#1 Posted by tariqari (390 posts) -

So I've usually avoided game rentals up until now b/c I've only seen the site Gamefly which I've heard sucks as far as shipping and availability issues.  Plus Im starting to spend too much on games (the goods ones are coming out left and right lately!).  So has anyone used gamemine?   How well does their service work?  Is availability on new games an issue?  If so for how long?  Is the shipping easy?  Also their trade in offer seems to good to be true.  I've been asking around to see what  I can get for Fifa 11, Gamestop said 30 and somewhere else said 20.  Gamemine claims to be offering 39.  Am I missing something?

And for gamefly users, has the service gotten any better this year? 

Anyone have any recommendations?

#2 Posted by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -

Gamefly is great if you live near a shipping center. I live in Los Angeles County and shipping a game usually only took one day. The further away you are from a shipping center, the worse it gets, up to 4-5 days or so.

Never heard of GameMine so do more research if you do decide to go with them.

#3 Posted by tariqari (390 posts) -
@Bigandtasty said:
" Gamefly is great if you live near a shipping center. I live in Los Angeles County and shipping a game usually only took one day. The further away you are from a shipping center, the worse it gets, up to 4-5 days or so.  Never heard of GameMine so do more research if you do decide to go with them. "
how long does it take to get a new game?
#4 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@tariqari said:
" @Bigandtasty said:
" Gamefly is great if you live near a shipping center. I live in Los Angeles County and shipping a game usually only took one day. The further away you are from a shipping center, the worse it gets, up to 4-5 days or so.  Never heard of GameMine so do more research if you do decide to go with them. "
how long does it take to get a new game? "
Gamefly is good. 

Shipment times vary on new games. It all depends on the popularity and what other games you have in your Queue.
#5 Posted by tariqari (390 posts) -

Well I looked at it looks like they one in Florida which is where I am so that looks good to go.  I;ve googled gamemine and I cant find any honest legit looking reviews about it yet...

#6 Posted by iam3green (14388 posts) -

is that a big mac? 

anyway, i never heard of the site. i think you should look at it more. i have heard good things about gamefly though. i don't use any service though.

#7 Posted by evildeadron (820 posts) -

ive used gamemine for over 2 years (after being dissatisfied with gamefly). the service is excellent as far new release availability, price and shipping...every once in awhile you have a shipping hiccup or something but if you call customer service they usually give you free time, from a couple weeks to a month or more, depending on the issue (i would say i had maybe 2 issues in over 2 years). they are a good solid company, but smaller than gamefly

#8 Posted by tariqari (390 posts) -
@iam3green said:
 is that a big mac?
Why yes.  Yes it is good sir.
#9 Posted by tariqari (390 posts) -
@evildeadron said:
" ive used gamemine for over 2 years (after being dissatisfied with gamefly). the service is excellent as far new release availability, price and shipping...every once in awhile you have a shipping hiccup or something but if you call customer service they usually give you free time, from a couple weeks to a month or more, depending on the issue (i would say i had maybe 2 issues in over 2 years). they are a good solid company, but smaller than gamefly "
Why are the trade in values so high?  Do they offer cash or just credits toward their own games?
#10 Posted by evildeadron (820 posts) -

they actually just started trade in's in the past month (along with the site redesign) my guess is that it is to get inventory quickly and then the values may balance out, as far as i know you get credits to use on the site, but again, this is a brand new thing for them, it used to just be rentals...i would email them for any specific details, they have good customer service
#11 Posted by mosdl (3223 posts) -

For renting sites, try them out for a month and see how it works, you can usually quit anytime so little risk.

#12 Posted by WilliamHenry (1195 posts) -

Sorry to bump an old thread, but it might help someone who wants to know more about Gamemine. I've been using Gamemine for about a month now and its alright. Their selection is leaps and bounds better than Gamefly. I've gotten 6 or so games so far and they are all games I would have had to wait at least 6 months to get from Gamefly. Their customer service is fantastic as well. Whenever I ask them a question, I get a response from a real person just about immediately. With Gamefly, I would have to wait at least 24 hours for a response and it would be an automated response usually. It was almost impossible to get a real answer from Gamefly. The main problem with Gamemine is their shipping times. Their closest shipping center is in north Jersey, which seems great since I'm in South Jersey, but their shipping times are still incredibly slow. Out of the 6 games I've gotten, only one has been delivered in 3 days, which is the most it should take to get to anywhere from anywhere in the continental US. Every game they've shipped besides the one has taken at least 4 days. The last game I got took 6 days. Six days to go 2 and a half hours. At first, I asked them about it and they blamed the USPS. For one delivery, I could accept that. But after every game taking that long, its clearly a problem with Gamemine. The only thing I can think of is that they are lying about the day they ship out the game. Its such a shame as their selection is great. Even with the delays though, I'll probably stick with Gamemine. I'd rather have to wait on slow shipping than wait months for Gamefly to get a copy of a game I want.

#13 Posted by Cadillacker (1 posts) -

Well there is a catch to the trade-in prices. You have to ship it yourself meaning that you lose some money. They don't give you prepaid shipping labels. The good part is that shipping is not too expensive and you'll still get more than if you went to GameStop. GameStop sells games at the most expensive and offer the worst trade-in prices.
#14 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2576 posts) -
@Cadillacker said:
Well there is a catch to the trade-in prices. You have to ship it yourself meaning that you lose some money. They don't give you prepaid shipping labels. The good part is that shipping is not too expensive and you'll still get more than if you went to GameStop. GameStop sells games at the most expensive and offer the worst trade-in prices.

Also the quickest and most convienent that's how they get away with it