• 84 results
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

There are games in my collection that I just look at an go, how on earth did this game come to be in my collection, why did I buy this? I presume it's not just me, so what games are in your collection that you just don't understand why you bought it.

I have a copy of Just Dance, still sealed..

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By iDarktread

I remember asking my grandmother for Lost in Blue like 6 years ago. That was a very bad game, and I'm not sure why I had high hopes going into it.

More recently, though I bought Motorstorm for $5. It was the first PlayStation 3 game I had ever demoed, but man, I knew I shouldn't have purchased it, before purchasing it. 

Also, I bought Rock Band: Unplugged on PSP for $10. That was kind of a dumb game, and I regretted the purchase before I had even left the store.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MeierTheRed

I bought Matt Hazard cause i wanted some pain in my life, and i got just that.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Dany

Oh god...I honestly don't have a good answer for this. I guess mechassult 2, it was fun but not as great as the first one.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

I don't have all the money in the world so I tend not to buy games I don't really want. That's not to say I haven't had games I regret buying, but I'd have to think about it.
McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By McGhee

That's the thought I had almost instantly upon buying a PSP back when they first came out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Left 4 Dead 2 comes instantly to mind. Seems like a great game, I just don't like playing with random people and I don't like shooters on the PC. Plus I get startled easily. It's not a scary game, per say, but things like to jump on you.

So yeah... that was a really stupid purchase for me. At least if I got it on the 360, I'd enjoy the controls and have people to play with.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#8  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Of all time? Grand Theft Auto London on the Playstation. I regretted other purchases more, but at least I understand my reasoning behind them. Not so much with that game.

EDIT: And Hybrid Heaven. Holy shit, was that a weird purchase.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By DystopiaX

Almost everything on my steam account, witha few exceptions.

BloPs, Penny arcade games, Kane and lynch 2, NBA 2k11, Warhammer 40k, company of heroes, Jamestown, Hitman collection etc.

Alot of those games are good, I just have played them for 2 hours or less, have no desire to go back, and so are a waste of money.

Cupids_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Cupids_Hitman
@animathias: It still baffles me how anyone could like the controls of a console shooter over the controls of a PC shooter. Console shooters aren't awful, but PC shooters feel so much better. I just can't wrap my head around the thought!
RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RaikohBlade

I got the Onimusha trilogy a long time ago. I played some of the first one...and then I dropped the whole series altogether. Waste of my $30. I also got the Hitman collection that had 3 games in it. I beat the first game in it, then dropped the series. So I somewhat wasted another $30.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cupids_Hitman
I grew up on consoles. My first "FPS" was Goldeneye, and the first one I ever played competitively was a bit of Halo and mostly Halo 2. The mouse part of it is fine, if not a bit squirrelly sometimes, but the keyboard is an abysmal control device in my opinion. WASD simply doesn't feel as natural to me as a analog stick, and having all your controls wrapped around those 4 keys has never clicked with me like having the buttons on a controller being instantly available or within thumbs' reach.
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Hizang

@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

That's the thought I had almost instantly upon buying a PSP back when they first came out.

I have a similar feeling towards my 3DS.

FightMeNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By FightMeNerd

@Sparky_Buzzsaw:

Hybrid heaven was amazing as I recall. Still it was an accidental rental for me and I remember loving it but getting stuck before the end and never beating it because i needed a key and I couldn't find it....

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Darkness, Mercenaries 2, Medal of Honor Airborne, and Quake 4. There are definitely more but I can't quite think of them right now.

All of those games I listed I was extremely disappointed in. But hell, how could I resist their bargain prices.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Homefront after playing an hour of it.

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By craigbo180

I brought Forza 2 and Viva Piñata because they were cheap, I have played 2 races on Forza and that's about it. 

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18  Edited By Giantstalker

I still own a brand-new, unopened, sealed copy of Halo Reach that I look at every day.

If we start including Steam, then damn.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan
@DystopiaX said:

BloPs, Penny arcade games, Kane and lynch 2, NBA 2k11, Warhammer 40k, company of heroes, Jamestown, Hitman collection etc.

Alot of those games are good, I just have played them for 2 hours or less, have no desire to go back, and so are a waste of money.

How does 2K11 play on the PC? Also does it get roster updates as infrequently as the console versions did?
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#20  Edited By Yummylee

Blood Omen 2. It only cost me around £3, but non the less that is £3 that could of contributed to something larger that I would of actually enjoyed! I already knew this game was balls deep in shit after playing a lil bit years before.. but I wanted to give it another go. I predictably gave it even less time of the day than when I first played it. Think it's best I just let Blood Omen 2.... Rest In Peace! *Snigger*  

Seriously, though, that game is awful and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone even if it was free. 

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DystopiaX

@OwnlyUzinWonHan said:

@DystopiaX said:

How does 2K11 play on the PC? Also does it get roster updates as infrequently as the console versions did?

No idea about roster updates, if you want to play it on PC you better have a gamepad/360 controller connected cause there's no mouse support for some retarded reason. Been using arrow keys/wasd and it works fine but is far from ideal. Definitely terrible port, if you have a console version then don't bother.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Yanngc33

I have 3 copies of Street Fighter 4. Why? I don't know...

Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ragdrazi
@Hizang said:

There are games in my collection that I just look at an go, how on earth did this game come to be in my collection, why did I buy this? I presume it's not just me, so what games are in your collection that you just don't understand why you bought it.

I have a copy of Just Dance, still sealed.. 

You have too much money.
jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jetsetwillie

Liar. people warned me. they said it was shit. i didn't listen. oh it will be ok, these critics don't know what the fuck they are talking about i thought. 

guess what 

they were right   

Lair IS SHITE!!!!!

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

I own several hundred games I have never played and constantly ask myself what the hell is wrong with me.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By nintendoeats

When you have as many games as I do, it's guaranteed that you'll get some bad ones. The Burger King games for example.

wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27  Edited By wealllikepie

among the other poor decisions i made, i got bourne conspiracy, which was really fucking boring

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Three0neFive

Any fighting game ever.

Every time a new high-profile game like Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat comes out I swear I'll finally break into the genre - even went so far as to buy a fightstick for SSF4 - and every time I get frustrated with the commitment needed and go back to familiar ol' shooters and sandbox games. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that none of my IRL friends will even consider playing anything that isn't Casual of Duty. I dunno. :/

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BaneFireLord

I have a STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl shortcut on my desktop and I have no idea why it's there.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By zeforgotten

Left 4 Dead 2 and Modern Warfare 2... No clue why I bought them

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Getz

I have a copy of Far Cry Instincts: Predator somewhere around here....

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Cloudenvy

Tropico 3.. I have played about 4 minutes of that game.

Juicebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Juicebox

Read dead redemption, It's a GTA MOD  -_-

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ShaggE

The Creatures trilogy, for one. I don't regret buying it, but I've barely touched it, and I knew upon purchase that this would be the case. I simply don't have the dedication necessary to spend an obscene amount of time training and breeding virtual pets, no matter how fascinating the underlying tech is. S'why my Tamagotchi always died. But nostalgia being what it is, I bought the whole set.  

To be fair, though, I had only played Creatures 1 before, and it was worth it to try out the much less janky (but still crazy janky) sequels. I actually got my Norns to procreate for the first time ever. Victory! 

The Oddboxx. I usually wait on PC ports, because I've been boned before by awful port jobs. But dammit, I LOVE Oddworld, and I never played Munch or Stranger, so I nabbed it the second it was released (incidentally, that makes 3 copies of Oddysee that I own, and 2 of Exoddus). BIG mistake. Nearly unplayable ports that still haven't been truly fixed. Plus, I hate most 3D platformers, so why the hell was I excited to play Munch? Could've watched the game on Youtube and gotten more out of it.  

There's more, but meh. I could go on for far longer than anybody's willing to read.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JoeyRavn

"Because it was on sale on Steam" seems to be my answer to most of the games I bought and never played.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36  Edited By buft

chromehounds for $60 on release day, i got about 15mins out of it

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#37  Edited By yetiantics

Dead Space & Assassin's Creed.

I knew i was never gonna play em, but i still bought them used time and time again. Hopefully i learned my lesson.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cheesebob

The first L4D. I played it for exactly 2 hours and never played it again.

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#39  Edited By jkuc316

CoD: Black Ops, I know my friends like CoD but I was never really into FPSes...

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I paid full-price for Bayonetta on release and maybe played an hour of it.  

It might be crazy, but it's also not for me. Give me a story and/or a world to explore. Japanese things randomly happening on screen doesn't interest me in the slightest. 

Bought Darksiders on the same day and played it to death.
imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By imsh_pl

Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire.

Call me crazy but these games are just so boring. They are so slow paced that I can't stand playing them for longer than one hour. I still wish I'll be able to find some time and force myself to finish LA Noire this summer, but I'm pretty sure I won't be coming back to Red Dead Redemption.

notha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By notha

an xbla game that came out in 2006 and i'm pretty sure no one played, Novadrome. i figured it might be alright since it was from the the creators of carmageddon, but i was dead wrong

@Rolyatkcinmai: you're a hoarder. mystery solved

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AuthenticM

I regret buying some games. Shining Force comes to mind.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@notha said:

@Rolyatkcinmai: you're a hoarder. mystery solved

Eh, more than half of the 400 or so games I own but have never played are on Steam, so digital hoarder maybe.

sixtyxcelph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45  Edited By sixtyxcelph
@Rolyatkcinmai said:

I own several hundred games I have never played and constantly ask myself what the hell is wrong with me.

@nintendoeats said:

When you have as many games as I do, it's guaranteed that you'll get some bad ones. The Burger King games for example.

w3rd.

The first one that comes to mind is Wik & the Fable of Souls for XBLA.  I'm still not sure why I thought that game was cool.
SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SteamPunkJin

NHL 9 or 10 - had a blast playing it at a friend's house, picked up a copy so we could play online and we never touched it again. 
Halo: Reach - I don't like straight up FPSs, this was a bad move.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#47  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

@BadNews:

It's funny you say that. I'll bet we ran into the exact same problem, though it's been the better part of ten years since I've played that game.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Twiggy199
tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49  Edited By tebbit

ModNation Racers. It just didn't gel for me, at all. I played it for a couple of hours, put it back in the case and there it lies.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#50  Edited By Video_Game_King

Not really.