So that Dawnguard beta...

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Justin258

Did anybody happen to get in it or get any emails about it?

EDIT: Aw, frack. I have once again made a thread and forgot to put it in the right forum. It's supposed to be in the Skyrim forum.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

No such luck. Not that I had high hopes. I never get into these sort of things.

Totori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Totori

isn't it really odd to have a beta for a single player add-on to a single player game?

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By benjaebe

@Totori said:

isn't it really odd to have a beta for a single player add-on to a single player game?

Helps them iron out bugs I think, at least that's what the Steam beta updates for Skyrim have helped with, as well as getting community feedback to updates and such.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

@Totori: Think about how broken Bethesda DLC always is, maybe somehow they'll be able to find the game breaking bugs before releasing it to the public. Probably not though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@Totori said:

With a game as complex as Skyrim, no. If it was something like Call of Duty where players have a limited set of actions, yeah, that would be a little weird. Skyrim as so many variables that they need a mass of people to punch at it until it breaks.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@benjaebe said:

@Totori said:

Helps them iron out bugs I think, at least that's what the Steam beta updates for Skyrim have helped with, as well as getting community feedback to updates and such.

I was really bummed when they didn't give it to us Steam folks, considering we've been on the BETA train this whole time. Oh well.

@Irvandus said:

@Totori: Think about how broken Bethesda DLC always is, maybe somehow they'll be able to find the game breaking bugs before releasing it to the public. Probably not though.

I've never had the experience that Bethesda DLC is broken. Flawed design? Sure. Broken? No more than the games already were.