• 55 results
#51 Posted by BisonHero (5662 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@milkman said:

@smtdante89 said:

I sincerely hope that despite these attacks, this will be the most successful Extra Life yet.

I'm not sure what they've done in previous years but they've already raised over $3 million so they're still doing okay.

I think that the DDoS attacks are actually having the unintended effect of drawing more attention to the cause, so when the site is up and running, the donations make up for the downtime.

Unintended effect or intended effect? Follow the money. ExtraLife DDoS was an inside job.

/all of the retarded Kotaku commenters

#52 Posted by Andorski (5108 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@milkman said:

@smtdante89 said:

I sincerely hope that despite these attacks, this will be the most successful Extra Life yet.

I'm not sure what they've done in previous years but they've already raised over $3 million so they're still doing okay.

I think that the DDoS attacks are actually having the unintended effect of drawing more attention to the cause, so when the site is up and running, the donations make up for the downtime.

Unintended effect or intended effect? Follow the money. ExtraLife DDoS was an inside job.

pfft... please. You sheeple are just blind to the truth.

#53 Posted by SMTDante89 (2471 posts) -

@andorski said:

@bisonhero said:

@hailinel said:

@milkman said:

@smtdante89 said:

pfft... please. You sheeple are just blind to the truth.

Thanks Obama!

#54 Posted by AMyggen (1988 posts) -

I'm gonna hijack my own thread here, because I couldn't find a better place:

Does anyone have a direct link to the "top teams" page of Extra-Life? I know that there's supposed to be a site like that, but I can't for the life of me find it.

#55 Posted by Splodge (708 posts) -

If you were so inclined, you can purchase a full list of pre - infected slave machines and do your own attacks. Its a huge underground market. Recently over the last few years interpol have uncovered massive slave propagation rings in eastern europe that have been infecting millions of computers every year. Its a huge business. Unfortunately, ddos'ing has now become available to any shit head with some cash and semi decent computer skills.

#56 Posted by SunBroZak (838 posts) -
#57 Posted by AMyggen (1988 posts) -