Some words about Mass Effect 2

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Fruitcocoa

One of my favorite games of all time is Mass Effect, so the teaser release on the 20th came like a nice surprise. I am one of those who put hundreds of hours into Mass Effect and I have done most of the missions. Whit that said, I would like to share my thoughts because it’s been some crazy topics of Shepards dead, or that he’s turned into the Geth.

First of all – it was a huge surprise that the teaser actually was pre-rendered. Of all the Mass Effect trailers only one is pre-rendered, and that was the final launch trailer for the Xbox 360. I really hope that BioWare keeps going on the same path and gives us as much game play as possible, that’s what Mass Effect is all about. And honestly – I wouldn’t mind if the graphics weren’t improved visually, only it’s better technically, and I am glad.

I think that the teaser is just perfect; I am hyped and could do anything to see the whole trailer which we hopefully will be able to see under BioWares GDC conference. There have been thousands of stories about the teaser already. Is Shepard dead? Have he turned into a Geth? Who will we play as if he is dead? Why are BioWare telling us that we should hang on to our saves? There are a lot of questions and that’s a good thing. But at the same time – it’s way too early to hype this game.

What we know is that this video is from the Cerberus database. For you guys that don’t know anything about the Cerberus; they are Humans gone rogue. Like Saren, but Human. And here is a great point why Mass Effect 2 won’t be hitting the Playstation 3; there would be a lot of questions and I don’t think that it would be the right move by BioWare to make this sequel easy to get into for those who haven’t play the first game. Sorry, Playstation community.

So, Cerberus will obviously be a huge part of the game, which is very good because they are an interesting people in the second Mass Effect novel. Then what about the Geth in the teaser? Well, he is standing over “Shepards” body and defines that he is dead. I won’t say more than the Mass Effect trilogy is known to be the story of the first human Spectre, which is Shepard.

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Fruitcocoa

One of my favorite games of all time is Mass Effect, so the teaser release on the 20th came like a nice surprise. I am one of those who put hundreds of hours into Mass Effect and I have done most of the missions. Whit that said, I would like to share my thoughts because it’s been some crazy topics of Shepards dead, or that he’s turned into the Geth.

First of all – it was a huge surprise that the teaser actually was pre-rendered. Of all the Mass Effect trailers only one is pre-rendered, and that was the final launch trailer for the Xbox 360. I really hope that BioWare keeps going on the same path and gives us as much game play as possible, that’s what Mass Effect is all about. And honestly – I wouldn’t mind if the graphics weren’t improved visually, only it’s better technically, and I am glad.

I think that the teaser is just perfect; I am hyped and could do anything to see the whole trailer which we hopefully will be able to see under BioWares GDC conference. There have been thousands of stories about the teaser already. Is Shepard dead? Have he turned into a Geth? Who will we play as if he is dead? Why are BioWare telling us that we should hang on to our saves? There are a lot of questions and that’s a good thing. But at the same time – it’s way too early to hype this game.

What we know is that this video is from the Cerberus database. For you guys that don’t know anything about the Cerberus; they are Humans gone rogue. Like Saren, but Human. And here is a great point why Mass Effect 2 won’t be hitting the Playstation 3; there would be a lot of questions and I don’t think that it would be the right move by BioWare to make this sequel easy to get into for those who haven’t play the first game. Sorry, Playstation community.

So, Cerberus will obviously be a huge part of the game, which is very good because they are an interesting people in the second Mass Effect novel. Then what about the Geth in the teaser? Well, he is standing over “Shepards” body and defines that he is dead. I won’t say more than the Mass Effect trilogy is known to be the story of the first human Spectre, which is Shepard.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

I can't wait for this game after seeing that. It's unfortunate that I've played through the first game twice but I don't own it. I borrowed it from a friend.

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By killdave

I think this game is far to big not to come onto PS3. EA want cash so unless MS are prepared to "bribe" then expect this on PS3 too.

I'll be buying it for xbox 360 though to use the controller and mass effect 1 saved game.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By natetodamax
killdave said:
"I think this game is far to big not to come onto PS3. EA want cash so unless MS are prepared to "bribe" then expect this on PS3 too.

I'll be buying it for xbox 360 though to use the controller and mass effect 1 saved game.
"
God Of War III sure as hell isn't coming to 360, so why would Mass Effect be going to PS3? That wouldn't be a fair trade off.
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Dany

GOW III is not made by company that publishes game on the 360. EA can and might publish ME 2 on the ps3.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By natetodamax
Dany said:
"GOW III is not made by company that publishes game on the 360. EA can and might publish ME 2 on the ps3.
"
Well, those bastards don't deserve it.
Clank715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Clank715

Mass Effect 2 will be an amazing game that will surely excel the original in story, character development, and graphics. After the amazing teaser, I just hope Commander Shepard will be back as the protagonist!

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By natetodamax
Clank715 said:
"Mass Effect 2 will be an amazing game that will surely excel the original in story, character development, and graphics. After the amazing teaser, I just hope Commander Shepard will be back as the protagonist!"
Yeah I know, it would suck playing as someone else. I'm assuming you use the same character design as last time?
Clank715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Clank715

Yeah, my guess is that if you owned Mass Effect 1 you can carry out your save to Mass Effect 2 but your skills might be gone... furthermore I expect some of the more serious choices will affect some events in MAss Effect 2. For example some might have killed Wrex on the beach, and others might have been able to calm him down. Mass Effect 2 will surely be very interesting with this whole decision mechanic carried out and will defiantly make each players experience very different.

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Buscemi

I pine for Mass Effect 2, and Shepard isn't dead. He just changed to a non-corporeal form, uh, yeah.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Kazona

As long as they don't kill him off in an incredibly lame way, I'm totally fine with Shepard being dead. He was a very cool character, but if it adds to the story quality then I'd shoot him myself... Not literally.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#12  Edited By AgentJ

I dont understand why people would think that save files would be useless without sheppard. you did have 5 other characters. i have a feeling that there will be a few familiar faces in your party. Besides that, save files would bring over the important decisions people made in the first game, like which squad member you left to die, which one you bedded, and whether or not you killed that big bug queen on the frozen planet. 

raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By raidingkvatch

As long as the game is triple A quality on 360 I, quite frankly, could not give a fuck whether PS3 gets it or not

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By penguindust

Shepard wakes up in the bed somewhere unfamiliar.  A woman in a lab coat walks up to her and says "Ah, I see that you are awake now."  She looks down at a medical chart and adds, "You gave us all quite a scare."  Shining a pen light into Shepards eyes, she asks, "How much do you remember?"
The expression on Shepard's face changes from confusion to panic...for you see, she has...AMNESIA (dum-dum-dummm!)

Toss in some "enemies become friends", "who do I trust", "reconstruct my identity", badda-bing-badda-bang -- the rest writes itself.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By End_Boss
Titus said:
"I pine for Mass Effect 2, and Shepard isn't dead. He just changed to a non-corporeal form, uh, yeah."
"Ben... Is that you?"
Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Yeah well I'm such a huge Mass Effect fan I had an orgasm when I saw the trailer.
Although I must say some of the speculation going around is pretty far-fetched, my favorite one so far is Shepard had sex with a toaster and that geth is their offspring.
BioWare is also cracking up at all the speculation going about, I sure as hell know Drew Karphyshyn is, after all, I visit his site every 2 weeks. =D