• 68 results
#1 Posted by kratier (223 posts) -

feature/interview/actually cover big titles, you know, like get hands on , discuss them, interview the developers 

obscure developers, downloadable games with 10-15$ pricetag isn't what people are looking for, we want to see the more interesting games

You guys just kind of treat the big titles like "oh well its going to succeed we know that already, so why bother covering it"
Also covering the bigger better games simply will get you more regular customers.
It seems like you guys dont really take yourselves seriously

#2 Posted by MrGetBonus (782 posts) -

Go away.

#3 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -
@kratier said:
,,It seems like you guys dont really take yourselves seriously "
Oh no you didn't :D
#4 Posted by Pie (7053 posts) -

Im sure they'll take it on board

#5 Posted by Management (596 posts) -

*Waiting patiently for the trash talk to begin*

#6 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

How does GiantBomb not cover big games? The whole focus of last week was Dead Space 2.

#7 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -
@MrGetBonus said:
" Go away. "

#8 Posted by Vrikk (886 posts) -
@MrGetBonus said:
" Go away. "
#9 Edited by tobygw (579 posts) -
@kratier said:

" feature/interview/actually cover big titles"  

Implying that Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 2 and Littlebigplanet 2 aren't big titles. 

" you know, like get hands on , discuss them,"  

Implying that they aren't actually playing these games in the quick looks and that they don't talk about them during these videos.  

"obscure developers, downloadable games with 10-15$ pricetag isn't what people are looking for, we want to see the more interesting games"    

Implying that the quality of the game is irrelevant and that it is only the name of the company that matters. Also implying that games that are 10-15 dollars can't be as interesting as a 60$ game.

And the rest is already nonsense on it's own. 

EDIT: I also forgot

" you guys dont really take yourselves seriously "

Implying that a post on the forum goes straight to the staff's mailbox.
#10 Posted by NarcolepticBat (410 posts) -

It's a different style of journalism. It's not supposed to be a gamtrailers, ign or gamespot. Different business model, different demographic.

#11 Edited by Zimbo (875 posts) -

As far as Im aware Giant Bomb has always covered both big and small games. There are also multiple interview videos with presitigious game developers that I remember.  

@kratier

said:

"It seems like you guys dont really take yourselves seriously "

Which is one reason why I like this website. Its more relaxed and less focused on all the corporate sides of gaming unlike a few of the larger sites.
#12 Posted by Colin (707 posts) -
@tobygw: I like how many times you used "implying".
#13 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@tobygw said:
" @kratier said:

Implying that Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 2 and Littlebigplanet 2 aren't big titles. 

Implying that they aren't actually playing these games in the quick looks and that they don't talk about them during these videos.  

"obscure developers, downloadable games with 10-15$ pricetag isn't what people are looking for, we want to see the more interesting games"    

Implying that the quality of the game is irrelevant and that it is only the name of the company that matters. Also implying that games that are 10-15 dollars aren't interesting.  And the rest is already nonsense on it's own. "
#14 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@MrGetBonus said:
" Go away. "
#15 Posted by TheSilentTruth (1106 posts) -

You can't make me!

#16 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

Yeah, the scope of this site seems like its only run by a handful of guys.

Oh wait. If you want a game site that is nothing but a business, go visit GT or IGN. If you want a place with passionate staff and a strong community, stay here.

#17 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1417 posts) -

well you are either a troll or you have no idea what your talking about.

#18 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -
@kratier: So, that almost hour long interview with Ken Levine doesn't count? Oh I get it! It's because Bioshock 2 isn't a big game! 
#19 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4627 posts) -
@kratier: Fuck off. If anything, we need less of that shit.
#20 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@Ravenousrattler said:
" well you are either a troll or you have no idea what your talking about. "
I'm betting it's  the former.
#21 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

Pretty sure they cover big games JUST fine.

#22 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -
@kratier said:
" feature/interview/actually cover big titles, you know, like get hands on , discuss them, interview the developers   obscure developers, downloadable games with 10-15$ pricetag isn't what people are looking for, we want to see the more interesting games   You guys just kind of treat the big titles like "oh well its going to succeed we know that already, so why bother covering it" Also covering the bigger better games simply will get you more regular customers. It seems like you guys dont really take yourselves seriously "
I smell a dirty troll.
#23 Posted by Dtat (1623 posts) -
@kratier said:
" It seems like you guys dont really take yourselves seriously "
Yep. And that's why we love em
#24 Posted by FlyingRat (1445 posts) -

I'm assuming a troll, but if not, might i suggest IGN.com or GameSpot.com for your needs? It's called variety, mate. Not every site is exactly the same, thank god.

#25 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

#26 Posted by DonutFever (3549 posts) -
@tobygw said:
" @kratier said:

Implying that the quality of the game is irrelevant and that it is only the name of the company that matters. Also implying that games that are 10-15 dollars can't be as interesting as a 60$ game.

And the rest is already nonsense on it's own. 

EDIT: I also forgot

" you guys dont really take yourselves seriously "

Implying that a post on the forum goes straight to the staff's mailbox. "
/thread
#27 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

you might be looking at the wrong video if you think that they don't look at big games. price does not matter how the game is going to be. if that was the deal then nobody would buy things off of the market place on their consoles.

#28 Posted by Bennyishere (1685 posts) -

Yo man, Giant Bomb doesn't need to conform like that. We do our own thing.

#29 Posted by Video_Game_King (35977 posts) -
@kratier said:
" It seems like you guys dont really take yourselves seriously "
So?
#30 Edited by wickedsc3 (1046 posts) -

I think they cover everything just fine.  Reviews, quicklooks, Podcast, happy hour, tnt.  I think maybe u just missed some of the stuff you are talking about.  Idk how long u have been following gb but if its only been this month then i suggest you go back though the archives to see what this site does.  Just and FYI last week they had one of the devs from Dead Space 2 on the TNT and gave away free copys of the game, i think that was a pretty good interview with the devs if u ask me.

#31 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

#32 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -
 Chill out dude.
#33 Posted by mrfizzy (1517 posts) -
@LiquidSwords said:
"
"
oh... oh that is just great. i applaud you sir! 
#34 Posted by Cowmeat (142 posts) -
@MrGetBonus said:
" Go away. "
#35 Posted by Synchronatic (130 posts) -
@MrGetBonus said:
" Go away. "
#36 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

#37 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

You're right. I want my money back.

#38 Edited by Wrighteous86 (3735 posts) -

That's like... your opinion, man.

#39 Posted by C0V3RT (1349 posts) -

#40 Posted by tourgen (4427 posts) -

funny stuff

#41 Posted by Mikemcn (6954 posts) -

You only watched building the bastion and the live show didn"t you...

#42 Posted by ajamafalous (11845 posts) -
@LiquidSwords said:
"
"
Bahahahahaha.
#43 Posted by velucyraptor (358 posts) -
@MrGetBonus said:
" Go away. "
#44 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

GB is about the games. Big games need about as much coverage before a purchase decision as small games. That is all.

#45 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -
@MysteriousBob: I just want to introduce myself to someone as "Mysterious Bob".
#46 Posted by HisDudeness (251 posts) -
@kratier said:

" You guys just kind of treat the big titles like "oh well its going to succeed we know that already, so why bother covering it" Also covering the bigger better games simply will get you more regular customers. It seems like you guys dont really take yourselves seriously "

#47 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -
@MrGetBonus said:
" Go away. "
@TheSilentTruth said:
" You can't make me! "
@Ravenousrattler said:
" well you are either a troll or you have no idea what your talking about. "
@GunslingerPanda said:
" @kratier: Fuck off. If anything, we need less of that shit. "
#48 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

Giant Bomb know what they're doing and their audience enjoy what they do, this isn't just about them getting as many customers as possible. Giant Bomb cover the big name titles at great length, they just choose to not put all of their time into covering those games and instead also make time for smaller titles, unlike a lot of other sites out there.

#49 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

For some reason, I thought this thread was going to be about masturbation. Just me?

#50 Posted by cjmabry (485 posts) -
@velucyraptor said:
" @MrGetBonus said:
" Go away. "
"