• 78 results
#1 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

So I just read this over Kotaku and left me speechless. :|

I really really can't imagine that happening. :|

#2 Posted by Aronman789 (2682 posts) -

That would be pretty cool, then I wouldn't have fanboys screaming at me all the time.

#3 Posted by Skytylz (4033 posts) -

This would be great, I'd only have to buy 2 consoles next gen then!

#4 Edited by Icemael (6339 posts) -

Keep that quality content coming, Kotaku.

#5 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Kotaku is baiting again. The entirlely long and pointless article is to get fanboys in a tizzy and serves that idiotic purpose. micrsoft owes the domain for microsot-sony.com and sony-microsoft.com

I don't know about you but both are large multibillion dollar companies that have their hands in a lot of pies and sometimes they both have hands in the same pie.

#6 Posted by VanTesla (246 posts) -

If this happens I can see a fast fallout in the future, that would cause much legal issues...

#7 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

Lovely article, and a lovely idea 

MS's online component and software, SONY's powerful hardware, and fanboys are stuck in  the past.. love it!

#8 Posted by MisterMouse (3560 posts) -

I feel like this would create a certain monopoly is some of the gaming market, and would decrease competition between the companies. It is through competition that we see stronger products and a push to advance hardware and software so this would be a bad idea for the video game playing population.

#9 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

You're a little late to the party buddy. There's already a thread about it.

#10 Posted by Gav47 (1542 posts) -
@Icemael said:
This is all I came here to say.
#11 Posted by YukoAsho (2078 posts) -
@Icemael said:
This. 

I woudln't be surprised if this was a strengthening of relations in their relationship with Vaio, and trying to get Ericson phones with Win7.
#12 Posted by mnzy (2915 posts) -

I would appreciate that. Exclusives are bullshit.

#13 Posted by Ghostiet (5289 posts) -

I guess Kotaku desperately needs hits after the new design disaster.

#14 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i don't see that happening. i just seem the writer, writing that to get fanboys up. 

#15 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Kotaku does it again

#16 Posted by WhiteBrightKnight (166 posts) -
@pyromaster222 said:
I feel like this would create a certain monopoly is some of the gaming market, and would decrease competition between the companies. It is through competition that we see stronger products and a push to advance hardware and software so this would be a bad idea for the video game playing population.
My thoughts exactly.  I have all three consoles and I enjoy them all (though personally I'll always be partial to nintendo), and i think its because each console is so unique that we get such great first party games.
#17 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -
This would be exciting if Sony didn't make computers which run the most popular PC OS in the world which is made by Microsoft. 
#18 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

This is up there with the "WILL XBOX LIVE BE FREE NEXT MONTH?!??!" rumours.

#19 Posted by MattyFTM (14415 posts) -

I'm not clicking that. Clicking that is exactly what Kotaku want. They're aiming for pageviews by posting tripe that is going to attract a lot of views.

#20 Posted by intoblivion (314 posts) -

I think if Sony have another console fuck up (not saying the PS3 is a fuck up physically, but economically) and with the decline in TV, laptop and phone sales. In the next couple of years, I can see it

#21 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

That makes absolutely zero sense. Both companies have been pretty successful with their consoles this gen, so why would they team up next gen?

#22 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

it'd be fucking awesome if they did but this is never ever going to happen. 

also: 

" Xbox Live is the best online gaming platform in existence." 

sure, kotaku. sure.

#23 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Kotaku is  trolling for clicks and rage. 

#24 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@Toms115 said:

also:

" Xbox Live is the best online gaming platform in existence." sure, kotaku. sure.

What? PC?

#25 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -
@Dany said:

@Toms115 said:

also:

" Xbox Live is the best online gaming platform in existence." sure, kotaku. sure.

What? PC?

yeah. i love the 360 just as much as the next guy but the pc is infinitely open for anyone to do whatever they want with it. xbox live is closed off and controlled by microsoft. i know which one of those i prefer.
#26 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5301 posts) -

Bullshit.

#27 Posted by Matthaeus (2 posts) -

What I think Kotaku has failed to realize is the fact that Microsoft is responsible for things other than Xbox. These new domains could very easily have something to do with a Sony Vaio promotion, saying the two might join up and make a new console is just a silly attempt at generating buzz.

#28 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Hey OP..I got a  bridge I wanna sell ya. 

#29 Posted by AjayRaz (12440 posts) -

Kotaku. 

yep.
#30 Posted by iAmJohn (6123 posts) -

@MattyFTM said:

I'm not clicking that. Clicking that is exactly what Kotaku want. They're aiming for pageviews by posting tripe that is going to attract a lot of views.

Exactly. Shut the fuck up, Kotaku.

#31 Posted by AuthenticM (3759 posts) -

Never going to happen.

#32 Posted by Doctorchimp (4078 posts) -

While PC-based Steam is a close second overall, there's no better platform for getting games, media, and networking with friends than Xbox Live. And a unified Xbox Live and PlayStation Network would be instantly a huge community, which would be attractive to publishers and advertisers.

Does Kotaku even try anymore? Or do they love being nothing more than internet trolls with too much time?

#33 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

How did I know this was Kotaku before I even looked?
Oh yeah, because it's a shitty rumor.

#34 Posted by FlamingHobo (4483 posts) -

Kotaku: Overblowing rumours since inception.

#35 Posted by laserbolts (5331 posts) -

I wish this would happen but I highly doubt it ever would.

#36 Posted by CastroCasper (1301 posts) -

New Console Order

#37 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Sony/MS collab culminating with launch game Killer Instinct 3. Source: foggy ass phone photo of some shit written on a napkin.

#38 Posted by CptBedlam (4453 posts) -

@SethPhotopoulos said:

Bullshit.
#39 Posted by DystopiaX (5334 posts) -

Kotaku with the sensationalist headlines to generate hits; who's surprised.

Kotaku writers are retarded.

#40 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Kotaku is trolling for clicks and rage.

Same as it ever was.

I actually saw Stephen Totillo on the show floor at PAX a couple of years ago. If I see him this year, I should corner him and ask what a guy of his talents is doing working for what is essentially the News of the World of video games.

It wouldn't be hard, I assure you. He's actually rather short has the complexion of Fester Addams.

#41 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5145 posts) -

Bullshit.

#42 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

That article made me puke in my mouth a little when it said that Xbox Live was a better online service than Steam. Actually, I puked a lot.

#43 Posted by Godak (166 posts) -

I have two words for Kotaku: gurna lihsm!

#44 Posted by MatPaget (1121 posts) -
@Dany said:

Kotaku is baiting again. The entirlely long and pointless article is to get fanboys in a tizzy and serves that idiotic purpose. micrsoft owes the domain for microsot-sony.com and sony-microsoft.com

I don't know about you but both are large multibillion dollar companies that have their hands in a lot of pies and sometimes they both have hands in the same pie.

I love pie
#45 Posted by PenguinDust (12550 posts) -

One step closer to a single console future.  Dennis Dyak would be laughin' then, bitches. 

Interesting in theory, but doubtful for at least one more generation.

#46 Posted by Jolt92 (1558 posts) -

Not clicking that link. That won't happen.

#47 Posted by ajamafalous (12029 posts) -

@Icemael said:

@valrog said:

You're a little late to the party buddy. There's already a thread about it.

These.

Except that there have been like three threads on it already that I've seen.

#48 Posted by Jeffsekai (7042 posts) -

Yes please.

#49 Posted by crusader8463 (14423 posts) -

Never going to happen, but it would be neat.

#50 Posted by S0ndor (2716 posts) -

Sunny anf Micurosovd hurrduurrr team derpahuurrrr.  

I assume this is what Kotaku wrote about this issue.