• 83 results
#51 Edited by flushpockets (83 posts) -

Remember when you used to be able to buy a system, put the game in, hit the power button and then fucking play that game? Man, those were the days....

#52 Edited by SpaceInsomniac (3558 posts) -

@flushpockets said:

Remember when you used to be able to buy a system, put the game in, hit the power button and then fucking play that game? Man, those were the days....

The good news is you should be able to do any of that on Xbox One or PS4 from day one.

But for anyone who does care about anything else, this is a fantastic recap of the rumors for both consoles: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=87786946&postcount=2018

#53 Posted by kishinfoulux (2255 posts) -

@darji said:

more from him

Still haven't read anything in here... my wife just turned old (aka the same age as me) and everything is exploding at once which was my master plan all along even though I pay for my website/podcast.

Anyway, the source I've been talking to has read this. He said...

"If anyone wants to know why I didn't report this earlier to an insider, its because I didn't think it had a chance to be there at launch.

Like others have said, these things have issues up to launch. But I was buying into the "they'll have it fixed in time" like everyone else. Then when the architecture for XBL on X1 was explained to me, and where they were at with fixing issues, and what else was waiting to pop up and I heard what others were going through, I realized that it wouldn't be fixed. It still might, but it looks bad from this angle."

And evidently "matt" verified something. I don't know who matt is and I don't know what her verified. But that's what my source says. It's fucking hard to keep up with this shit.

While I'm feeling surly. #PS4NoDRM - you guys write about it and have podcasts about it, and - yes - I remember all that said we were hopeless.

Cod 720p - Sure seemed to be a topic on podcasts this weekend. CheapyD confirmed it several days later and Gies responded to him about how it likely won't be fixed.

Right now Ben Kuchera is telling everyone to doubt me. Most who don't follow this forum probably are. People who do follow this forum know I had the ps4 reveal, the xb1 reveal, the xb1 e3 (12/15 games!), the ps4 reveal, the only person on this forum going against cboat/etc that the PS4 wasn't launching in October, the driveclub delay, cod 720p... any now this.

So was it a long con? Did I get inside info on all of that shit so I could screw everyone at the very last second? I would almost believe that if it wasn't sony. They aren't that competent. I actually offered myself, sexually(not sexually), to Adam Boyes early last summer and he said "You aren't qualified."

I'm not. But evidently I can still do some shit from out here. And I'm so goddamn poor Im selling off my ps4/xbox1 preorders that I made on day one that I won't get. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Anyway, when this is also correct, and we'll wait till the end of november for that to happen, if you're going to base your website/podcast on what I say you can just reach out to me. My fucking email in everywhere. I get 1900000 spam messages a day, just to keep it open to people. I think I just won a million british pounds. But the point is that if you're going to talk about what I bring up... talk to me. I'm smart-ish. Im slightly funny. I also don't make a penny off of any of this. My blog is on wordpress, the ads give them money. My podcast, like wordpress, costs money. So I spend about $300 a year doing what I do. This year I've gotten a lot of donations (thank you if you're reading!) which cover this year but not all years. Not that I think all years should be covered. I'm not great at making podcasts (or good... mediocre, maybe?).

My email is blowing up. I have about 100 comments to read - not tonight, to be truthful I started drinking heavily after posting. I'm anxious, you guys kinda scare me. But I'll read the comments. And the tweets. And if I see links in from n4g or reddit or 4chan or wherever I'll read all of that as well. I always do. Does that make me egotistical? Or paranoid? Or drunk?

Everyone spewing bullshit at me - lets talk on November 22nd. It's a deal.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=87780874&postcount=1548

Dude just threw down the gauntlet. I don't WANT the Xbox One to be fucked up like that at launch...but the evil in me is wanting it to happen just to stick it to those journos who think they know better and like to make condescending remarks from their ivory towers.

#54 Posted by Humanity (8814 posts) -

Yah remember when games were like an hour long and cost $80 ? Those were the days.. thank God those days are long gone.

#55 Posted by ninnanuam (265 posts) -

Both consoles are patching day one, and I honestly think the huge issues with both machines will fixed in those patches.

I also am not worried about connecting to the servers to get those patches, as on day one there can only be, what, 2 mil of each console out there max? That shouldn't be an issue for either company servicing that many customers.

That might make me optimistic or naïve, depending on where you stand

#56 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

Yeah when they there was no online pay and internet and all these great services that we have no. Thank god these are over^^

#57 Posted by Fram (533 posts) -

You all must be bored to jump on this kind of stuff so rabidly. Just calm down and enjoy the games you already have. Shit will sort itself out without spontaneous forum postings that act like the world is ending at every turn.

I've been reading comments and links and forum posts about this topic all day today. I've been following link chains and had dozens of browser tabs open. Hell I even went to twitter and started backtracking through conversations and retweets to get as much info on this rumor as I could. Then I read your post.

Thank you. Seriously. I can't stand pre-release rumor shit, however true it might be. I generally have no time for console war crap. Yet somehow I fell down this hole today. This simple statement woke me the hell up. I'm going to spend the next hour or so playing videogames.

Cheers!

#58 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

It's broken both on the PS4 and the Xbone. All because of the whole DRM flip-flopping fuckery.

Sony saw MS' Xbone conference and thought "Oh shit. DRM is a bad fucking move. Let's get this out of the way" and changed it back to non-DRM(The GB crew even commented on this and if it comes out officially, no one should be suprised)

The only problem was that they had the entire network structure based around DRM and always online. They had to rebuild the entire thing, which lead to games like Driveclub and Watchdogs being delayed.

This is why you never buy a console at launch, people.

^^Very Related^^

#59 Posted by kpaadet (409 posts) -

@nekroskop: Really are we gonna take some random youtubers word? He thinks lowering a games resolution can do something about network problems?

#60 Edited by Darji (5294 posts) -
#61 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (1039 posts) -

It's broken both on the PS4 and the Xbone. All because of the whole DRM flip-flopping fuckery.

Sony saw MS' Xbone conference and thought "Oh shit. DRM is a bad fucking move. Let's get this out of the way" and changed it back to non-DRM(The GB crew even commented on this and if it comes out officially, no one should be suprised)

Stop spouting bullshit, PS4 never had DRM in place and they're on scedule in stark contrast to XB1.

#62 Posted by SomeJerk (3144 posts) -

PS4 PSN is active, because it's PSN. We have people with PS4 game trophies visible. The patch that gives debug and media units full on access to everything is seemingly getting rolled out together with retail units.

If it's going to handle the load on day one of people getting on, doing things, playing, downloading firmware and such - that is the question. Which is hard to say, it's going to outsell the WiiU launch by a lot, but have a way smaller day-one patch.

#63 Edited by tsutohiro (364 posts) -

That rug REALLY tied the room together.

#64 Posted by SamStrife (1282 posts) -

The only problem was that they had the entire network structure based around DRM and always online. They had to rebuild the entire thing, which lead to games like Driveclub and Watchdogs being delayed.

Bull. Shit. I would find a far more likely scenario being Sony never even considered DRM (quite possibly out of naivety) and then spun them not including it as a major positive. Even that though is just a wild guess, a lot like your post, except I'm not playing it off as fact.

#65 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

@darji: Neogaf. Hah. That site is full of marketers, gaming journalists who are in bed with various companies and a few legit people. It's been proven various times that it's full of Sony marketers. I've never seen Nintendo get blasted so hard as over there

@kpaadet: He's got some serious cred, man. He's not some pewdiepie shill.

@trafalgarlaw: We'll see at launch, mate. That 300MB update is a sign that they're clearly not ready.

All in all this launch will be a fucking disaster. Stand on the sidelines, gentlemen/ladies. Wait until the kinks and child-illnesses have been ironed out. Buying at launch is a bad idea.(That goes both for the Xbone and PS4.)

#66 Posted by Snail (8580 posts) -

I'm sure Patrick will have something to say about all that stuff tomorrow morning.

My guess is he won't indulge these speculative topics, unless he has some big, real-fact scoops to break himself.

#67 Edited by Rafaelfc (1315 posts) -

Tricky Scoops does not sleep on the job!!!!

#69 Posted by SomeJerk (3144 posts) -

Of course they were not ready back in June when they sent the default firmware out for manufacturing. It was the most stable version they had with all the basic functions necessary for function. They have since then worked on finishing and stabilizing what they had for retail, coming in a 300 megabyte patch which is absolutely tiny compared what Nintendo had for the WiiU and the beast that Microsoft is going to unleash on the 22nd.

#70 Edited by kpaadet (409 posts) -

@nekroskop: Since he has so much "cred", would you mind posting some of the inside scoops he has predicted? Also how can he have "cred" when he know so little of game development? You do know NeoGaf is full of multiple actually proven insiders claiming this video is a joke, right?

#71 Posted by McLargepants (361 posts) -

Good thing the console doesn't come out for a month! Seriously, I imagine this stuff is super normal except that now we hear absolutely everything because of twitter, so let them fix the console, it will be fine by launch.

#72 Edited by Thedrbrian (62 posts) -

@toxiccurve: Dammit. The only game that would make me buy a next gen console.

That comment about the PS4 day one patch ties into the rumour that everyone was planning xbox one style DRM. :puts away spoon:

#73 Posted by oldenglishC (922 posts) -

So one console has a broken OS, and the other shoots fiery hot magma out of the disc slot that will probably reduce your living room to a molten puddle of goo.

I'll just play current video games for a few months.

#74 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -
#75 Edited by EXTomar (4500 posts) -

The last game I had to have the disk in the drive to play was Riven and that wasn't exactly the most enhanced or thrilling experience. I'm glad those days are thing of the past. Unless you meant consoles which still seem to handle this in a clumsy manner.

#76 Posted by kpaadet (409 posts) -

@toxiccurve: Dammit. The only game that would make me buy a next gen console.

That comment about the PS4 day one patch ties into the rumour that everyone was planning xbox one style DRM. :puts away spoon:

I guess that means the Wii U was also gonna be a DRM console.

#77 Edited by mikey87144 (1664 posts) -

Is it wrong to say that I want to see one of the systems have a disastrous launch. No both. I just want to see the fanboys over react. From a pure entertainment standpoint it would be awesome.

An aside though. I wonder if Sony announced the PS4 before Microsoft was ready. Microsoft might have wanted to delay things one more year to get everything ironed out. It'll be interesting to watch.

#78 Edited by kerse (2100 posts) -

Glad I made the decision to wait for a while before getting these systems, mostly that was influenced by none of the launch games interesting me, but this kinda thing certainly contributes.

#79 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Is it wrong to say that I want to see one of the systems have a disastrous launch. No both. I just want to see the fanboys over react. From a pure entertainment standpoint it would be awesome.

An aside though. I wonder if Sony announced the PS4 before Microsoft was ready. Microsoft might have wanted to delay things one more year to get everything ironed out. It'll be interesting to watch.

To be honest, I wouldn't even mind if they delayed the consoles for another few months.

#80 Posted by Budwyzer (544 posts) -

FUCK people! shit your pants after the damn thing launches.

I don't generally think that those two things go together (fucking people and shitting my pants), but who knows, it might be fun.

#81 Edited by Darji (5294 posts) -

@nekroskop: There is a reason why Nintendo gets bashed to death there. Neogaf is not pro company they are pro gaming. Maybe the last real gaming front we have. Is something a miss they will call everyone out. And at the moment Sony is doing almost everything right so they get supported. None or less Neogaf is the place with the most insiders for sure. And you really have to prove that you are legit if you post such rumors and if not you get banned on the spot.

But man something seems really bad on the One front now we have sources that say BF4 SP on the Xbox One looks worse than BF4 MP on Ps4. Maybe Microsoft really should delay this system a few months.

#82 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4330 posts) -

COMING IN HOT!

This launch day disaster can't come soon enough

#83 Edited by MonkeyKing1969 (2570 posts) -

I say this not to be pro corporate and anti-consumer, but shouldn't we 'allow for' and 'expect' network issues? Yeah, if this is truewhere months of updates and fixes are needed...that would be bad and frustrating for consumers and for the whole damn industry. And, yeah even worse if the new system is less stable, less organized than teh old XBL; yet I can't help thinking jumping from various player groupings and from various programs might be somewhat complex.

Again, I hate to sound like I'm defended things NOT WORKING, but I think in my own mind I'm willing to give MS and Sony both three or four weeks to get 98% of it working. If on Christmas day I can play with my friends in some semblances of stability that will be good enough for me.

#84 Posted by slyspider (1155 posts) -

I'm really excited for this launch, on one hand duh that dev units of pre launch software are buggy. If you really are shocked by that you might want to go back to school or go sit somewhere and think about things for a bit, on the other hand, I WANT TO SEE THEM ALL CRASH AND BURN AND LAUGH ATOP MY PC SUPERIORITY. I will end up with both of them anyway I'm sure

#85 Edited by Thedrbrian (62 posts) -

@darji: A delay for better hardware might be useful.

#86 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

@darji: Whatever you say, Sony marketer. Maybe you and Alex Glass can duke it out.

#87 Edited by SomeJerk (3144 posts) -

See you tomorrow when JackFrags releases (with permission from EA) the BF4 videos.

#88 Posted by DragonBomb (25 posts) -

That's some talented FUD.

^^Very Related^^

#89 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -
#90 Posted by Rafaelfc (1315 posts) -

What online will not work on launch and they will push single player games up front? I wish this was the trend for the ENTIRE gen. F**k multiplayer.

#91 Posted by BaphometALIVE (5 posts) -

An Os that is in development is having issues. I'm crapping myself over here.

#92 Posted by Sammo21 (3211 posts) -

lol, people need to stop paying attention to random and anonymous reports in the internet.

#93 Posted by TheHBK (5463 posts) -

People are so focused on this, but Brad has been pointing out that at events they have gone to, they didn't let them use the PS interface. Reasoning can be applied just like to the Xbox because the PSN is what needed more work than Xbox Live. Hell people just assume it will be so amazing but remember Xbox Live was already pretty damn good and only the slowed down dashboard held it back. But PSN would need to add a bunch of features just to be on par with the Xbox 360 Xbox Live.

#94 Posted by AMyggen (2551 posts) -

Everything seems to indicate that the Xbone is coming in extremely hot, I'm expecting a disaster come launch (that they had to change so much of their policies probably didn't help). I've been on GAF long enough to trust the people who have been posting this stuff.

I'm just glad that I won't get any of the consoles at launch, and can just watch this shit from the sidelines. I'm of course not hoping that any of the consoles will have problems at launch, but I'm expecting it, especially from the Xbone.

#95 Edited by RonGalaxy (2873 posts) -

GAMES ARE OVER GUYS; THE DREAM IS DEAD. PACK UP YOUR SHIT. IT IS DONE

#96 Posted by Nictel (2380 posts) -

GAMES ARE OVER GUYS; THE DREAM IS DEAD. PACK UP YOUR SHIT. IT IS DONE

I hear that Nintendo game from SNES is pretty fun

#97 Edited by Verendus (348 posts) -

@nekroskop:

"CoD is also 720p on the PS4 due to the network issues" Seems legit. I always change to lower resolution when my internet is running slow.

I would've pasted his tweets to show how legit journalist the guy in your video was, unfortunately he has deleted them. Majority of them wouldn't have been allowed to post here anyway..

#98 Edited by CynicalBuzzard (240 posts) -

This is why I never buy a system at launch.

#99 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

^^Very Related^^

ew gross get that thing away from me

#100 Posted by mikey87144 (1664 posts) -

@darji said:

more from him

Still haven't read anything in here... my wife just turned old (aka the same age as me) and everything is exploding at once which was my master plan all along even though I pay for my website/podcast.

Anyway, the source I've been talking to has read this. He said...

"If anyone wants to know why I didn't report this earlier to an insider, its because I didn't think it had a chance to be there at launch.

Like others have said, these things have issues up to launch. But I was buying into the "they'll have it fixed in time" like everyone else. Then when the architecture for XBL on X1 was explained to me, and where they were at with fixing issues, and what else was waiting to pop up and I heard what others were going through, I realized that it wouldn't be fixed. It still might, but it looks bad from this angle."

And evidently "matt" verified something. I don't know who matt is and I don't know what her verified. But that's what my source says. It's fucking hard to keep up with this shit.

While I'm feeling surly. #PS4NoDRM - you guys write about it and have podcasts about it, and - yes - I remember all that said we were hopeless.

Cod 720p - Sure seemed to be a topic on podcasts this weekend. CheapyD confirmed it several days later and Gies responded to him about how it likely won't be fixed.

Right now Ben Kuchera is telling everyone to doubt me. Most who don't follow this forum probably are. People who do follow this forum know I had the ps4 reveal, the xb1 reveal, the xb1 e3 (12/15 games!), the ps4 reveal, the only person on this forum going against cboat/etc that the PS4 wasn't launching in October, the driveclub delay, cod 720p... any now this.

So was it a long con? Did I get inside info on all of that shit so I could screw everyone at the very last second? I would almost believe that if it wasn't sony. They aren't that competent. I actually offered myself, sexually(not sexually), to Adam Boyes early last summer and he said "You aren't qualified."

I'm not. But evidently I can still do some shit from out here. And I'm so goddamn poor Im selling off my ps4/xbox1 preorders that I made on day one that I won't get. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Anyway, when this is also correct, and we'll wait till the end of november for that to happen, if you're going to base your website/podcast on what I say you can just reach out to me. My fucking email in everywhere. I get 1900000 spam messages a day, just to keep it open to people. I think I just won a million british pounds. But the point is that if you're going to talk about what I bring up... talk to me. I'm smart-ish. Im slightly funny. I also don't make a penny off of any of this. My blog is on wordpress, the ads give them money. My podcast, like wordpress, costs money. So I spend about $300 a year doing what I do. This year I've gotten a lot of donations (thank you if you're reading!) which cover this year but not all years. Not that I think all years should be covered. I'm not great at making podcasts (or good... mediocre, maybe?).

My email is blowing up. I have about 100 comments to read - not tonight, to be truthful I started drinking heavily after posting. I'm anxious, you guys kinda scare me. But I'll read the comments. And the tweets. And if I see links in from n4g or reddit or 4chan or wherever I'll read all of that as well. I always do. Does that make me egotistical? Or paranoid? Or drunk?

Everyone spewing bullshit at me - lets talk on November 22nd. It's a deal.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=87780874&postcount=1548

Dude just threw down the gauntlet. I don't WANT the Xbox One to be fucked up like that at launch...but the evil in me is wanting it to happen just to stick it to those journos who think they know better and like to make condescending remarks from their ivory towers.

If he has that good of a track record then don't we have to take what he says a little seriously? It's one thing if you were just spewing this out of your ass but it's another when you have past scoops to show your credibility. So XB1 will be fucked at launch heh? Well we'll see.