Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4330 posts) -

Long time lurker, first time user here. I guess I manged to skim through the site and forums for years without feeling the need to make an account, until now of course. Now that it looks likes GB is going to start cranking out more premium features I think I might actually jump on board with the premium sub.

I should probably put some more stuff in here but nothing else is coming to mind right now. I've become a lot closer to PC now that I'm starting to notice the age of my 360 and PS3 so it will be fun to watch how the next-gen will turn out from the safe zone of my PC. So with that, yeah this website about video games (a video game website) seems to be pretty cool!

#1 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4330 posts) -

Long time lurker, first time user here. I guess I manged to skim through the site and forums for years without feeling the need to make an account, until now of course. Now that it looks likes GB is going to start cranking out more premium features I think I might actually jump on board with the premium sub.

I should probably put some more stuff in here but nothing else is coming to mind right now. I've become a lot closer to PC now that I'm starting to notice the age of my 360 and PS3 so it will be fun to watch how the next-gen will turn out from the safe zone of my PC. So with that, yeah this website about video games (a video game website) seems to be pretty cool!

#2 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2004 posts) -

Welcome to the site! I've actually been a premium member since they first offered it like three years ago and I've been really satisfied with it since. This is probably one of the only sites I'll be able to commit to like that!

I've also recently transitioned from the consoles to the PC. Still a few games I've got on a PS3 backlog, though!

#3 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

Welcome!

#4 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

Welcome dude!

#5 Posted by asian_pride (1654 posts) -

GTFO.

...I'm just kidding. Welcome to Giantbomb duder! :)

#6 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3786 posts) -

Get outta here you damn dirty hippie. We don't want your kind.

Ok you can stay.

#7 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie:

Welcome to the boards proper.

You bring up an interesting point, it seems like I've seen more and more posts about people wanting to get into PC gaming as this console generation spirals into Rip Van Winkle territory. Are you playing the same games as you would on the consoles, or have you gotten into the diverse indie scene on PC?

#8 Posted by wewantsthering (1551 posts) -

Welcome. If you have any need for relationship advice, the GiantBomb forum is the first place you should look for help.

#9 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4330 posts) -

@Ravenlight: Yeah I'm mostly just getting the PC ports of third party games like Darksiders 2 and Borderlands 2 plus some PC exclusives. I haven't gotten too much into the indie scene.

@wewantsthering: Where's the Ryan.jpg?

#10 Posted by wewantsthering (1551 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@wewantsthering: Where's the Ryan.jpg?

You only post it when people actually ask for the advice. :-D

#11 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Yo! Welcome!

#12 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie: u sound hawt. gimme dat ASL boo

#13 Posted by bemusedchunk (668 posts) -

Toasting in epic bread.

#14 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4330 posts) -

@awesomeusername: only if u link me yo myspace first, then ill link u mine stud

#15 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie: i dnt yuze myspace. i want 2 yuze yor space doe. nomnom

#16 Posted by Yummylee (21270 posts) -

Alright.

#17 Posted by Apocralyptic (164 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie: Welcome! When I started I was impressed how friendly the folks here at GB were. In fact I ended up on this site because I wanted to participate in a gaming community and people here seemed the friendliest and most laid-back. Although, I probably could have done with fewer cartoons of anthropomorphised poo in my welcome thread.

#18 Posted by csl316 (8123 posts) -

I'd say watch the links in my mini profile but you seem to be well versed already.

#19 Posted by jimmyfenix (3829 posts) -

fuck ryan davis