• 54 results
#1 Posted by Roomrunner (892 posts) -

In this rough week, has anyone been playing some random games to take a moment to breathe; or has this been a "nah, fuck video games" kind of a week for you?

Two games have been sitting in my drawer wrapped forever, and this seemed like the best week to finally start them. Katamari Forever (old, I know), and Paper Mario: Sticker Star. I thought they'd be good choices for this week.

Katamari took me out of the funk a bit, but put me right into another with all the mean remarks from The King. Man, that dude is such a shitbag.

Sticker Star though, is even more fun and charming than I expected. It's actually helped take my mind off things for a few moments.

What I really wanted to do though was download Super Mario Bros 3 on 3DS. Not on the VC there yet, unfortunately.

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Lots of minecraft wile listening to old bombcasts...like...LOTS...like...I have an area mined out that wont all load on the 360 version.

#3 Posted by ManlyBeast (1175 posts) -

Been playing hotline miami and a little fear 1. STEAM SALE

Trying to not come to giantbomb because its too depressing. Only thing that is going to make things better is when the boys return but that could be a while.

#4 Posted by MetalGearSunny (7003 posts) -

Played some Mass Effect multiplayer and like an hour of Persona 4 Golden, but that's it.

#5 Posted by Demoskinos (15141 posts) -

Played some Tekken Tag 2 with @smokeyd123 , played some Saints Row 3 um...what else oh some Hotline Miami today and just now some Counterstrike:GO that I picked up on Steam Sale. Yeah, the first day I was super bummed but you can't stay glum forever. It does you no good. Better to get out there and enjoy life!

#6 Posted by Itwongo (1245 posts) -

Animal crossing, but mostly watching old videos. Tried to buy Hotline Miami, but it crapped out on me and told me to contact Steam Support.

I should finish Saints Row

#7 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5985 posts) -

I've been playing Dark Souls and Fire Emblem. They've helped to take my mind off of other things. I'll probably continue my recent play through of A link to the Past at some point as well.

#8 Posted by Kaiserreich (740 posts) -

Tried to, but mostly I've been watchin Ryan stuff here and on youtube. Steam sale is a nice distraction now.

#9 Posted by figurehead00 (145 posts) -

Actually went back to Skyrim after a long time and listening to old Bombcasts. I just started at the beginning. I miss drink reviews.

#10 Posted by Slag (4864 posts) -

it's been definitely a "fuck video games" week for me. I've spent more of my free time on here than normal.

Finally started Mirror's Edge last night though, first game I've played in maybe 7-8 days.

#11 Posted by HubrisRanger (488 posts) -

I've not played a whole lot, but watched about 10 hours of people playing Fortune Street online. If I had a wii remote lying around somewher eI'd buy that in a heartbeat.

#12 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

@the_laughing_man: basically what I'm doing, loads of minecraft. Those blocks won't craft themselves.

#13 Posted by Dalai (7069 posts) -

I basically wrapped up Rogue Legacy (it's awesome) and I'm about 80% through Dust: An Elysian Tail (also pretty good). After Dust, I'm not sure, but it's probably going to be something I buy from the Steam sale.

#14 Posted by Shepuisat (29 posts) -

Playing the Dota 2 tutorial while listening to old Bombcasts. Bugger me, I'm way worse than Brad.

#15 Posted by captain_clayman (3328 posts) -

I've been playing Chrono Trigger on DS and enjoying it throroughly. I played through Red Faction 1 before I heard the news, then I tried playing Red Faction 2, but the combination of grieving and taking painkillers due to wisdom teeth removal, I haven't really been energetic enough to play a lot of games. I did purchase Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, Cave Story + and Rogue Legacy on steam, and will probably be playing those next week. If I can find someone to trade me some cash for a $30 Macy's gift card, I also want to get Tomb Raider and FTL on steam.

#16 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -

Playing A Link to the Past for the first time. Well, I had it as a kid, buy my 7-year-old self never even made it to the Master Sword. I'm finding it much easier to wrap my adult mind around it, but I'm currently stuck wandering around this dungeon when I got the 2nd tier power gauntlets, there's a maiden following me around asking me to "take her outside." She won't go near the light though, so I suspect she's Blind the Theif in discuise. I'm not sure what the hell to do with her, I've wandered through every room of the dungeon and I'm not sure there's anything left. They're feeding me crap tons of bombs, and there are lots of cracked tiles on the top floor, but the bombs do nothing. I think it has something to do with breaking the floor so a sunshaft reaches into the lower floor into the room marked with a skull (which is currently empty), but for the life of me I can't figure out how to break the floor. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, and I'll hate myself when I finally stumble upon it. Nobody tell me, I refuse to use a guide.

...so, yeah. Video Games at their finest..

#17 Edited by mrfluke (5341 posts) -

kinda trying to break my attachment to GB a bit, as watching the backlog bums me the hell out.

playing XCOM.

#18 Posted by psylah (2185 posts) -

playing Metroid on an NES I found cheap.

#19 Edited by DarthOrange (3893 posts) -

Battle Royale mostly, along with a little bit of Killzone 2 and Umbrella Chronicles.

#20 Posted by ZombieKitty (103 posts) -

I have been playing Divinity 2....... Oh so clunky.... but oh so fabulous.

#21 Posted by BigJeffrey (5177 posts) -

Max Payne 3 on 360 DONE, Persona 4 Golden in progress.

#22 Posted by allgrinzz (160 posts) -

Saints Row 3, starting from scratch with a Ryan Davis Avatar, going to finish all the challenges and then take him to Saints Row 4. Cheesy, but it makes me feel a little bit better I guess.

#23 Posted by Capum15 (4992 posts) -

A random mix of Cube World, Skyrim (probably tied in playtime for the week), Magicka and Half Life 2. Decided to kick my annual HL2 run off this week. But then the sale happened and now I have the Borderlands 2 Season Pass and Endless Space Gold.

Also going to find the Cards Against Humanity TNT tomorrow.

#24 Posted by RioStarwind (578 posts) -

Since I was already playing through every single Legacy of Kain game at the start of the week I just finished the last one today. Now I'll start up Dust: An Elysian Tail since I've had it for a while but never got around to it.

#25 Edited by tread311 (357 posts) -

In the last week I have finished Fire Emblem, Dark Souls, and Nier. No clue what to play next though my available game time is about to decline greatly.

#26 Posted by believer258 (12185 posts) -

Far less than I wish I had. Man, I feel like I've spent most of the week on forums. And those weeks are never good.

#27 Posted by Clonedzero (4196 posts) -

I've been playing a shitload of the Witcher 2. Like ALOT. 2 playthroughs in the last like 2 weeks. Did both paths.

Really great game.

#28 Posted by xxizzypop (578 posts) -

Weirdly, I picked up Resonance of Fate for the PS3 and I've been messing with that. Having a JRPG to focus on was nice when the news broke. But I keep trucking on AC:NL, just bought Sang-Froid, Scribblenauts Unlimited and Endless Space on Steam, keeping an eye out for Rogue Legacy to hit a flash sale and seeing what else I can pick up.

#29 Posted by kerse (2118 posts) -

I played a little bit of pokemon showdown, played quite a bit of minecraft. I usually play minecraft as something to do while listening to the bombcast if I am not working or walking somewhere. Yeah not much this week, between the news and my summer composition class, I can't really play much video games. I didn't do any writing on monday or teusday though. I'm glad all I had to do was an essay revision this week, and that I didn't have a whole lot to revise about it.

#30 Posted by bigevil1987 (131 posts) -

Picked up a copy of Syndicate and Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise. Wanted to drown my sorrows in some cyber future badassery and adorable inbred pinata creatures.

#31 Edited by Aetheldod (3723 posts) -

Been playing a lot of The Banner Saga Factions while seeing stuff in here and on youtube. (War documentaries for that matter :/ )

#32 Posted by Redbullet685 (6084 posts) -

Really just been playing Last Of Us multiplayer. But I just bought Bastion for $2.24 on Steam so I'm gonna play that soon (beat it twice on 360 when it first came out)

#33 Posted by Elwoodan (874 posts) -

I just ended up with FF13-2 and Dragon's Dogma, probably not a good idea to play them simultaneously but I have more free time than common sense.

#34 Edited by clumsyninja1 (816 posts) -

Playing the Last of Us this week (trying anyway) but with Ryan's news is been kinda of INTENSE. Also, add that the Walking Dead.

#35 Posted by Monkeyman04 (1215 posts) -

I've been playing FF7 (steam version) in hour sprints on and off this week. Kinda hard to kept my mind focused for anything longer.

#36 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

I've been playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf when I've had time. Today was a good day. I paid off the museum expansion, the Nooks' shop upgraded to a supermarket, and the hair salon opened. That game is the perfect way to relax.

#37 Posted by DarkShaper (1349 posts) -

Mostly Fire Emblem Awakening, it's good to have something that you can't play while thinking about other things.

#38 Posted by armaan8014 (5443 posts) -

Been mostly like, fuck video games. But i've been staying with friends in hostel since that day so as to have some company, and been playing lots of FIFA 13 with them.

Hate that game and I keep yelling, along with laughing at the stupidity of the game with my friends. That helps

#39 Edited by ArbitraryWater (12108 posts) -

I'm playing through Resident Evil 6, and the biggest surprise for me is that I don't hate it (Do I think it's a well-made video game? Probably not). I'm not sure if it's me putting the quality of games into perspective when compared to the loss of human life, or that I'm far more forgiving of anything with the Resident Evil name than I should be. Either way, a welcome distraction from reality.

#40 Edited by Ghost_of_Perdition (735 posts) -

I have a sealed copy of MGS: The Legacy Collection sitting on a pile of other games, and I downloaded Hotline Miami for the PS3. Have not touched either.

I've spent most of my time playing my guitar.

#41 Posted by oldenglishC (1008 posts) -

Project X Zone has been just the right kind of ridiculous to take the edge off the past few days.

#42 Posted by Bell_End (1203 posts) -

we are having a spell of nice weather in the UK so i've been outside enjoying that this last few weeks. lots of cycling and beer gardens with friends.

#43 Edited by thatdutchguy (1283 posts) -

i've been playing Animal crossing, The last of us single and multi, SSX,Gta 4 online.

And for some weird reason i started watching this shit :

#44 Posted by Kierkegaard (604 posts) -

Playing the Last of Us this week (trying anyway) but with Ryan's news is been kinda of INTENSE. Also, add that the Walking Dead.

Ha, this was my plan before the news. Decided that death and dismay, usually a nice change of pace from my not-so-intense life, are not the best ways to sooth my mind right now. It sucks since I still haven't finished the LoU single player, but it can wait.

So I've been plowing through Skyrim's Thieves and Dark Brotherhood questlines, finished Sound Shapes, played more Demon's Souls (which is engaging until it is maddening), and started a new save on Red Faction: Guerilla.

The latter was really soothing for some reason. Methodically destroying a regime's property on casual difficulty is exactly what my brain needed.

Also bought Lego Pirates of the Carribean on PSN, which I think I'll play through with my S.O. for some light, fun goodness.

Games help me cope for sure.

#45 Posted by FlipperDesert (2106 posts) -

I started up again following the Steam sale (thought I'd pour one out with some Hotline Miami and Civ V), but I've mostly just been watching old Ryan stuff. I'd never seen the Fortune Street TNT before, that thing is glorious.

#46 Posted by Sanity (1949 posts) -

Lots of Rouge Legacy, and a bit of the new Civ 5 expansion. Enjoying both so far.

#47 Edited by wrecks (2318 posts) -

Playing through some previous hits again this week. SRIII & Burnout Paradise. Nice and distracting.

#48 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

Similar to what was seen in the Mailbag, Cube World has recently consumed my off hours.

#49 Posted by fisk0 (4474 posts) -

I haven't played much this week either. I guess I've mostly watched episodes of Babylon 5 since the news broke.

#50 Posted by sku (41 posts) -

Blew through NiGHTS into dreams in a single night; just bought MK9, Toki Tori 2+ and the Portal games on Steam; just got my Sega Genesis and Revenge of Shinobi so I'm probably gonna work on those a bit at a time.

I've been watching old TNTs too, mostly the fighting game ones (MK, SF, etc), and old Unprofessional Fridays. It's a great way to remember Ryan in my opinion.