So Ubisoft revoked my Far Cry 4 key

This topic is locked from further discussion.

babylonsean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Not sure if this is the right place to post about this, but here goes. I purchased Far Cry 4 for PC from G2A.com about 2 weeks ago. Last Friday, I opened up Uplay and it had disappeared from my library. I called Ubisoft and they informed me that I had purchased a "Fraudulent Key," and that I needed to contact G2A for a refund. I did so, and G2A told me I needed to provide proof that Ubisoft revoked my key. I took screenshots, etc. and since then I have not heard back from G2A. After doing some research, it looks like Ubisoft is revoking a huge amount of keys from consumers that purchased the game from multiple discount retailer because they are "Fraudulent." They have not specified what fraudulent means, but I have a serious bad taste in my mouth of the whole thing and wonder if this was a poor move on Ubisoft's part given their recent slew of horrible PR moves (buggy game releases, DRM issues, etc.) Should I be as pissed at Ubisoft as I am? As of now, I am extremely angry with them, for I feel that they are punishing me as someone that at least attempted to pay for one of their games, instead of taking action against the retailers that are supposedly providing consumers with "Fraudulent Keys." What are your thoughts on this?

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I'd be more pissed at G2A for selling stolen merchandise. Like, if you bought a stolen guitar at a pawn shop, would you be mad at the guitar company for pursuing the guitar and getting it back when it's revoked? Or would you be mad at the pawn shop that didn't check into the merchandise? That situation is similar, except the retailer is actually worse in this case, knowingly reselling keys obtained through surreptitious means. I know for a fact that one of the sites targeted by Ubisoft's revoke specifically was buying Humble Bundle keys and reselling them, which is pretty despicable.

I dunno', I feel your pain but I think your anger should be redirected towards the people who actually wronged you. I also think you need to PURSUE G2A.com for your money. Don't take them not responding lying down.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Theres already at least 2 threads about this but yeah its a poor move from Ubisoft.

tuxfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ubisoft could be a little more clear, but ultimately the real issue is with G2A.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

This is a poor move on your part for buying a key from hackers.

You got scammed!

If you blame Ubisoft you're an idiot. They didn't scam you.

If you're not sure who you should be mad at let me give you a hint. THE PEOPLE WHO SCAMMED YOU! Get mad at the website that scammed you.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sorry you have to go through this, dude. It's shitty and I hope Ubi comes to their senses about punishing the consumer soon. I haven't checked to see if they revoked my key from Green Man yet. Does anybody know if Ubisoft has added them to the list of places selling fraudulent keys?

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen plenty of people cite G2A as a dodgy key reseller before, but at the same time they sponsor a lot of Esports stuff, so they can't be too bad? But still, they sold you a dodgy key, that's on them, not on Ubisoft.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By htr10

Ubisoft is not the only company that has revoked/cancelled keys sold on G2A. G2A is officially bad news and I feel sorry for anyone who got ripped off by them. Search online and you will see that elsewhere this topic is a featured story.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By splodge

If you payed using a credit card, maybe go to your credit card company and try get a chargeback done on the transaction. It is likely that G2A will contest it, but sometimes internet companies don't bother. They sold you something they weren't entitled to which led to you being out of pocket. Might be worth a try.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Justin258

I guess people should be buying Ubisoft keys - or PC games in general - from Steam, Uplay, or good ol' physical copies from now on. Or maybe Amazon.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry you have to go through this, dude. It's shitty and I hope Ubi comes to their senses about punishing the consumer soon. I haven't checked to see if they revoked my key from Green Man yet. Does anybody know if Ubisoft has added them to the list of places selling fraudulent keys?

i know people love to hate on ubi and eager to jump at their throats, but as mentioned multiple times this isn't their fault and they are within rights to block keys sold by this scam website. it's a shitty situation but blame G2A for being scumbags.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Shitty situation but it isn't Ubi's fault. Could've gone about it better on their end, but ultimately you bought the product from a third party that sold you bad merchandise, that is on them (and you), not Ubi.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jesus_Phish

Sorry that it happened to you, but ultimately the fault is G2A for allowing stolen goods to be sold on their market place. Ubisoft aren't to blame. You did actually buy a fraudulent key.

And since Far Cry 4 is currently less than 50% of the market value on G2A I think it stands to reason that they're up to something.

Let the buyer beware and all that.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GunslingerPanda

You shouldn't be pissed off at Ubisoft, you should be pissed off at yourself for using G2A.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

First time I remember hearing about something close to this was the massive blocking of Sniper Elite III steam keys that were stolen from the developer and re-sold on a bunch of discount sites. That really, really sucks but that's kinda one of the things you gotta be wary about when purchasing from a discount site not approved by steam / ubisoft / origins. Hopefully they refund your money back.

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

G2A works and up until now there has been no real reason to not use it other than on moral grounds I guess. You pay them and they get you a steam key, fairly simple. Getting on a high horse and saying people shouldn't have trusted a service that's worked fine for ages doesn't help anyone. As everyone's already said, Ubisoft should be pursuing the sellers themselves rather than retroactively taking away copies of the game with little explanation.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You bought games from a site notorious for stealing creditcards for their own fraudulent purchases. You could have done more research on G2A before going through with a purchase.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I assume you bought this with a credit card? Try to cancel the transaction.

Sucks to be you, but, not really ubisofts fault it seems. Don't use G2A again. Or, do so and know what you're getting in to.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#19 FinalDasa  Moderator

There are already threads for this here.