So what game/games are you currently playing through right now?

• 427 results
yourpalharvey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just finished playing Persona 4 Golden myself, debating whether or not I should start new game plus and aim for that platinum trophy. Also still getting fucked over in Spelunky, god that game is awesome.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I haven't played a game in like 2 months. Keep this up and I might need to hand in my gamer card.

russman588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By russman588

Right now I've got a few different games going. Probably one or two too many.

On my Vita I'm playing Persona 4 Golden and Spelunky. Never played Persona 4 before myself, but I watched my younger brother play it a lot a few years ago. Been doing the Daily Challenges in Spelunky and sucking at them.

On the PS3 I just started Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and I'm working my way through The Last of Us.

I can't really explain why, but TLoU stresses me out for some reason. I've been playing it on and off since probably November or something. I think it's the resource management combined with stealth combined with the depressing plot points. I played on Normal for a while, then took a long hiatus from it and switched to Easy when I came back to it. Hoping to finish it over the next couple of weekends.

On PC I just started playing Papers, Please last night. I really like the way that game looks and feels. Making a mistake is frustrating, but in a good way. It makes me want to be a better bureaucrat.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By ZolRoyce

Tokyo Jungle. For a game I had zero expectations for when it came to the story at all actually had a pretty decent story mode that made me feel sad at least twice so good on them. And I like that you would play as one animal and then the next chapter you would play as another animal fighting the first animal you played and really up until the end of the game there was no 'evil' animals, just animals, it's cool.

In preparation for Dark Souls 2 I am also going through Demon's Souls and Dark Souls again, and I'll take those two games with a nice dose of Giantbomb souls content to watch on my pc while I play on my PS3.

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By wallee321

Started playing Race the Sun and Electric Super Joy yesterday. Race the Sun is awesome and I could see myself playing a quick 10 minutes sessions regularly, for awhile. I've got to the third world in ESJ, but I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to play it; the games good, but brutally hard.

As for bigger games, I'm going to finish up Uncharted 2 today, then go back to Metro: Last Light.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@bisonhero: I started with upgrading the blade first, but they evened out once they became more expensive. The Hobby Horse is my current favorite weapon for it's ability to break through defenses, then I might tear them apart with the Vorpal Blade. I wonder if the game just runs better on console, unless you played on PC too?

Further rewards for the collectables would be nice. I'm more of a fan of exploring then combat in games generally, so it's the most satisfying part of game play for me. I do like those riddles too, but there aren't enough. Once you guess correctly the riddles stop, so the game almost rewards you for getting them wrong by giving you another to solve. Even worse then the combat arena is the bad side scrolling underwater shooter.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@tom_omb: I played on PC. And yeah, oh god, that underwater side scrolling level. It just looks so bad! And the hitboxes on like, everything, totally sucked! Like, they should've just cut that whole sidescrolling section and put a 2-second cutscene in its place.

I do recommend getting the concept art, because they have full-on 3D models done of enemies that don't even appear in the game. They clearly had to cut most of the boss fights, and even a bunch of regular enemies. And instead you get to fight those black goo monsters over and over! It's just so weird, because it seems like they had a huge budget to just pay environment artists to mak these long-ass levels, yet somehow lacked the animators or gameplay programmers or something to get all of the planned enemies and bosses into the game. Really would like to read something on that game's development.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Tom_omb

@bisonhero: Hmm. A quick browsing of wikipedia states that there was an American McGee's Alice movie in development at once point, no word if those assets may have moved on to this second game. Although there were plans for an episodic third game, but EA wasn't interested in publishing it.

On a side note, I was at a book store today and stumbled upon an art book for Spicy Horse's most recent game Akaneiro Demon Hunters , but I had never heard of it. Appariently it's a free to play action RPG based on Little Red Riding Hood and set in feudal Japan.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#209  Edited By Justin258

I have a handful of Paralogues and four chapters before finishing Fire Emblem Awakening, so that. Gotta get the supports of four different characters up first, though. I just want all the characters before I finish the game, I'm not actually going to get all the supports and max out everyone's stats.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still slowly making my way through A Link Between Worlds.

quemador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, on the ps3 im playing puppeteer, on my vita doki doki and some spelunky here and there. On the 3ds just finish mario land now on wolrd 3 on Donkey kong returns... and on ps4 black flag. Im playing 15min here and there and maybe an hour when i get home with the consoles.. so yeah video games.

singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#212  Edited By singular

Assasins Creed 2 on the Xbox360.

Eqtriz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Eqtriz

Final Fantasy IV The Complete Collection and Corpse Party on my Vita.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bodycount and Front Mission Evolved on the 360, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale on the PS3, Tearaway on the Vita, Don't Starve on PS4, and AC4 and DR3 DLC on Xbone.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

dark souls, if Patrick can finish it, then I must push myself to finish it.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After finding out that I really don't enjoy Don't Starve I am playing the waiting game until Outlast (ps4) comes out.

Twisted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played the first hour or so of Tomb Raider (2013) the other day. Seems okay so far.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By UitDeToekomst

@rafaelfc said:

After finding out that I really don't enjoy Don't Starve I am playing the waiting game until Outlast (ps4) comes out.

I found out that exact same thing after playing for about an hour or so. Also, based on my experience with it, I think it perhaps should have not been called 'Don't Starve', but rather 'Don't Get Attacked and Killed by Bees'.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#220  Edited By confusedowl

I beat Demon's Souls over the weekend and now I'm going back into my playthrough of Dark Souls I left at the 30 hour mark to see if I can actually beat it. I need to justify the fact that I'm getting Dark Souls 2. Also it's a pretty rad game.

I also imported .Hack/Versus which is a pretty fun fighting game. A little disappointed in the character selection but otherwise it's pretty great.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

@eqtriz said:

Final Fantasy IV The Complete Collection and Corpse Party on my Vita.

So crap?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

@yourpalharvey said:

Just finished playing Persona 4 Golden myself, debating whether or not I should start new game plus and aim for that platinum trophy. Also still getting fucked over in Spelunky, god that game is awesome.

Go for Platinum, isn't too bad to get but you might need a guide for some parts of it though, that Hermit Social Link is a bitch

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finally finished Dragon's Dogma a few days ago. Since then I've gone back to Dark Souls for PvP. Basically just killing time till Dark Souls II.

Other than that not much really, some occasional multiplayer on GTA V with a friend or two. I have yet to plan and start making my competitive team for Pokemon X. Might get back on that or buy Fire Emblem: Awakening. I might revisit Don't Starve too, that game is really fun.

amp_1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right now I'm mostly playing Okami HD but I've also been dabbling a bit in Don't Stave and Spelunky.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Trying, yet again, to play through Pathologic.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Spelunky and Cave Story+

Got Tales of the Abyss on the 3DS going too, oh and also Super Mario Galaxy though I might be wrapping it up soon.

Krataur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Just finished Broken Age Act 1 last night.

Working on:

• MGS Peace Walker (can't wait for Ground Zeroes)
  • The Witcher 2 (can't wait for The Witcher 3)
  • Mario & Luigi Dream Team
  • Spelunky HD for Vita
  • Assassin's Creed IV
Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By Clonedzero

I was playing Xcom Enemy Within.

Last night i was literally in the final encounter of the game, doing really well, about to kill the last dude and my xbox froze. Horseshit. Now i can't get myself to do that whole level again for some reason. It's a good expansion though i enjoyed it and it gave me an excuse to play xcom again.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Still playing through Rune Factory ToD. Also just started up Catherine. I absolutely love it so far, but that bell is literally the most annoying thing I've had to deal with in a game in a long time. It is unnecessarily loud and the fact it doesn't stop ringing in between stages doesn't help. I put it on easy because I really just wanna see the story since I somehow managed to avoid any and all spoilers these past few years. I'm still early on, but I'm tempted to crank up the difficulty. I did hear the game gets hard as shit though so I dunno. I'll wait a bit and see...

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm currently playing through Gears of War 3 for the first time. And I'm bored shitless playing it. The only reason I'm going to finish it is because I feel the need to wrap the series up an wash my hands of it.

Also playing through Zelda - Link Between Worlds. Have one more dungeon to go I believe, great game.

Doing my second run of Dark Souls in preparation for 2. Flying through the game, at Blighttown after 3 hours of playtime, beating every boss in no more than 2 attempts. Soul level 34 ish I think, wrecking shit with the tail of the Gaping Dragon.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

just finished a classic run of enemy within, might try an impossible, maybe even without upgrading the squad size, i'll see how grim things get.

stinger061

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By stinger061

Playing a ton of Spelunky on my Vita at the moment having been inspired by Patrick's effort but I'm nowhere close to that level. Also I've finally got back to Tearaway which I'm pretty close to the end of but hasn't really grabbed me.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Sloooooooowly climbing my way through Persona 2: Innocent Sin still, enjoying it but when I get free time end up watching a movie or listening to Bombcast or something, someday soon I'll power through it.

I also start playing Demon's Souls again, beat it last month but really enjoying playing it again and seeing how much I actually remember.

hemmelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By hemmelight

Just started Tomb Raider on the PC, accidentally played for like 6 hours in one sitting. Oops.

This game is really scratching my 'Uncharted' itch for sure. Just got back to the Mountain Village after the Radio tower.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Capum15

Pokemon X & Y, Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion, going to jump back into Borderlands 2 sometime this weekend, and little bit of DC Universe Online.

Finished Dark Souls a few hours ago. I might start a new character but I'm most likely going to take a break from it.I kind of just want to pick a game off my steam library and play it. But I always just go play stuff I've played before, or stare at the list and then go watch youtube or GB videos.

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Dead space 2, AC liberation HD, Crysis, Mirror of fate HD & the avatar game.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I will only stop Spelunky when I have all the achievements - I have two left.

buffaloseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#239  Edited By buffaloseven

Just beat Saint's Row IV and now I'm working on Darksiders II, which had been so long since I played I should have just streamed it and called it a Load Our Last Save.

A side helping of Spelunky is a constant.

Next up is finishing Steamworld Dig and Spec Opa: The Line!

Edit: Spec Opa may be the most unfortunate iPhone typo...

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Tom_omb

Rayman Legends and Darksiders II with a dash of Minecraft.

noizy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Souls, Batman Arkham Asylum, Spelunky, Crysis 3

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#242  Edited By Seppli

40 hours into Final Fantasy Tactics. It moves so very slow, especially in combat, but it's ultimately rewarding, and due to the awesome job system, rather addicting. Can be tough as nails at times.

Otherwise? A daily session of Battlefield 4. Just probing the Gods of Virutal War. If I feel good fortunes and glory awaiting me, it might be a long session - if not, then not.

Cybersix412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As of lately, i have been playing Dragon's Crown, Soul Sacrifice and Dino Crisis. :)

samsonbarabbas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By samsonbarabbas

Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light: I think I give up on this one, actually. Plenty to like here: delicious art style, streamlined battle system, and a nicely designed character customization system, a fair bit of strategy involved, but... fucking JRPGs. Endless repetitive random encounters in boring dungeon environments. Continuous cuts to battles whilst you are trying to solve puzzles. This is the most tedious genre that exists. The game I was mostly playing though at the same time, till I completed it, was Darksiders 2, where (for the most part) you are looking forward to the dungeons and enjoy them whilst you are there. Here you can't wait till to reach the end of this chore — the dungeons here are only a few minutes long and they still feel a chore! — and can fight the bosses (which are pretty fun) and see the story develop — except unlike other JRPGs, this one is story minimal, so it doesn't even have that to back it up.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disgaea 3 Absence of Justice, Far Cry 3, GT6, Dota 2 And most recently Project Sylpheed on the 360 as it was 5$ on amazon for new copy and it reminded me of robotech which was a game I spent many a hours replaying. Soon will return to Demon's souls to finish platinum trophy and Ni No Kuni & ME3 which are both partially finished but burnt myself out as was playing the ME series back to back along side some ni no which made me quit games for a week or more.. I have alot of games to play.. About 15-20 are in backlog of being started but never finished.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By bluefish

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Dishonored GotY

Halo 4 online (which I fell out of but have recently re-entered)

Geometry Wars 2 (again, I fall in and out of it)

-and a spattering of other things on the Vita. Too many to list and I'm not dedicating a ton of time to any of them yet.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twisted said:

I played the first hour or so of Tomb Raider (2013) the other day. Seems okay so far.

it gets better

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doing my second run of Dark Souls in preparation for 2. Flying through the game, at Blighttown after 3 hours of playtime, beating every boss in no more than 2 attempts. Soul level 34 ish I think, wrecking shit with the tail of the Gaping Dragon.

Niiice, I'm doing a Demon's/Dark Souls run for preparation of 2 as well, although they do make things harder for the NG+ runs (I think? Seems like it anyways.) if you know what you are doing and are already leveled and got good equipment you can just stomp your way through those games which is fun in it's own right. The majority of my deaths in Demon's souls was due to my own stupidity of rolling off a ledge or something.

Besides that I am currently marathoning all of the Hitman games on PC, I've already played all of them besides the new one so I'm just sort of dicking around on this run. I like to bust into a room with a machine gun, mow everyone down and if anyone is wounded shot them in the head until only one is left, the only one who shall tell the tale.
But then the cutscenes keep happening where Diana or someone is like "You're the best agent around 47!" Which is kind of funny because no, I am clearly not, I'm a madman who leaves witness's alive on purpose, I'm a horrible Hitman! Stop hiring me!

I'm a little bit into Absolution now, they took away my silenced pistol, the guy I'm getting assignments from is a HORRIBLE character and the one level I'm on now wont let me activate an elevator while the guards are suspicious of me? The old Hitmans would allow you to do anything, it was at your own risk but you could do it if you wanted, but this one is sort of feeling like it is limiting me and that sucks. Maybe it gets better, maybe I shouldn't play it at the hardest difficulty my first try, I don't know, we'll see. It's a super pretty game and I don't think it plays like garbage, but... I'm all for change in an ongoing series, buuuuut this change hasn't been for the better yet it seems.