Some words about Lost Planet 2, Dead Rising 2 and Mass Effect 2

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Fruitcocoa

It’s been some good weeks now for the gamers. Great sequels have been announced such as Dead Rising 2, Lost Planet 2 and of course Mass Effect 2. Of the three games I mentioned the last ones is the one that interests me most. Unfortunately, I’ve only finished two of these games. But I will try to share some expectations. And guys, I would appreciate if you could help me with the writing. Just post your opinion and also a short thing that I should have in mind the next time.

The prequels to these games were kind of Xbox 360 exclusives and we know for sure that at least one of the sequels is going to come out on the Playstation 3. I don’t know, I hope that Lost Planet comes out on the Playstation 3 so Capcom can keep the games in the franchise coming, I liked the first game but I bought it month after release and I think that there is a lot of people out there thinking the same way. We’ll see. I like the new engine and that we’re now available to walk in jungles with a friend by our sides. We’ll see if it will be multiplatform and how the people will receive the game. According to the producer the game have a huge fan base who requested a sequel. I guess it's time to beat the crap out of some mechs again.

I am really looking forward to Dead Rising 2. Honestly, I didn’t like the first games so much, but this could actually be very cool. The save system will be fixed, count on it. Something though that I am a little worried about is the city. It’s way too early for discussions about the city now, but I think that they made an odd choice, and that’s not always the best. If the game will be Dead Rising 1,5 I would be really happy. I don’t think that the new developer should mess around whit the game. It is a game where anything would makes sense, and that’s the problem. If it’s too much then… yeah… I don’t know.

So, let’s write some stuff about that dead guy, Commander Shepard. BioWares teaser put the whole fan base on fire and also people who never played the game got excited about it. That’s a good sign and that could be a hint that the game actually is coming to the Playstation 3. I would like that BioWare skips the Playstation 3 version. Mass Effect got a deep storyline and I wouldn’t like to see a prequel full off “this happened here and here”. Let Shepards journey be exclusive for the Xbox 360 and PC then put another Mass Effect game for the Playstation 3. I guess we’ll see. I hope for a massive under title to begin with. Mass Effect 2: Cerberus would actually make sense and sounds okay. I also hope that they focus a lot more on the physics, because I don’t think that they need to work more on the visual stuff. Fix it technically and then take the other step.

So these are my thoughts about three great sequels. What are your thoughts, and what would you like to see announced the coming weeks?  

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Fruitcocoa

It’s been some good weeks now for the gamers. Great sequels have been announced such as Dead Rising 2, Lost Planet 2 and of course Mass Effect 2. Of the three games I mentioned the last ones is the one that interests me most. Unfortunately, I’ve only finished two of these games. But I will try to share some expectations. And guys, I would appreciate if you could help me with the writing. Just post your opinion and also a short thing that I should have in mind the next time.

The prequels to these games were kind of Xbox 360 exclusives and we know for sure that at least one of the sequels is going to come out on the Playstation 3. I don’t know, I hope that Lost Planet comes out on the Playstation 3 so Capcom can keep the games in the franchise coming, I liked the first game but I bought it month after release and I think that there is a lot of people out there thinking the same way. We’ll see. I like the new engine and that we’re now available to walk in jungles with a friend by our sides. We’ll see if it will be multiplatform and how the people will receive the game. According to the producer the game have a huge fan base who requested a sequel. I guess it's time to beat the crap out of some mechs again.

I am really looking forward to Dead Rising 2. Honestly, I didn’t like the first games so much, but this could actually be very cool. The save system will be fixed, count on it. Something though that I am a little worried about is the city. It’s way too early for discussions about the city now, but I think that they made an odd choice, and that’s not always the best. If the game will be Dead Rising 1,5 I would be really happy. I don’t think that the new developer should mess around whit the game. It is a game where anything would makes sense, and that’s the problem. If it’s too much then… yeah… I don’t know.

So, let’s write some stuff about that dead guy, Commander Shepard. BioWares teaser put the whole fan base on fire and also people who never played the game got excited about it. That’s a good sign and that could be a hint that the game actually is coming to the Playstation 3. I would like that BioWare skips the Playstation 3 version. Mass Effect got a deep storyline and I wouldn’t like to see a prequel full off “this happened here and here”. Let Shepards journey be exclusive for the Xbox 360 and PC then put another Mass Effect game for the Playstation 3. I guess we’ll see. I hope for a massive under title to begin with. Mass Effect 2: Cerberus would actually make sense and sounds okay. I also hope that they focus a lot more on the physics, because I don’t think that they need to work more on the visual stuff. Fix it technically and then take the other step.

So these are my thoughts about three great sequels. What are your thoughts, and what would you like to see announced the coming weeks?  

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Alex_V

Didn't like any of the three original games all that much, but it's always good to see a sequel green-lighted because it means they can iron out any kinks and generally produce a better game.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By penguindust

Since the announcement of Lost Planet 2 appeared on XBL, I'd be willing to bet there will be another timed exclusivity deal between Capcom and Microsoft on that title, and probably Dead Rising 2, as well.  I'm not sure how Bioware is likely to handle Mass Effect 2.  For me, I have a "Commander Shepard" already on my Xbox, and since it's been hinted that we'll be able to import our saved character in some sense, a PS3 version has no use for me.  I think it makes sense for Bioware to release a "expanded" version of the original for the PS3 (include the DLC) a few months before the sequel hits the shelves, then put it out on both consoles.  Most sales will likely go to the Xbox, but why lose the potential sales from the Sony crowd?

I'd like for Bioware to fix the things that bugged me like no "teleporting" back to the ship to swap out team members (you could do that in KOTOR!) and some way to better keep track of all the gear you carry.  Some way to upgrade the APV would be nice too, 'cause I hated the missions with that thing.  Additionally, how about being able to use a weapon you are untrained in, but at a much lower skill level?  Why is my "vanguard" carrying around a assault rifle and sniper rifle if she can never use them?  And why does it seem that other people in my group who are also untrained, seem to be able to use them?  Is that just a cut scene thing, 'cause if it is, Bioware needs to fix that.  Finally, I'd like to be able to talk to others in my group while in the elevators.  I expect loading will once again be covered over by elevator travel, so during those extended periods, the ability to say "Hey, what do you think about what's going on?" would be nice.

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fruitcocoa

Great points PenguinDust, I totaly agree with you.