• 50 results
#1 Edited by JoblessTerence (349 posts) -

I haven't been that active on the site for about a year or two, so I'm a little out of the loop in terms of in-jokes.

I was on 4chan last night and there was a 'Beta thread' where users post pictures of socially inept people making fools of themselves. It's a very mean spirited idea, but I wasn't in a good mood so I started browsing.

Looking through the photos, I saw the usual suspects until I stumbled upon this one:

It's obviously a joke, but I found it funny.

Thought you guys might like it.

#2 Posted by EuanDewar (4908 posts) -

fedoras are the worst and ryan knows this

#3 Edited by Milkman (16779 posts) -

That's not Ryan, that's Notch.

#4 Posted by Yummylee (21615 posts) -

Bowler hats > Fedoras.

That's... all I have to contribute.

#5 Posted by mrfluke (5149 posts) -

another podcast joke about fedoras at gdc, seems they actually took it to its conclusion.

#6 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2007 posts) -

Quality joke is what that is. People unironically wear fedoras in public, that is literally everything you need to know.

#7 Posted by Petiew (1347 posts) -

I assume it's a joke based on this site.

Guys in fedoras thinking they're cool saying terrible things on dating sites, basically.

#8 Posted by ThePickle (4182 posts) -

They gave out fedoras with the GDC logo at GDC this year.

#9 Edited by Piqued_Interest (63 posts) -
#10 Posted by Demoskinos (14822 posts) -

I actually want to kill myself after visiting that tumblr. Holy Christ those guys ARE THE WORST. UGH.

#11 Posted by mrfluke (5149 posts) -

#12 Posted by Joystick_Hero (29 posts) -

I used to wear fedoras, like, 9 years ago. Then the internet ruined them. Thanks alot.

#13 Posted by casper_ (903 posts) -

little do those devs know i got my lice all over that fedora.

#14 Posted by metalsnakezero (2295 posts) -

I like fedoras and I'll admit that I wear them in public. However, fedora with a logo on it is pretty silly.

#15 Posted by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

Fedoras are cool in videogames, not irl.

#16 Posted by TooWalrus (13195 posts) -

@donpixel said:

Fedoras are cool in videogames, not irl.

They're cool in real life in the 1940s.

#17 Edited by Branthog (5562 posts) -

Fuck all of you.

PORK PIE IS WHERE IT'S AT.

#18 Edited by LiquidPrince (15942 posts) -

What's wrong with Fedora's?

#19 Posted by TheHBK (5482 posts) -

The Nacho Boss... is here. Fuck Ryan Davis.

#20 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

@petiew said:

I assume it's a joke based on this site.

I suddenly feel much better about myself.

#21 Posted by TheHT (11237 posts) -

i'm guessing some annoying people started wearing them so now nobody can wear them.

#22 Posted by Branthog (5562 posts) -

It's all gone downhill since they went with the forked commercial/free base separation. I'm still all about the Debian.

#23 Posted by SSully (4185 posts) -

@branthog said:

@liquidprince said:

It's all gone downhill since they went with the forked commercial/free base separation. I'm still all about the Debian.

I appreciate this joke more then I should. It was so easy, but i dont care!

#24 Edited by McGhee (6094 posts) -

It's not really about the fedora being cool or not. You just have to be able to wear it like you own it.

#25 Edited by ShadowConqueror (3051 posts) -

Fedoras are cool, it's just that most of the people who wear them are not.

#26 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

I wish everyone still wore hats. Hats are awesome and so damn dapper.

#27 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5476 posts) -

What the fuck happened to fedoras? They use to be the essence of style and coolness. See my fucking Avatar! He made it cool. He's the one who made it his own.

#28 Edited by Beforet (2921 posts) -

I have a fedora. It's a beat up thing I think an old guy might have died in. Don't wear it too much, but if I need to look good then I'll throw it on. Hats are awesome. All hats. Don't hate on the hat.

#29 Posted by hoossy (934 posts) -

God I hate fedoras. Maybe 1 out of every 10 people can actually wear one and look good. The rest are jokers.

The key is the clothes. If you want to look 'classy', then you better go all the way.

#30 Posted by Snail (8604 posts) -

They're probably overused. People think they look cool just by wearing them.

#31 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

A man wears a hat to keep the sun and rain off of his head. A man pays no attention to the fashion preferences of the era. A man wears whatever he goddamn well pleases atop his noggin.

#32 Posted by Jimbo (9809 posts) -

Wait, you're telling me fashion goes in cycles? That is absurd.

#33 Posted by JoeyRavn (4973 posts) -

I can't imagine Ryan without his signature fedora. Little known fact: his fedora makes him have a 40% to not consume ammo when he reloads.

#34 Posted by me3639 (1755 posts) -

I dont get the joke, i think it's dope. Only Ryan Davis can pull off that look.

#35 Posted by Stimpack (858 posts) -

If you're a baker, that's a plus!

#36 Edited by FFFFFFF (75 posts) -

Unless you're keeping the sun out of your eyes or keeping your head from freezing all hats are affected fashion. Affectations in people who don't look confident are ripe for insult. Dudes at conventions in fedoras generally don't look confident.

#37 Edited by Veektarius (4813 posts) -

I don't know if the fedora look can ever be the real fedora look so long as only a small minority of people affect it. I mean, I'm sure there's an exception out there, but it sure as hell isn't me.

#38 Posted by Ramone (2965 posts) -
#39 Edited by Azteck (7449 posts) -

It's from here, and then made to look like an Okc post.

#40 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

@jimbo said:

Wait, you're telling me fashion goes in cycles? That is absurd.

I know!

#41 Posted by WasabiCurry (422 posts) -

@liquidprince: Fedora's are out. (Uncool people started wearing them and it became too mainstream)

I moved on from wearing a fedora, now, I am wearing a sombrero.

#42 Posted by Jams (2960 posts) -

I was shocked for a second then I laughed as I saw Ryan's twitter photo. He's making fun of all the hipsters out there who think they look so good in a fedora that the pictures they take revolve around it. They also have that extra smug shit eating grin when taking pictures.

I think what makes people look dumb in fedoras is that they're dumb themselves and that they didn't get the right brim size for their dumb heads. Everyone's always trying to rock the super short brim but that's for people with small heads. The rule of thumb is kinda like, the bigger your head the bigger the brim (or whatever the length of that is called). Ryan needs a 10 gallon hat, top hat, or a paddy hat.

@branthog said:

@liquidprince said:

Simply Arch. Their package manager is called pacman. How do you beat that?

#43 Edited by Ekami (261 posts) -

everyone in a fedora is sure they look like a modern don draper with a detective business on the side, but all I ever think is "software dev on his way to another regretful arby's experience"

#45 Posted by MEATBALL (3235 posts) -

I don't really get what the big deal about Fedoras is, the worst thing about them is that now nobody can wear any sort of nice hat without someone assuming it's a Fedora and hating you for it.

It's about the same as hating "hipsters" or "emos" or "goths" etc.

#46 Posted by groverat (137 posts) -

It has nothing to do with the hat and everything to do with the presumed attitude of the wearer.

If you have anger towards the hat itself then you have problems of your own.

And odds are strong that you have your own dumb bullshit worth mocking... like Ryan's shoes.

NO BUT MY THING IS ORIGINAL AND AWESOME!!

#47 Edited by ripelivejam (3934 posts) -

and to think i briefly considered wearing a fedora as my "thing" :\

#48 Edited by ripelivejam (3934 posts) -

A man wears a hat to keep the sun and rain off of his head. A man pays no attention to the fashion preferences of the era. A man wears whatever he goddamn well pleases atop his noggin.

Valar morghulis

#49 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -
#50 Posted by WilliamHenry (1203 posts) -

Nothing, when they're worn for the right reasons and in the right context. The problem is that they became trendy and douchebags started wearing them in the wrong situations.