Sometimes I kinda cringe when I read the game review comments

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By turbomonkey138

I usually avoid reading review comments on any website. However I looked at the gamespot video review of Resident evil 6 and man it almost makes me throw up to think that we are associated with gamespot.

here is the link if you wanted to see for yourself http://uk.gamespot.com/resident-evil-6/videos/video-review-resident-evil-6-6397436/

I hope the same thing doesn't happen when giantbomb resident evil 6 eventually gets reviews on the site.

I don't think people know what a bad review is :(

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

When did the comments go YouTube style? It's kinda confusing.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Giantstalker

I honestly don't know how this can shock people anymore. This is just the internet, folks.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By turbomonkey138

@Giantstalker said:

I honestly don't know how this can shock people anymore. This is just the internet, folks.

I got used to giantbomb I guess :|

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By laserbolts

The halo 4 review comments here just gave me a seizure.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ
Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Sometimes you cringe? It's a common occurrence to me, where now I just avoid all comments on reviews of any site.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By l4wd0g

I cringe when I hear multiple game reviewers from different sites are use the same phrase (e.g. "penultimate") in close succession with one another.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By DJJoeJoe

I massive reason I am not very active even on this forum, and not active at all on any other forums and why I have forgotten comments even exist at the bottom of things is because I value my sanity over seeing what people have to say about something. Chances are if there is something worth reading it's in an article written by someone who knows what they are doing, not the comments. I surprise myself sometimes when my eyes wander below and I remember that such a thing exists still, and I skim around to instantly find it's just as dumb or worse than I remember.

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zekhariah

@turbomonkey138 said:

I don't think people know what a bad review is :(

Fairness occurs when the individual wins (or in this case, the reviewer precisely agrees with the individual).

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By TruthTellah

You should have seen the comments in reply to the crew's criticism of RE6. A number of people around here took rather vocal umbrage at people disliking what RE6 turned out to be. You'd think they had personally assaulted people's mothers with the way some were complaining.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@TruthTellah

You should have seen the comments in reply to the crew's criticism of RE6. A number of people around here took rather vocal umbrage at people disliking what RE6 turned out to be. You'd think they had personally assaulted people's mothers with the way some were complaining.

Oho boy. You should check out the comments on the Halo 4 review. I'm pretty sure Jeff sexually assaulted Master Chief judging by people's reactions.
Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Sooty

Halo 4 is as good as WWE '13!!!!

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sanity

I always hate when people who obviously already own and love a game chime in on a review as if anything but there opinion is wrong. We wont even talk about people who get fussy before they even play the game themselves... I just think people need to ignore reviews in certain cases where they love a game despite its short comings.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Fallen189

Don't read them then

FrankieSpankie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FrankieSpankie

If they bother you so much why read them? I very rarely read reviews and when I do, it's not a deciding factor on buying a game, it's to learn more about what the game is about. I have never bought or decided not to buy a game based on reviews because you miss out on some amazing games and you're often left disappointed but AAA titles that you realize are just basically rail shooters.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By ProfessorEss

Part of me feels like it's fair play.

I mean look at like this: A dev team spends thousands of hours making something so some reviewer can spend a few hours tearing it down. If you look at the time investment relatively I would think it's fair play for readers to then spend 15 seconds tearing down the writer's hours of work.

The only real difference I see between the two is that reviewers actually have the potential to cost people their jobs while commenters are merely acting like jackasses and/or blowing off steam.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Video_Game_King

@ProfessorEss said:

I mean look at like this: A dev team spends thousands of hours making something so some reviewer can spend a few hours tearing it down. If you look at the time investment relatively I would think it's fair play for readers to then spend 15 seconds tearing down the writer's hours of work.

Because two wrongs make a right? And shouldn't the blame be shifted to the developers if they make a game knowing that it will be put before the judgment of game reviewers everywhere?

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ShaggE

What baffles me is that the forums here are ... relatively... civil, but when the chat goes up or people start commenting on an article/video, it's like Youtube up in here.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@ShaggE said:

What baffles me is that the forums here are ... relatively... civil, but when the chat goes up or people start commenting on an article/video, it's like Youtube up in here.

It's painful watching everyone try to be funny in the chat.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jsnyder82

Don't read comments, then. I don't need to know what a bunch of mouth breathers think of a review, and I doubt you do either.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#22  Edited By Little_Socrates

@PeasantAbuse said:

@ShaggE said:

I generally turn off the chat and watch videos in fullscreen at this point. If I see certain mods in the chat, I might stick around.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By ProfessorEss

@Video_Game_King said:

@ProfessorEss said:

Because two wrongs make a right? And shouldn't the blame be shifted to the developers if they make a game knowing that it will be put before the judgment of game reviewers everywhere?

No I'm just saying that if it's cool for critic to put in 10-20 hours to tear down a developers 1000s of hours of work why is it so wrong for an internet troll to spend 30 seconds tearing down their 10-20 hours of work?

(To be honest, I'm kind of just spitballin' here, I'm not even really sure if I believe what I'm saying here, it's just a train of thought I got on)

Avatar image for thevideohustler
TheVideoHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheVideoHustler

@MariachiMacabre said:

@TruthTellah

Oho boy. You should check out the comments on the Halo 4 review. I'm pretty sure Jeff sexually assaulted Master Chief judging by people's reactions.

I laughed so hard, other people in the house heard.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Video_Game_King

@ProfessorEss said:

No I'm just saying that if it's cool for critic to put in 10-20 hours to tear down a developers 1000s of hours of work why is it so wrong for an internet troll to spend 30 seconds tearing down their 10-20 hours of work?

(To be honest, I'm kind of just spitballin' here, I'm not even really sure if I believe what I'm saying here, it's just a train of thought I got on)

Because it's a matter of time? 10-20 hours of gaming, plus the time spent on a professional level review, reflects at least some level of thought that 30 seconds probably wouldn't. Take a bit more time to articulate and all that, or bring better points.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#26  Edited By Hailinel

@PeasantAbuse said:

@ShaggE said:

What was more baffling was the fact that, when Whiskey Media was still together, the GB chat was always a complete shit show compared to the other WM chat pages.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By VisariLoyalist

@turbomonkey138 said:

@Giantstalker said:

I got used to giantbomb I guess :|

there have been some whoppers in the past here it's safe to say

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By VisariLoyalist

@jsnyder82 said:

Don't read comments, then. I don't need to know what a bunch of mouth breathers think of a review, and I doubt you do either.

But it's so easy for us to hate them it's entertaining :D