 posts) -

People got together and played games. This isn't E3, even if it's supposedly getting closer to being that. I really don't understand why companies would ever announce anything at PAX. The people at PAX are the same ones that would already know whether or not it existed anyway. E3 is broadcasted on television and is seen not only by "gamers" or the gaming media, but also the general media.

#13 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5147 posts) -

Sony admitted the PS4 was a huge mistake but they are very confident in the P5 (or Play 5tation).

I don't know what exactly is supposed to happen at PAX, it's just a gathering of gamers where some companies show their games but rarely announce them there.

#14 Edited by ds8k (414 posts) -

@voxel said:

Please share with the rest of the class.

#15 Edited by GorillaMoPena (2218 posts) -

The Dive Kick hype train drove through town and nearly killed us all. Elder Scrolls Online gave fake currency to buy real beers with, and a Steel Battallion room.

#16 Posted by BisonHero (6674 posts) -

They revealed the name of the Double Fine Adventure, and launched the website for the game. It is called Broken Age.

#17 Posted by pyromagnestir (4327 posts) -

@aegon said:

@pr1mus said:
@voxel said:

If I recall correctly it was related to vaginas.

#18 Posted by natetodamax (19212 posts) -

I can't reply to people on the mobile site (or on the full site on iPad, which is unfortunate) but a girl suggested "When you fart, and it goes into your vagina" and after a dozen or so other women shouted "YES!" when asked if that actually happens, Ryan ran out the side door.

#19 Edited by Aegon (5706 posts) -

@voxel said:

I can't reply to people on the mobile site (or on the full site on iPad, which is unfortunate) but a girl suggested "When you fart, and it goes into your vagina" and after a dozen or so other women shouted "YES!" when asked if that actually happens, Ryan ran out the side door.

That is f***ing disgusting. Very surprising that others were willing to admit it happens.

Does anyone have decent cam footage of the panel?

#20 Edited by getsomedrankHowardPhillips (52 posts) -

@ds8k: The joke was a white card suggestion for Cards Against Humanity.

"Laughing at your mother because she can't stay married"

#21 Posted by Razorlution (186 posts) -

I would say the biggest reveal was Hearthstone from Blizzard.

#22 Posted by Milkman (17034 posts) -

@aegon said:

@sexytoad said:

wat

It wasn't "discussed" during the panel. It was the panel.

#23 Edited by TinyGrasshopper (231 posts) -

@voxel said:

That was the best moment of the cards against humanity panel (i sat in front of that girl, not that that's relevant) but I don't think that that was the moment that made him run out. the run out moment was before that

#24 Posted by Brewmaster_Andy (522 posts) -

Ryan drinking breast milk was the end point for all future PAX panels. Nothing will ever compare.

#25 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

Im trying to come up with a witty Lost refrence. Nut ive been yp for like 32 hours.

#26 Posted by casper_ (907 posts) -

all i know is capcom announced some shit that wasn't darkstalkers 4

#27 Posted by Demoskinos (15019 posts) -

I'm beyond hyped for this PAX panel archive to go up on the site. Did Vinny or anyone give a time frame for it?

#28 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2036 posts) -

@aegon said:

@pr1mus said:
@voxel said:

If I recall correctly it was related to vaginas.

@aegon said:

@voxel said:

That is f***ing disgusting. Very surprising that others were willing to admit it happens.

This was actually during yesterday's Cards Against Humanity panel in which Jeff and Ryan were guest hosts. I remember being pretty shocked at that revelation myself (I can confirm it's what made Ryan walk out the door) and I think it has a shot at becoming a new Cards Against Humanity card.

Unfortunately I think the only actual footage taken from the panel was the one someone had streaming on ustream yesterday night from what I heard; not sure whether or not that got archived.

@shaka999 said:

@flstyle said:

I don't feel like much ever happens at pax, but usually more that this. It seems like there aren't ANY new stories this year, rather than the 1-2 we get out in the past.

Or maybe my memory isn't great.

Yeah PAX isn't usually a place for announcements but it's more so a chance for gamers to gather and enjoy some things that are up-and-coming while journalists can converge and get to enjoy what's in the works in the indie side of things.

Off the top of my head the biggest things to come out of PAX East is more information for Supergiant Games' up-and-coming Transistor, Iron Galaxy's two-button fighting game Divekick and Capcom announcing the remake, DuckTales: Remastered.

#29 Edited by CollegeGuyMike (390 posts) -

@aegon said:

@voxel said:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/30302927

At 1:55 is when that particular suggestion was given.

#30 Posted by EpicSteve (6494 posts) -

DiveKick was the talk of the show. Oh, and I saw Ryan shoot breast milk.

#31 Posted by Daveyo520 (6862 posts) -

iPad connection problems.

#32 Edited by MarkWahlberg (4606 posts) -

@aegon said:

@voxel said:

how i read that:

Does anyone have decent cam footage

NONONONO

of the panel?

...oh.

#33 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4643 posts) -

@casper_ said:

all i know is capcom announced some shit that wasn't darkstalkers 4

Brother, you share my pain.

On a serious note though, PAX isn't a reveal event on the level of something like E3. It's more of a gathering than anything else. The fact so many companies are there is more so attendees always have shit to do. Go check out some cool unreleased games, play some board games, check out some panels, meet people, etc.

#34 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

@voxel said:

My worldview has been destroyed. Nothing will ever be the same again. >_<

#35 Edited by mrfluke (5271 posts) -

DiveKick was the talk of the show. Oh, and I saw Ryan shoot breast milk.

no shit really?!, ha, good for those guys, never would have thought.

#36 Edited by mrfluke (5271 posts) -

i believe people were tweeting there was also a marching band and a mariachi band at the giantbomb panel.

@demoskinos: this week, drew said by either tuesday or wednesday hopefully.

#37 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1140 posts) -

Borderlands 2 content. Blizzard's new F2P card game. DuckTales and Dungeon and Dragons remakes. Final song for Rock Band DLC.

On top of a lot of new indie titles that will hit over the next year or so. Overall, I think it was a pretty damn good PAX for gamers.

#38 Posted by mrpandaman (866 posts) -

@aegon said:

@sexytoad said:

wat

wait

Don't most of us drink breast milk?

#39 Posted by endoworks (290 posts) -

@daveyo520: That omegathon final was hard to watch. You can only clap and cheer for spaceteam so many times before you just want it to end. Glad Penny Arcade agreed1

#40 Edited by JasonR86 (9744 posts) -

@aegon:

Ducktales, Mega Man, breast milk, and inappropriate jokes about aids and dead child actors.

That pretty much sums it up.

#41 Posted by Daveyo520 (6862 posts) -

@endoworks: I was wondering why they didn't just let them all win much sooner. But when it worked it was fun. Would have been much better if it was in better conditions but oh well. A great final game to play.

#42 Posted by endoworks (290 posts) -

@endoworks: I was wondering why they didn't just let them all win much sooner. But when it worked it was fun. Would have been much better if it was in better conditions but oh well. A great final game to play.

Completely agree. When it was working it totally rocked to see on stage!