#1 Posted by MocBucket62 (1247 posts) -

I just got extremely excited about seeing the image from the movie Wreck-It Ralph. The premise is pretty cool because its about an 80's video game villain who's sick of being a bad guy and want to be a hero for once. However, the picture above has the main character, Ralph, goes to a video game villain support group and as you can tell in the pic, Bowser, Dr. Robotnik, Dr. Wily, and Zangief (though don't think he's a villain) are in this group.

Other characters confirmed for the movie include a Pac Man ghost (don't know which one), Big Daddy, and Kano! I won't spoil anything else, but I'll say this, Disney actually doesn't tone down characters like Kano AT ALL!

#2 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

@MocBucket62: They can't not turn down Kano, he can't just go out rip heads off.

#3 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3066 posts) -

What is Ralph wrecking? Vaginas?

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

So it's going to be like the video game version of Who Framed Roger Rabbit? I am sold on this concept, as long as the original creators have some type of creative input in how their villains are portrayed. But that's a minor point, so I'm sold, I guess.

#5 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

So it's going to be like the video game version of Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

DUDE THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WAS GOING TO SAY

#6 Posted by betterboulder (190 posts) -

I'm certainly optimistic. I can barely count one time I've been severely disappointed in a Disney movie, so hopefully Wreck it Ralph keeps their streak.

#7 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@ShadowConqueror said:

God, I fucking hope so.

#8 Posted by Wunder_ (1171 posts) -

This sounds hype. I'm hype!

#9 Edited by MocBucket62 (1247 posts) -

@ShadowConqueror: Absolutely. You see, in the game he's in, he's out to wreck as many vaginas as possible before Fix-It Felix comes in to stop his sexual deviant plans. Classic Disney Plot!

#10 Posted by ajamafalous (12039 posts) -
@MocBucket62 said:

@ShadowConqueror: Absolutely. You see, in the game he's in, he's out to wreck as many vaginas in his video game world as possible before Fix-It Felix comes in to stop his sexual deviant plans. Classic Disney Plot!

I'm on board.
#11 Posted by Sackmanjones (4741 posts) -

Is this some kind of sick joke or is this real?

#12 Edited by MocBucket62 (1247 posts) -

@Sackmanjones: The film is legit, its coming out in Thanksgiving this year

#13 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

meh looks alright.

#14 Posted by rmanthorp (4009 posts) -

Here is the first trailer. Looks neat.

#15 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

This looks like a beautiful movie and I hope it's good. Also, holy shit there were a lot of cameo villains in that villain support group scene. Bowser, Robotnik, Zangief, Pac Man ghost, Kano, M. Bison, and the robot with a buzzsaw looks really familiar.

#16 Posted by Sergotron (493 posts) -

So does that make Zangieff and Bowser Disney characters as well? I want to my Bowser themed Mickey Ears!

#17 Posted by Whampire (58 posts) -

I'm actually surprised at myself... because I am totally, totally into this after seeing that trailer.

#18 Edited by MocBucket62 (1247 posts) -
@TheFreeMan: Not to mention they got some VG heroes for cameos too like Q'Bert and Chun Li. 

Edit: In the tralier, pause at 1:49 for Paperboy.
#19 Edited by DerBonk (108 posts) -

That may very well be even better than The FP. Qbertese? Hell yeah! Really surprising that they have so many known faces in there. could be really, really awesome and just shows how far games have come. They are now deeply integrated into our culture, no matter what some politicians say.

Edit: Gotta love one YouTube comment I saw on this: "More games than at E3 in this..."

#20 Edited by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

Onboard the moment i saw Bison and Chun li. And gief ofc.
#21 Posted by Capn_Crisp (12 posts) -

Totally geeking out for this movie.

That image in the first post-- is that a leaked photo from Disney or something? It looks like placeholder stuff compared to the real trailer, and there's no Dr. Wily anymore.

#22 Posted by medacris (666 posts) -

I'm definitely seeing this.

Disney seems like it's been a friend of gaming for many years now, so it's a natural fit.

#23 Posted by Butano (1746 posts) -

It looks great! I'm hoping more characters will be around. The TF2 crew fit perfectly for the art style.

#24 Posted by Little_Socrates (5683 posts) -

Was honestly more excited before I saw the trailer. The references might be spot-on, but the movie looks forgettable.

Would probably rather just watch Indie Game again.

#25 Posted by stise (89 posts) -

@MocBucket62 said:

Disney actually doesn't tone down characters like Kano AT ALL!

I wonder how they'll keep their rating without toning down Kano...

Prediction: Kano flips out at villain support meeting, zealously plunges arm through Pac-Man Ghost, to no effect. He retracts and looks quizzically at his empty hand, confused at the absence of a still-beating heart. Receives brief nonplussed stare from rest of the group before meeting continues as if nothing had happened.

#26 Posted by SMTDante89 (2599 posts) -

I don't know... maybe? I'll probably see it, I was grinning throughout the trailer, so that's probably a good sign.

#27 Edited by Silver-Streak (1369 posts) -

Wreck-it Ralph is the closest the world has ever gotten to Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter. Kano and M. Bison in the same goddamned room.

Also, since when is Zhangief a bad guy?

#28 Posted by Aegon (5704 posts) -

If this is a Disney thing then they should have something KH related in there. Maybe just a Sora cameo. 

#29 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

For the love of all things in this universe and all others PLEASE LET THIS BE GOOD!!!

#30 Posted by Subjugation (4725 posts) -

That trailer made me smile. I hope this is good. I'll probably see it no matter what. You know video games have become an accepted part of our culture when Disney makes a movie about them.

#31 Posted by jakob187 (21691 posts) -

My video-game-pop-culture-nerdiness boner is raging so hard right now.

#32 Edited by KaneRobot (1689 posts) -

Between Kano, the not-quite-Castlevania 1 music at the 32 second mark, the seemingly Donkey Kong/Rampage mash-up the game is based on, and the Q*Bert conversation...I'll see this.

#33 Edited by Codeacious (960 posts) -

I... I can't...

I need to lie down... wake me up when this is released.

#34 Posted by RainbowRaccoon (125 posts) -

Yep I'n hype for this.

#35 Edited by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Got hype. Also, John C. Reily is fucking awesome.

#36 Posted by Smashlampjaw (220 posts) -

Best movie of the year

#37 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

@ShadowConqueror said:

It's code for prison sex. Don't ask me how i know.

#38 Posted by Danteveli (1197 posts) -

It looks like something totally for me.

#39 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6201 posts) -

Sure I might watch it.

#40 Posted by ShrimpDino (97 posts) -

I can't wait to see the Wreck it Ralph movie :D

#41 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Concept is cool, execution judging by the trailers, not so much.

#42 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

@betterboulder said:

I'm certainly optimistic. I can barely count one time I've been severely disappointed in a Disney movie, so hopefully Wreck it Ralph keeps their streak.

Ratatouille.