Something thats really been bugging me lately.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

Ok, So I know I keep making topics like this, but I really dont know what to do right now. I really like my PS3 alot, in fact, I like it more than my 360. Something about it just comes across as cooler to me. I think the Game Boxes are cooler, the console look is cooler, and I like the services the PS3 has. But, im not sure if I should be buying my Multipaltform games on it over getting them on the 360. I would like to devote most my gaming to it (the PS3), and use my 360 for exclusives, but if I can get a better Multiplatform Product on 360, than I may just have to get them on that. Since I kinda think I would perfer the best looking/running version I can get naturally If I have both.

Of course, I wont get games like Bayonetta and Ghostbusters on PS3, since those are documented as being worse, but not everything is as Night and Day as those. I mainly dont like playing my 360 because Im mainly worried about it breaking down. Ill play its Exclusives, hell yeah, but im not sure about everything else. I check sites like Lensoftruth and DigitalFoundry all the time, but im still not sure what to get them on. im a graphics whore, so I naturally want the one that looks better, but I like Playing ym PS3 more and I like it more.  

I mainly just want the better Presentational experince. Also, Comparison sites take to long to post there findings. Lens of truth takes like a week or two after the game comes out, and Digital foundry takes like a month or more. So, since Reviews dont extensively compare both versions, I have to wait a long time after release for the verdict to come in on which one is better. And by that time, Gamefly is probaly Checked out of the game or something.

I really dont know what to do. I know I worry to much, but this is really bugging me. Please dont flame, im being really sincere in this and I really need help. Thanks.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64
@Raven_Sword:  With multiplatform releases, it seems like a lot of the times the 360 version looks better.  I guess if you are a graphics whore, I suggest getting multiplatform games on 360 then.  If you were like me and don't give two shits, just get all of your games on your PS3 since you prefer it over 360.
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ravensword
@JJOR64:

Yeah, maybe I am jaded with Graphics. i just hate when thing look washed out or blurry.
akakaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By akakaze

The general consensus in the development community is:

360 lead platform -> PS3 port:  difficult to do, may cause graphical differences and framerate problems (Bayonetta, Ghostbusters, etc.)
PS3 lead platform -> 360 port:  easier to do, versions are closer, usually PS3 has slight advantage (Burnout: Paradise, FFXIII*)

*based on impressions from those attending the Square Enix XIII Bus tour, so take with grain of salt.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By zero_

Does Trophies/Achievement sway you in any way?

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6  Edited By Cube

i remember being just like you (except the whole graphics whore thing), and tbh you just gotta do what you enjoy. don't have silly biases because they can detract from the fun.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Diamond

You gotta buy what feels right to you.  In addition to the 360/PS3 choice for a lot of multiplats I also have a good gaming PC, yet I don't decide based on graphics alone either.  There are a ton of variables which decide which version of a game is really best to you.  Graphics whores are missing out on true enjoyment.

tomte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tomte

then, buy it for the PS3. there's only 2 games i  know of that have had really lousy ports to the PS3. So i don't think it's anything you should worry about, also in the case of bayonetta we already knew this before the game was released

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Kiemoe

I would just get PS3 versions, but keep an eye on reviews in case the ps3 version is substantially janked. Usually the ps3 versions on multiplats are worse, but for the most part, that difference is small and only noticeable in side-by-side comparison. So if you're really more aligned to the playstation, the small difference will (probably) be worth the opportunity to play on your preferred console.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Evilsbane

Get the game on whatever platform it is better on, end of story, Bayonetta is a perfect example it sucks eggs on the PS3 so get it for the 360, if it was the other way around I would say get it for the PS3.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ravensword
@Cube:

Yeah, I dont really wanna have a bias, its just I like PS3 more is all. A preference, not a bias. I still like my 360 alot. I guess ill just do my research on each title and go from there. I just wisyh Comaprison sites were faster.
Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Virago

Man, if you're worried you're going to break something because you use it, then why do you even have it? it's like owning shampoo but not using it because it will run out. Sheesh.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mano521

hang on, if you dont like playing 360 because your afraid of it breaking down.... why would you own it.   the xbox is gonna break eventually and you might as well make the most of it

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By fwylo

One Word: Achievements

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ravensword

You know what, fuck it. Im going to do my research and see which one is better. Id rather have a Better experince on a game rather than being afraid my console is going to break down. And since I have both, its really dumb to not enjoy one of them the most I can. Anyway, thanks for the responses.