So XBL is apparently broken on Xbox one

• 119 results
tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

it will work well enough out of the box. They cant afford to eat mass returns and refunds. Yeah, online multiplayer tho, who knows. All those AI drivatarts running in the clouds.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@humanity said:

@flushpockets said:

Remember when you used to be able to buy a system, put the game in, hit the power button and then fucking play that game? Man, those were the days....

Yah remember when games were like an hour long and cost $80 ? Those were the days.. thank God those days are long gone.

Yup. They were all an hour long and all cost $80. Absolutely.

@darji said:

@flushpockets said:

Remember when you used to be able to buy a system, put the game in, hit the power button and then fucking play that game? Man, those were the days....

Yeah when they there was no online pay and internet and all these great services that we have no. Thank god these are over^^

Yeah remember when we didn't have day one patches, content cut from the game so it could be sold later as DLC, paying for online, forced multiplayer in everything, shooters dominating the market, etc? Yup awesome times we got.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@kishinfoulux: Just like all games these days take forever to boot up and all are a mess. You can cherry pick from any generation, there were ups and downs, but gaming keeps moving forward. If I have to wait a little longer to get a hugely interactive gaming experience like GTAV then I'll take that over Super Metroid any day.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

When Microsoft is comfortable in showing off XBL in some sort of live fashion, then I'm sure it'll be fine. I haven't heard of such a video, and that makes me skeptical of how well this will work.

But c'mon, guys! Everything launches broken nowadays! Just look at the PS4 day one patch.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kishinfoulux: back then games were like 2 hours long but damn difficult with no checkpoint system and so on. Todays games are much much longer in conext.

jgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I expect both systems to be somewhat shaky at launch and during the first weeks. As long as playing games works its ok for me. A non-working buggy multiplayer or chat system however is a somewhat bigger issue, given that most big launch games are tailored to multiplayer: CoD, BF4, etc.

But after all as long at its just the software, its no big issue. Stuff can be fixed with patches and MS certainly has the expertise to deliver a system that is capable of the ambitious multi-OS online snap yadda yadda they promised. A unforseen hardware limitation that prevents stuff from working seemless would be a way bigger issue, but no signs are pointing towards something like this.

clarkj1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Sander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109  Edited By Sander

@tourgen said:

it will work well enough out of the box. They cant afford to eat mass returns and refunds.

No Caption Provided

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@tourgen said:

All those AI drivatarts running in the clouds.

man oh man that is a hilarious visual

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By kishinfoulux

@humanity said:

@kishinfoulux: Just like all games these days take forever to boot up and all are a mess. You can cherry pick from any generation, there were ups and downs, but gaming keeps moving forward. If I have to wait a little longer to get a hugely interactive gaming experience like GTAV then I'll take that over Super Metroid any day.

A really good game from this year over one of the best of all time? No.

@darji said:

@kishinfoulux: back then games were like 2 hours long but damn difficult with no checkpoint system and so on. Todays games are much much longer in conext.

Today's games are also full of filler. And again not every game was mega short. Especially when you actually played them back in the day.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Man, console launches are crazy.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By pyrodactyl

@kishinfoulux said:

@humanity said:

A really good game from this year over one of the best of all time? No.

I played super metroid without the nostalgia goggles on since I never played it back in the day and it's not one of the best games of all time. It's still great but it's short. Besides, castlevania and the first metroid prime did a better job with that style of game.

I agree with humanity. We got an incredible density of great to awesome games each year this generation. If you compare with previous gens, even the xbox/PS2/gamecube one, there was like 2 games a year that offered enough scope and quality to justify a purshase. Between the indy stuff and the biggest AAA games ever made I personnaly think we're in a much better position than in the ''golden age'' of the NES and SNES.

I suppose it's all a matter of perspective though. It all depends on your level a jaddedness. In other words: can you see the appeal of doing sandbox coop missions in the greatest open world of all time or would you rather relive the glory days with windjammers?

clarkj1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By bigjeffrey

Moneyhatted Whitta is more like it

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It isn't that we shouldn't believe Gary Whitta but we just need to realize his "hands on" is in a controlled environment. It isn't that it is worthless but it also isn't that valuable for another.

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gary Whitta? He's obviously on the Microsoft payroll! Everyone knows that. Just like everyone knows that when you actually turn on an xbox one, it murders your entire family and goes straight back down to hell from where it came.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By ottoman673

He didn't eat a habanero pepper while reviewing his experience, so i don't buy it, obvs

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@nictel said:

@clarkj1981 said:

Newest rumors on both console launches are hilarious. Here's the latest entry in the form of an 8-minute video (my favorite being the SONY DRM issue, which I'm inclined to believe):

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Crazy-Rumors-Cause-Gamers-Freak-Over-Xbox-One-PS4-Launch-60188.html

You would believe Sony bringing back DRM? LOL

That's not the rumor.

The day-one patch Gaming Blend's Ryan Winslett reported on for the PS4 also led to the belief that DRM is coming back

That's the article quote, the poll under the article is even "Is DRM coming back on PS4?". That is the rumor in the article.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#120  Edited By Deranged

Why is that we have to doubt everything that would be supposed good news? Honestly, I understand people are worried there might be bugs on launch but c'mon, the pessimism is really getting old. I hope that both the PS4 and XONE have strong launches because speaking from personal experience, this transition period is something console gamers have been anticipating for a long time now.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The XMB needs more personal data to function.