#1 Posted by WolfHazard (461 posts) -

Looks like it's back to Borderlands 2 until Wednesday! Anyone else's get canceled, or will you be enjoying AC3 tonight.

#2 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

You made me call to make sure of this. When I did he told me as long as there is power it's still going to happen at Gamestop at least. So please for the love of god power please stay on.

#3 Posted by RE_Player1 (7551 posts) -

I think you'll survive if you have to wait a little longer to get a video game.

#4 Posted by Irvandus (2826 posts) -

Makes perfect sense. Don't fight hurricanes, you can't win.

#5 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

For me I'm right next to gamestop because I'm at work anyways so it's not to hard getting there. But I like the midnight releases because I like to be social with the people there since it's easy to talk to them for obvious reasons of us all being gamers.

#6 Posted by Hailinel (23972 posts) -

Who the fuck attends a midnight release in a hurricane?

#7 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3805 posts) -

Desmond would take that hurricane to school.

#8 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I hate midnight releases because they remind me how fucking annoying the average gamer is.

#9 Posted by Trains (134 posts) -

I'm too hipster for midnight releases.

#10 Posted by _Chad (963 posts) -

@Sooty said:

I hate midnight releases because they remind me how fucking annoying the average gamer is.

And smelly. It's not like deodorant is expensive.

#11 Posted by Phatmac (5723 posts) -

PLEASE DON'T RISK YOUR LIFE DOING ANYTHING STUPID FOR A VIDEO GAME. STAY INSIDE AND BE SAFE.

#12 Posted by cannonballBAM (591 posts) -

@Irvandus: word.

#13 Posted by Intro (1206 posts) -

Hahahahaha, thankfully I have a PC and will just download it toni..... what? Ubisoft delayed it? No, this can't be...

But yeah going to midnight releases are just annoying to me.

#14 Posted by Bones8677 (3214 posts) -

Clearly this Hurricane is a tactic by The Templars. They don't want you to buy Assassin's Creed 3!

#15 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Intro said:

Hahahahaha, thankfully I have a PC and will just download it toni..... what? Ubisoft delayed it? No, this can't be...

I wouldn't call the PC version "delayed"  
It's just Ubisoft being themselves and releasing the game on PC almost a month later, nothing new there. Sadly they don't care that much about PC gamers for some reason. 
Maybe because everyone else forced them to get rid of their DRM and they said "Fine, fuck it, we'll do it for Assassin's Creed 3" so now they're just scared of what might happen when those angry kids figure out that there's another kind of DRM on it :P
#16 Posted by me3639 (1730 posts) -

Im really a dumb-ass. I would have downloaded off ps3 but instead pre ordered at Gamestop for the Xbox.

#17 Posted by Captain_Insano (1528 posts) -
#18 Posted by PillClinton (3290 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

People with their priorities in order, duh.

#19 Posted by Lukeweizer (2618 posts) -

My copy hasn't been shipped yet. They usually arrive on release day, so I'm going to do what everyone is doing and blame the Hurricane.

#20 Posted by Intro (1206 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

@Intro said:

I wouldn't call the PC version "delayed" It's just Ubisoft being themselves and releasing the game on PC almost a month later, nothing new there. Sadly they don't care that much about PC gamers for some reason. Maybe because everyone else forced them to get rid of their DRM and they said "Fine, fuck it, we'll do it for Assassin's Creed 3" so now they're just scared of what might happen when those angry kids figure out that there's another kind of DRM on it :P

Another member posted this a few days ago and I feel like it has to be brought up again just for the laughs (it was the first time I've seen it):

GameSpy: So when's the PC release date?

Ubisoft PR: October 30th.

GameSpy: Yeah, but when's the real PC release date?

Ubisoft PR: It's October 30th.

GameSpy: Uh huh. And can you say that with a straight face?

Ubisoft PR: You can ask me as many times as you like, but the answer will be the same.

GameSpy: Very well, let's move on. So, when will you announce the delay of the PC version?

Ubisoft PR: ...

#21 Posted by WolfHazard (461 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

I just found out about the hurricane last night and didn't think it would be this bad, I mean it's not even that bad in my areareally, I understand precautions but meh it's just wind here.

#22 Edited by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Intro said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Intro said:

I wouldn't call the PC version "delayed" It's just Ubisoft being themselves and releasing the game on PC almost a month later, nothing new there. Sadly they don't care that much about PC gamers for some reason. Maybe because everyone else forced them to get rid of their DRM and they said "Fine, fuck it, we'll do it for Assassin's Creed 3" so now they're just scared of what might happen when those angry kids figure out that there's another kind of DRM on it :P

Another member posted this a few days ago and I feel like it has to be brought up again just for the laughs (it was the first time I've seen it):

Ubisoft PR: You can ask me as many times as you like, but the answer will be the same.

GameSpy: Very well, let's move on. So, when will you announce the delay of the PC version?

I haven't read that before but that made me laugh. 
It's just that at this point they might call it a delay but it's not, it's just how it works. 
It's been that way for all the other AC games so it's to be expected :P
#23 Posted by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -

@Intro said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Intro said:

That is hilarious. Please tell me that actually happened and that there is a video of it.

#24 Edited by Intro (1206 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

@Intro said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Intro said:

That is hilarious. Please tell me that actually happened and that there is a video of it.

It was a text interview I think. If they asked it in person and had it on video I'd probably never stop watching it. But as far as I know, yes, that did actually happen.

Yeah I understand, I'm not mad about the "delay" or anything. Everyone saw it coming lol.

#25 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

don't do anything crazy.

i work at a grocery store. for some reason we are still opened. taco bell closed because of the hurricane. taco bell is like right next door to it. we're just going to be getting wind it looks like.

#26 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

I called to make sure gamestop had a midnight release and said if the power is on then it's still going to happen. Got off work and the power was on right there but they were closed anyways. Thanks a lot gamestop.

#27 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7056 posts) -
@Lord_Xp

I called to make sure gamestop had a midnight release and said if the power is on then it's still going to happen. Got off work and the power was on right there but they were closed anyways. Thanks a lot gamestop.

Sounds like the higher ups canceled them across the region. Probably wasn't the store people.
#28 Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) -
#29 Posted by Hunter5024 (5555 posts) -

I came in this thread to call you a piece of shit for spelling cancelled wrong, and then I looked it up and found that I've always spelled it the British way, and you were totally right.

Anyways you guys are too down on midnight releases, as a nocturnal lizard person, not having a midnight release is basically like releasing your game a full day later to me.

#30 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

ahh, you may be right. I hope that it's open today for me to get it. Or maybe I'll just break in and get it since I already have it payed off so it's not stealing, just breaking and entering.