#1 Posted by brandoncooper17 (153 posts) -

Really im so happy finally after all these years.

It even beats some first 3rd sonics.

#2 Posted by Kjellm87 (1722 posts) -

Was watching the QL, looks not bad. I've seen some mixed reviews

#3 Posted by brandoncooper17 (153 posts) -
@Kjellm87 said:
" Was watching the QL, looks not bad. I've seen some mixed reviews "
Lets just say its solid not utter shit like last 10
#4 Posted by CookieMonster (2460 posts) -

LAZERRRR

#5 Posted by griefersstolemykeyboard (359 posts) -

It's the first non completely shit sonic game I guess, its not great its mediocre, which is a step forward atleast.

#6 Edited by Video_Game_King (36271 posts) -

Uh...

That may look like the number 3, but Sonic's just flipping you off three times. And he's got a fourth one packed away, too.

#7 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

uh... 

#8 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

The first Sonic Adventure is still the best 3D Sonic game.  It took everything that was good about the 2D games and put them into 3D.  There was still too many boost pads and it would have been better with more Sonic and less of the other characters but it was still really good and none of the other games have come close to matching it in terms of level design.  Colours is OK at best.  It's a step forward compared to the last few Sonic games, particularly Sonic 4.  But I still wouldn't call it good.

#9 Posted by B0nd07 (1703 posts) -
@brandoncooper17 said:
" It even beats some first 3rd sonics. "
Do you perhaps mean 3D?  As in, not sprites but polygonal?  'Cause there's only one 3rd (third) Sonic game (see above).
#10 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

What differs it from Unleashed? I didn't have time to watch the entire QL but it looked pretty much the same. 

Whatevs, I'm just gonna get pissed on for this.

#11 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

1) Sonic 3 and Knuckles 
2) Sonic 2 
3) Sonic 1 

You see, its impossible that Colours is the third best Sonic game because there were more than two Sonic games on the Megadrive.

@brandoncooper17 said:

" It even beats some first 3rd sonics. "
Is that really the best compliment you can come up with? "Better than Sonic Adventure"? Seriously? I don't think I own a single game thats worse than Sonic Adventure.
#12 Posted by Sanity_Crash (41 posts) -

I don't care how "Good" you think this new Sonic game is.. Sonic has been total shit since the Genesis and you should be ashamed of yourself for giving those talentless pile of cunts at Sonic Team money.

#13 Posted by Sweep (9033 posts) -
@luce said:
" uh... 

"
Why does Shadow need a gun? Is he not already fucking badass enough as a spiky haired ghost hedgehog (Or whatever the fuck he actually is, I don't really care) with faster than light speed?  

Apparently not.
#14 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

Shadow the hedgehog is racist.
Also who gives a fuck about Sonic? Or even Mario for that matter. DK has returned.

#15 Edited by SethPhotopoulos (5484 posts) -

I think people are bashing this game because SONIC is in the title.  

Reception
Aggregate scores
AggregatorScore
GameRankings80.60% (Wii)
77.44% (DS)
Metacritic78/100 (Wii)
81/100 (DS)
Review scores
PublicationScore
1UP.comB+ (Wii)
Eurogamer8/10 (Wii)
Famitsu34/40 (Wii)
32/40 (DS)
Game Informer7/10 (Wii)
8.5/10 (DS)
GamesRadar7/10 (Wii)
GameTrailers6.4/10 (Wii)
7.9/10 (DS)
IGN8.5/10 (Wii)
8.5/10 (DS)
Nintendo Power9/10 (Wii)
7.5/10 (DS)
Official Nintendo Magazine86% (Wii)
85% (DS)
X-Play3/5 (Wii)

Now I'm gonna get replies from people telling me no one cares about review scores and Sonic is still shit.  Sega fucked up for so long this will be seen as terrible in a few years like the Adventure games which were the last good console Sonic games before Sonic Colors.
#16 Posted by ch3burashka (5310 posts) -

Best "third" Sonic, or best "3D" Sonic? Because those are two different things...

#17 Posted by Video_Game_King (36271 posts) -
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" I think people are bashing this game because SONIC is in the title. "
I'm bashing it because it's a Super Mario Galaxy rip-off. Am I the only person who's brought this up ever?
#18 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5484 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
" @SethPhotopoulos said:
I'm bashing it because it's a Super Mario Galaxy rip-off. Am I the only person who's brought this up ever? "
Just the layout and setting. 
At least they are ripping of something good like how Darksiders ripped off Zelda.
#19 Posted by csl316 (9773 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
" @SethPhotopoulos said:
I'm bashing it because it's a Super Mario Galaxy rip-off. Am I the only person who's brought this up ever? "
Do explain
#20 Posted by Video_Game_King (36271 posts) -
@csl316: 

I don't think I can, but it's just the general feel of the game is ripped from SMG. I've watched the GT review and the Quick Look, and they both give me that vibe. Hell, the title screen is a blatant rip-off of SMG. Main character in space, choreographed to a sweeping orchestral piece, anybody?

@SethPhotopoulos said:
" @Video_Game_King said:
" @SethPhotopoulos said:
Just the layout and setting. At least they are ripping of something good like how Darksiders ripped off Zelda. "
It's more than that though; they copied the drill, the Shadow Mario stages, and a lot of other crap. I realize that yes, if they're gonna rip off something, it should be good, but this doesn't exactly make me hopeful for the future of Sonic. It's like they've finally thrown in the towel and realized that Mario won the war, even though they did that two years ago with Brawl.
#21 Posted by csl316 (9773 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
" @csl316: 

I don't think I can, but it's just the general feel of the game is ripped from SMG. I've watched the GT review and the Quick Look, and they both give me that vibe. Hell, the title screen is a blatant rip-off of SMG. Main character in space, choreographed to a sweeping orchestral piece, anybody?

Yeah, I get what you mean about the vibe of the game.  I have the DS version and immediately thought of Galaxy when I first booted it up.  The gameplay is completely different, though.  I guess that's where my comparisons end.
#22 Edited by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@keyhunter said:

" Shadow the hedgehog is racist.
Also who gives a fuck about Sonic? Or even Mario for that matter. DK has returned. "

Remind me what decent platformer he was ever in. Because Donkey Kong Country was always about pre-rendered graphics over original platforming gameplay. Fuck Donkey Kong.
#23 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5484 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
" @keyhunter said:

" Shadow the hedgehog is racist.
Also who gives a fuck about Sonic? Or even Mario for that matter. DK has returned. "

Remind me what decent platformer he was ever in. Because Donkey Kong Country was always about pre-rendered graphics over original platforming gameplay. Fuck Donkey Kong. "

#24 Posted by plop1920 (451 posts) -

Do people really hate the 2 sonic adventure games? I thought they were okay, but it seems like everyone just hates on them cause its the cool thing now

#25 Posted by Video_Game_King (36271 posts) -
@csl316: 

What about the drill power up? Exactly the same as in Galaxy 2, and while I realize other games have done drill power-ups before Galaxy 2, they were usually the focus of the actual game; SMG2 just used it as a power-up, then Sonic Colors says, "Hey, that's pretty cool", and uses it for itself.
#26 Posted by kalmis (1549 posts) -
@SethPhotopoulos said:

Not sure what that has to do with Sonic or DK, but looking forward to seeing that movie.