Sometimes preordering games work.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By Yukoei

So I went into my favourite store yesterday to buy Heavy Rain for the PS3, I want in there and when the clerk looked at me and said ''Its sold out'' I just stood there and asked him ''what do you mean?'' (in shock) he then told me that the game sold like hot-cakes and that they wont get another shipment until another 4 days. 

I have been hyped for this game since it was annouced so I didnt wait and had to spend an extra 10$ at EB games. 

The moral of the story is, sometimes preordering games work.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Yukoei

So I went into my favourite store yesterday to buy Heavy Rain for the PS3, I want in there and when the clerk looked at me and said ''Its sold out'' I just stood there and asked him ''what do you mean?'' (in shock) he then told me that the game sold like hot-cakes and that they wont get another shipment until another 4 days. 

I have been hyped for this game since it was annouced so I didnt wait and had to spend an extra 10$ at EB games. 

The moral of the story is, sometimes preordering games work.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

The real moral of the story is don't shop at Gamestop. Problem solved.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By JoelTGM

I just go to Walmart and they have stacks of games there on Tuesdays.

Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Dark_Jon

Yeah exactly, don't go to GameStop. There are so many places that have stacks of games.

Unholy_Bladder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Unholy_Bladder

I just pre-order on teh interwebz. Much more efficient, usually arrives about 2 days before the game is officially released in stores.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pause422
@MB said:
" The real moral of the story is don't shop at Gamestop. Problem solved. "
Exactly. I don't know how you could of come to a different moral of this story, but this is the correct one.
weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By weltal

Oh, you must have gotten confused by the name of the store. See, they don't actually stock new games, just slightly used games. Like a pawn shop.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Yukoei
@Weltal said:
"Oh, you must have gotten confused by the name of the store. See, they don't actually stock new games, just slightly used games. Like a pawn shop."

???
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zeforgotten

Gamestop hate is funny. 
The ignorance is off the scale.  
I just went by our gamestop today and they still have tons of copies of Heavy Rain there, even if it sould well at the launch thingy they held.  
I didn't have it pre-ordered though, but still got the collectors edition and all the fancy soundtrack stuff, xmb theme and the episode-thingy. 

I guess it also doesn't hurt being good friends with the guy who runs the store here, but still :D

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By m1k3

i usually use amazon when i pre-order games, since they usually have release date shipping, and it really doesn't matter what time it gets delivered. Kinda sucks that Yakuza 3 wasn't release date shipping since i preordered it with FFXIII

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By unchained

I love pre-ordering games. You are guaranteed to have it on release day, there are pre-order bonuses frequently, I'm guaranteed to get the collector's edition (I love those things) instead of having to try to hunt around for it. Also, I don't have to worry about driving from store to store to store if some place didn't get the shipment yet, or is sold out. Pre-ordering kicks ass. 

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By bhhawks78

I rarely ever buy games new at launch but when I do I basically always preorder just because if I'm paying full price I damn well want the bonus (especially because they are actually worthwhile often times nowadays).