#1 Posted by Hooded (435 posts) -

So for all those original yearly premium membership subscribers, our subscriptions are due to renew early next month (September 13th).

Now CBS has bought Giantbomb and Comic Vine. Whats going to happen to our memberships? What are we given for a renewal? Is it going to be worth it? I know Dave made a post about it a few months back shortly after the whole CBS announcement.

#2 Posted by jimmyfenix (3829 posts) -

i think you guys need to wait for the big live show , they might announce something

#3 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

I'm more worried about my Screened membership! Will I lose access to my Ramblin' Rorie archive?!

#4 Posted by Bollard (5246 posts) -

They cancelled the auto renewal I thought with the switch, so if you want another year you'll have to manually do it. And I guess you get the same stuff as always? HD videos, downloads, premium videos, no ads and a gold medal.

#5 Posted by Humanity (8802 posts) -

@Chavtheworld said:

They cancelled the auto renewal I thought with the switch, so if you want another year you'll have to manually do it. And I guess you get the same stuff as always? HD videos, downloads, premium videos, no ads and a gold medal.

Can we get hats though?

#6 Posted by Carryboy (630 posts) -

Im pretty sure they didnt cancel the auto renewal oh well ive cancelled my subscription anyway.

#7 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1225 posts) -

I wasn't aware of any auto renewal. I don't play that shit with XBox Live and don't want it here. How do you change that? I don't see the option anywhere in the account settings.

#8 Posted by Bollard (5246 posts) -

@Humanity said:

@Chavtheworld said:

Can we get hats though?

No.

#9 Posted by Humanity (8802 posts) -
@Chavtheworld

@Humanity said:

@Chavtheworld said:

Can we get hats though?

No.

Hmm typical. Back before Giant Bomb sold out we would have gotten hats.
#10 Posted by Roger_Klotz (764 posts) -

They didn't cancel the auto renewal. I'm still getting charged on a monthly basis.

#11 Posted by alternate (2682 posts) -

@Tylea002 said:

I'm more worried about my Screened membership! Will I lose access to my Ramblin' Rorie archive?!

I would save local copies if I were you. No telling how long Screened will be around at all.

#12 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19307 posts) -

As others have mentioned, auto-renewal is still active.

#13 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1405 posts) -

Auto-renewal is still on, my account is set to expire on the 23rd of October, I'm waiting for some sort of announcement before renewing, I'm sure they'll figure out a system to move over the accounts but still.

#14 Posted by Hooded (435 posts) -

As others have said, Auto-renewal is still on. Mine is due to renew September 13th. If nothing gets announced soon, I will cancel the renewal. They haven't done enough since the move to CBS for me to pay for another year. Not to mention I have less time to watch some stuff nowdays also the money can come in handy saving to buy a house.