Some Of My Favorite Video Game Moments (Spoilers)

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

Edited By natetodamax

So I decided to create a blog, and the topic of favorite video game moments is something that interests me. These are just some of my favorite, as the title suggests, and they are in no particular order. This list will contain some spoilers, so read at your own risk. Also, feel free to post your own!

1) Gears Of War 2 - Inside The Riffworm
If the thought of riding a Brumak in Gears 2 was ridiculous, wait until you ride inside of a giant worm. After Marcus and the gang fail miserably while trying to escape a city, they find themselves in the belly of a colossal worm. The next 30 or so minutes of your life is spent trying to find a way out as your cut and slash your way through membranes and arteries until your finally burst out in the biggest stream of blood and guts I have ever seen. Yummy!

2) Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - The Freakin' Atomic Bomb
I think everyone who played through the campaign in COD4 had their blood pumping after running to a downed chopper while getting shot from every direction to save the doomed pilot inside. After trekking your way back to the escape chopper you sit down and let out a sigh because you think it's all over. You hear a voice over the radio. It sounds like a warning. Nah, that can't happen. No way. Next thing you know, the sky is lit up, and you're spinning out of control. What's even greater is the fact that after that, you take control of your fatally wounded soldier as you climb out of the wreckage and spend the last minute of your life limping around the ruins before finally collapsing.

3) Fallout 3 - Leaving Vault 101
While many people may overlook this, I sure didn't. I've spent hours and hours and hours playing Fallout 3, and the first time I left the Vault and peered upon the ruins of DC is something I won't forget. Because you've been living under a Vault for 19 years, it takes a few seconds for your eyes to get adjusted to the sun. After they do, you see the Wasteland for the first time and as your jaw hits the floor at the sheer beauty of it, you hear a somber tone playing. The sign ahead that reads "Scenic View" makes this moment even more awesome.

4) Rock Band - Beating The Endless Setlist
It sure did take awhile, but all my friend and I needed was a few hours after school and several energy drinks and we were all set. With the guitar on Expert and the drums on Hard, we beat the Endless Setlist together. For those that don't know what that is, it basically means playing every song in the game with very little break all in a row. After we beat it and wiped the sweat from our brows, we slowly put away the plastic instruments and went our seperate ways to do our homework. Awesome.

5) Gears Of War 2 - Completing All 50 Waves Of Horde
Same friend, same time after school, same amount of energy drinks. We pulled this off on Casual on Day One, and believe me, we spent HOURS doing it. The amount of time it takes to totally beat Horde was beyond our expectations. Sure, we died several times and argued on multiple occasions throughout due to one of us doing something stupid and ultimately making us fail, but we pulled it together and went on as champions! Oorah!

So, if you have any favorite moments in video games, feel free to share them!

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By natetodamax

So I decided to create a blog, and the topic of favorite video game moments is something that interests me. These are just some of my favorite, as the title suggests, and they are in no particular order. This list will contain some spoilers, so read at your own risk. Also, feel free to post your own!

1) Gears Of War 2 - Inside The Riffworm
If the thought of riding a Brumak in Gears 2 was ridiculous, wait until you ride inside of a giant worm. After Marcus and the gang fail miserably while trying to escape a city, they find themselves in the belly of a colossal worm. The next 30 or so minutes of your life is spent trying to find a way out as your cut and slash your way through membranes and arteries until your finally burst out in the biggest stream of blood and guts I have ever seen. Yummy!

2) Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - The Freakin' Atomic Bomb
I think everyone who played through the campaign in COD4 had their blood pumping after running to a downed chopper while getting shot from every direction to save the doomed pilot inside. After trekking your way back to the escape chopper you sit down and let out a sigh because you think it's all over. You hear a voice over the radio. It sounds like a warning. Nah, that can't happen. No way. Next thing you know, the sky is lit up, and you're spinning out of control. What's even greater is the fact that after that, you take control of your fatally wounded soldier as you climb out of the wreckage and spend the last minute of your life limping around the ruins before finally collapsing.

3) Fallout 3 - Leaving Vault 101
While many people may overlook this, I sure didn't. I've spent hours and hours and hours playing Fallout 3, and the first time I left the Vault and peered upon the ruins of DC is something I won't forget. Because you've been living under a Vault for 19 years, it takes a few seconds for your eyes to get adjusted to the sun. After they do, you see the Wasteland for the first time and as your jaw hits the floor at the sheer beauty of it, you hear a somber tone playing. The sign ahead that reads "Scenic View" makes this moment even more awesome.

4) Rock Band - Beating The Endless Setlist
It sure did take awhile, but all my friend and I needed was a few hours after school and several energy drinks and we were all set. With the guitar on Expert and the drums on Hard, we beat the Endless Setlist together. For those that don't know what that is, it basically means playing every song in the game with very little break all in a row. After we beat it and wiped the sweat from our brows, we slowly put away the plastic instruments and went our seperate ways to do our homework. Awesome.

5) Gears Of War 2 - Completing All 50 Waves Of Horde
Same friend, same time after school, same amount of energy drinks. We pulled this off on Casual on Day One, and believe me, we spent HOURS doing it. The amount of time it takes to totally beat Horde was beyond our expectations. Sure, we died several times and argued on multiple occasions throughout due to one of us doing something stupid and ultimately making us fail, but we pulled it together and went on as champions! Oorah!

So, if you have any favorite moments in video games, feel free to share them!

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By gingertastic_10

my favorite moment has to be the end to prince of persia, where you undo everything to bring Elika back to life, even if it means the world be set back into darkness..brilliant, also finding out Eden is a computer in Fallout 3 was pretty insane

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By kashif1

Mine is the fight with liquid in metal gear solid 4, best fight ever,   Also the ending of mgs 3 was amazing.  As far as non mgs goes id have to say the nuke in call of duty 4

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Coltonio7

The Fashion Show in Persona 4 was so amazing.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Tireyo

Awesome! :D One of my favorite moments was when Link was looking for Saria at the Forest Temple and didn't see her there so he went in.  I also like that strange twisty room in that temple.  (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ParanoidFreak

Any boss fight in a Metal Gear Solid game is memorable to me.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By crunchUK

CASUAL?!  lololol

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Claude

I left the vault in Fallout 3 and saw that sign. Bethesda had given me joke and awe, and I was reminded of leaving the sewer in Oblivion... Scenic View... right... complete opposite. That was an awesome inside joke, but good fun overall.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Have you tried the Endless Setlist 2 in Rock Band 2?

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By teh_destroyer

When interactive cut scenes were first brought into play in RE4, I was at a loss for a moment lol. Countless times in Company of Heroes when I got to blow up a building just to get rid of a damn sniper,that was always fun :).

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By get2sammyb

I agree with you on the CoD4 Atomic Bomb.

My favourites are:

1. Becoming Adult Link in Ocarina Of Time: AMAZING.
  2. The rooftop fight at the end of Shenmue II Disc 3: AMAZING.
  3. The atomic bomb in CoD4: AMAZING.
  4. Exploring the castleground in Super Mario 64: AMAZING.
  5. Seeing Sonic Adventure in action for the first time: JAW DROPPINGLY "IS THIS REAL?!?" AMAZING.
Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Marzy

I've been playing Super Mario Galaxy again recently and there's brief moment in Melty Molten Galaxy that takes me by awe. The moment Mario flies from that star cannon and the volcano erupts behind him is one of my favourite videogame moments.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By luce

almost ran into an MGS4 spoiler...phew

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By RHCPfan24

I agree with your picks, nate, and I would say another great moment would be the ending of Half Life 2: Episode 2. You know what I am talking about, and it one of the most emotional, sad scenes I have ever witnessed through video games.

Avatar image for existentnighthawk
existentnighthawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Simply put

COD4 was one of the best games EVER made. The WHOLE game was my favorite moment.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By toowalrus

I was bummed out when Master Cheif died at the end of Halo 3, but after the credits you find out that he survived. The line:

Wake me when you need me.

Was the perfect way to end that game.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By suneku

moved to general discussions.... off topic is for off topic

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By TheHBK

My favs are
of course the nuke in COD4
Seeing half-life 2 on my PC for the first time
Getting to see the landscape in Oblivion for the first time
Turning on my 360 for the first time to see how much better it made NBA2k6
Running someone over for the first time in GTA3
Playing crazy taxi for the first time
The first time I saw the N64 in action, Mario Kart 64 and that controller

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By natetodamax

@Metal Gear Sunny: Nope. I've never played it, and I don't know anyone that owns it.

@RHCP: The ending to Episode 2 was awesome, but at the same time it totally pissed me off

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By teptom
  1. The entire last battle in Half-Life 2: Episode 2
  2. Stabbing Ganon in the head, and with only a half a heart left
  3. The parade at the end of Paper Mario.
  4. Playing Link to the Past again after ten years and remembering everything about it
  5. Plugging in my Ps2 in my first T.V. and playing it all night. I played the first Jak and Daxter.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Benny
  • Final Fantasy 8
    Finishing the game and viewing the final emotional FMV cutscene and thinking that (although now debunked) Rinoa & Ultimecia were the same person and that the cycle of love and loss goes on forever.
  • Final Fantasy 7
    The first time you see Sephiroth fighting the Midgar Zolom (worm you need the chocobo to run past) and thinking, "wow, he just one hitted that thing what I have no chance in hell of killing". Bad-ass.
  • Metal Gear Solid
    When you first played metal gear and played around with it in the very first area, choking those dudes and everything, soooo much tension and suspense, so amazing.
  • Ocarina of Time
    Mainly the whole game, first time experience with the game was like a drug you couldn't give up and when it was over, everything else was pale in comparison for a Long time.
  • Gears of War
    Playing the original gears of war for the first time, as the first game ever played on a HD TV was mindblowing, so crystal clear and sharp. it was amazing.
Cheetoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cheetoman

Shadow of the Colosus is definatly my top moment. I totally do not agree with yours though.

JJGIANT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By JJGIANT

The Hog Wild level in Crash Bandicoot 1 rocks! There are many more but I can't remember them of the top of my head.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Illmatic

1) Knights Of The Old Republic

When you find out that you are Darth Revan, my jaw hung open for a while there. I couldn't even press the a button to continue the conversation. I was so caught off guard and shocked. The montage of all the hints to the plot twist after they reveal it to you further adds to the smack to the face you feel.

2) The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

When you first enter the temple of time and everything is frozen in place. Eerie and tense to say the least. Pulling out the sword and watching everything come to life was just as entertaining.

3) Gears of War 2

Riding that reaver out of the Locust base while being chased by the general on his own massive reaver was sick and entertaining. All of Cliff's claims of Bigger, Better, and more Bad Ass culminated in that one moment for me once you emerge from the dark cave and into the open sky.

4)The Legend of Zelda: Occarina of Time

Not really an in game moment but I had just finished playing Link to the Past and didn't keep up with gaming news much back then. I opened up a Toys 'R Us Christmas catalog and saw an ad for Occarina of Time. Having already played Mario 64, one glorious realization came to mind. Zelda...in freaking 3D!

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By inkeiren

1. The end of Final Fantasy X.
2. Leaving the vault in Fallout 3.
3. The first time I played the Crysis demo.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By angelkanarias

The best one of those for me was the CoD explosion. That game is full of those type of things which make you feel inmersed in the game, like just at the beginning when the dudes hit you and get you on the car.

TethysOssian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TethysOssian

CoD4 is one of those games that's going to hold up well over time.  Personally I haven't played it in maybe 8 months, but I watched my friend start it recently and went to thinking "Man, I forgot how good this game is".

Ocarina of Time is also in a similar position but I could never forget how good that game was.

As far as moments go I'd say:
1) the ending of Braid was amazing and caught me totally off guard. 
2) the first time I used the sands of time in Prince of Persia.  A totally new concept in gaming for me.
3) playing the first C&C back on a Mac.