Something feels kinda lacking in gaming at the minute, no?

• 75 results
emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

I was feeling similarly bummed out up until recently, because I don't have the money to get a good PC or next-gen console. But between playing Dark Souls 2 and digging into some PS Vita games, I'm feeling pretty good about video-games.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

J-Jeff?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

No?

At the minute? Yah I'd say there is no spark gaming. Solid releases that just fail to excite. I'm waiting until E3 and hoping I can finally be really wowed by something.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's unfair to compare this point in time to an entire year of gaming.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

I'm coming off of South Park, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, Dark Souls 2, inFAMOUS: Second Son, Trials: Fusion, Wolf Among Us, MLB 14: The Show...

That's way too many games over a 2 month period.

Can't imagine someone being bored with that much!

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

All of the big "discussion piece" games you mention came out in the second half of the year. Just be patient, E3 should bring out some stuff to be excited for!

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By Dixavd

As far as I'm concerned, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD has been the best release for me in years. It's my favourite game of all time and as such, since I've started to play it again I can't stop thinking about it (especially the order in which I'm going to max out my characters to then take on the Dark Aeons!). That said, even Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII was a better game for me than anything that was released last year. And as for things coming up, it looks like my most played games are going to be from Nintendo.

Makes me realise that, bar Dark Souls II, I'm probably only going to use my gaming PC to play Hearthstone.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

No.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadow of Mordor, son, Shadow of Mordor.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

I'm not particularly interested in big games right now anyway so I'm good. I'd rather play small games I know nothing about. I'd rather be surprised then awed by spectacle.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#61  Edited By armaan8014

I agree!

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By gike987

Tons of games coming out on PC this year. All of the first big Kickstarter games, Civ V Beyond Earth and Sims 4 (not that I trust EA/Maxis much anymore). Age of Wonders 3 came out just recently and is pretty good, but could become amazing with a couple of balance patches and some DLC.

But for big console releases it looks to be a pretty bad year, can't really think of a single one I want to play except Dark Souls 2. Of course E3 hasn't been yet and around that time is when most big console releases gets announced.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You write about gaming for a living yet couldn't be bothered to do 5 minutes of research to see that there's a ton of stuff on the horizon. Sounds like you're awesome at your job.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The post new console release drought is upon us. It sucks for sure.

It seems to me though now more than ever there is always a stream of interesting little titles coming out here and there that keep things interesting, if you have steam ofc.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#66  Edited By Milkman

The AAA games market (or whatever the hell you want to call it) is unbelievably boring right now. Stick of Truth is the only interesting "big" game I've played this year.

The indie scene, on the other hand, seems to have a ton of great stuff on the horizon. I think we're seeing a big shift in games now where the indie market is really finding its footing and the "big" games market is getting completely stagnant.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Personally I've been overwhelmed with stuff to play this year. There was a bit of a lull in January but ever since Lightning Returns can out I've been playing stuff non stop. And now I have FFXIV which is going to be a sinkhole for my time.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Elder Scrolls Online comes out for consoles soon.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm really waiting for new games to play, but mostly something completely new, meaning something that hasn't been done before that will totally blow peoples minds and/or change the way we play and/or look at games. It's been a long time since the last "Holy F#@king Shit!" moment from what I recall. It seems everything within the last few years has kind of been the same thing more or less but just spiffied up to look and run nicer. Not much in the way of innovation. With the power and capabilities of the new hardware (on both sides) there is no reason why devs couldn't do something crazy and different.. I think in the end it just comes down to people coming up with new ideas and making them work.

Just making something that looks prettier or runs better isn't enough anymore.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#70  Edited By Kidavenger

Games that I'm interested in are still coming out steadily, but there is a lack of excitement about games that seems to be building up in me; there are still good games but nothing groundbreaking in quite awhile.

OGJackWagon69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll agree that the ball on next gen AAA stuff hasn't gotten rolling, but I'm honestly way more excited for all the smaller and more interesting indie games that are coming out, there's so many I want to play I can barely keep track of them all. I would just wait until e3 rolls around if you have a thirst for AAA games.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#72 sweep  Moderator

Maybe in the AAA blockbuster market, but there's still plenty of cool indie nonsense happening, if you know where to look.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#73  Edited By TobbRobb

I have more games than I feel like playing. So no?

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if it is slow that's a good thing cause my backlog is bigger than a sequoia log atm.

[/dick joke?]

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@tajasaurus said:

@slag said:
  • Smite

Do you, perchance, know how much hat game costs?

good sir it is a free to play game.

Which means it's probably the most expensive release of the past quarter.