Some words about Halo Wars and Killzone 2

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Fruitcocoa

So, let's start blogging. One thing you guys need to know is that I am working in the industry and runs my own game site here in Sweden. So basically - you will read about some games way before they launch and some early thoughts. I will probably write this in my posts for one month or so. Anyways, let's do this!

Just finnished my Halo Wars review, unfortunately I can't tell much, but hey - better then nothing. I don't know where to start really, the truth is that the game is really good and drags you in immediately. It takes a lot to make an interesting RTS on a console. I think though that Ensemble Studios succeeded. It's quiet deep, not as deep as Starcraft for example, but if you aren't familiar with the RTS genre - this is the perfect way to enter it. Thats enough for now!

One of the things that people are talking about here in Sweden is the Killzone 2 review by EDGE. I don't know about you guys, but I like that someone tells his/her true opinion. Creed to EDGE, I hope that GiantBomb gives it a fair score. I won't say that it's a ten out of ten game; eight point five would I give it. And yes - I have played the game.

So tell my guys - what are your expectations for Halo Wars? You can ask some questions, I will try to answer them. And what do you think about EDGE? Are you against opinions or fanboys?

No Caption Provided
Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Fruitcocoa

So, let's start blogging. One thing you guys need to know is that I am working in the industry and runs my own game site here in Sweden. So basically - you will read about some games way before they launch and some early thoughts. I will probably write this in my posts for one month or so. Anyways, let's do this!

Just finnished my Halo Wars review, unfortunately I can't tell much, but hey - better then nothing. I don't know where to start really, the truth is that the game is really good and drags you in immediately. It takes a lot to make an interesting RTS on a console. I think though that Ensemble Studios succeeded. It's quiet deep, not as deep as Starcraft for example, but if you aren't familiar with the RTS genre - this is the perfect way to enter it. Thats enough for now!

One of the things that people are talking about here in Sweden is the Killzone 2 review by EDGE. I don't know about you guys, but I like that someone tells his/her true opinion. Creed to EDGE, I hope that GiantBomb gives it a fair score. I won't say that it's a ten out of ten game; eight point five would I give it. And yes - I have played the game.

So tell my guys - what are your expectations for Halo Wars? You can ask some questions, I will try to answer them. And what do you think about EDGE? Are you against opinions or fanboys?

No Caption Provided
Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Oriental_Jams

Thought the demo was OK, would have preferred a mouse and keyboard though, maybe I'd get used to the controls. Edge is generally ok, though they do sometimes seem to hate games in general, perhaps it's their attempt to seem neutral.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3  Edited By BawlZINmotion

Is Halo Wars as innovative as Halo 3?

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fruitcocoa

I don't think that Halo 3 was that innovative, but I think that Halo Wars is. I really like the fact that you can't build what you want were you want. You have now platforms to build on, thats a thing that makes the game quiet innovative in a way that you have to choose if you want to build ground units or air units. Then you have the whole co-op thing and all the skulls that makes a simple RTS like Halo Wars fun and raises the replay velue alot :)

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5  Edited By BawlZINmotion

Good to know. I don't think Halo 3 was/is innovative either, I was just being sarcastic since Edge awarded it most innovative game of 2007. In that respect I take what Edge has to say about video games with a box of salt. Everyone has an opinion, mine is that Edge likes to have their name in the headlines. Nothing personal.

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fruitcocoa

Well Chainblast, I respect your opinion and I wish that everyone could respect each others and don't base their opinions on media. I don't know what to say about Edge, afterall - I haven't read so munch of their reviews but I liked the Killzone 2 review.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Chainblast said:
"Good to know. I don't think Halo 3 was/is innovative either, I was just being sarcastic since Edge awarded it most innovative game of 2007. In that respect I take what Edge has to say about video games with a box of salt. Everyone has an opinion, mine is that Edge likes to have their name in the headlines. Nothing personal."

Well what was so innovative in 07?  I can't really think of anything.  It had many solid games, but nothing truly unique.  Forge/Theater probably was the biggest unique thing that year
Shadow2K6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Shadow2K6

I thought the Halo Wars demo was alright.  I'm not really a fan of RTS games though.

As for Edge.  I always got the impression that they try to seem like a neutral magazine but fail at doing it.  The only thing in their Killzone 2 review that sounded like a negative was story.  Yet they give Killzone 2 a 7/10 because the story is bad =/.  I think they just did that for attention considering every review except Edge's is 8/10 or higher.  I never really liked Edge to begin with.  The only magazine I ever liked was EGM and their no more.